Brady Quinn Looking Great | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn Looking Great

I still think Chambers was a great pick but yes Fletcher over Brees still pisses me off and I still remember people on this board telling me how Brees was not going to be good.
You could fill both sides of the pro bowl with players the Dolphins didn't draft, but again most teams have that very same problem.
As much study goes into the draft you can get Dan Marino or Ryan Leaf.

You could fill both sides of the pro bowl with players the Dolphins didn't draft, but again most teams have that very same problem.
As much study goes into the draft you can get Dan Marino or Ryan Leaf.

there is truth in your statement but u have Surtain and Madison at corner and Fielder at qb , it does not take a surgeon to know where is the greater need.

Chambers was better as a rookie than Ginn and likely will have a better career than Ginn as a Wr. This is not to say that Ginn will have a bad career so smiley face that all u want but Ginn still has alot to prove.
You can't compare the two by their rookie seasons because they were in completely different situations. First off, Chambers's rookie season was spent on a playoff team vs Ginn's rookie season spent on one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. Chambers wasn't expected to start and carry the receiving corps on his shoulders. He wasn't the only viable receiving target, so didn't have nearly as much defensive attention behind Gadsen and McKnight. He had a veteran QB, who despite how much people here hate him, was better than any QB we had last year. He had a good (albeit one hit wonder) RB taking the focus off of the passing game (I think we all remember his playoff game that year against the Colts). AND he had the 5th best defense in the league that helped keep the offense fresh.

Ginn, on the other hand, spent what, 2 games with Chambers on the other side? If that? Who else? An old Marty Booker and Hagan. He had Cleo :lol: Lemon and a rookie QB throwing to him under constant pressure. His awesome coach barely let him see the field during the first part of the season.

Stat-wise and completely out of context, sure, I suppose he had a better rookie season, but its impossible to accurately compare with any credibility using those stats.

As for career comparisons, how are you drawing the conclusion that Chambers will "likely have a better career?" By Chambers's amazing one year over 1k yards (even on playoff teams) and his inability to catch balls that don't require acrobatic moves?

I like Chambers, and I always hoped he would cross that threshold to becoming a #1 WR that he always rode near. He just never did. Ginn has far more potential to do so, particularly now that he as someone that can actually get him the ball (though, not deep :unsure: ).

I still think Chambers was a great pick but yes Fletcher over Brees still pisses me off and I still remember people on this board telling me how Brees was not going to be good.
Probably the most annoying pick I've seen ever witnessed.

Quinn wasn't exactly looking great last night against the stout *(sarcasm) Detroit Lion defense. For the record, when has Quinn ever looked "great"? I've never seen it.

Quinn didn't have Edwards or Lewis yesterday though vs Detroit. His 2 best offensive weapons. Plus it was back-to-back road games for them on a monday-saturday. Which is insane even for the preseason

Quinn played ver well last preseason and in the limited time he saw in the regular season. That SF game stands out..

I watched Brady Quinn against the Giants last night and he looked great. Now that it looks like John Beck will either be released or possibly be kept as our 3rd string QB, how to you feel about Cam and Randy's draft last year? Personally, I feel passing on Quinn with the 9th pick was stupid, and it was even more stupid not trying to trade back into the draft to get him in the latter part of the 1st round. After ruining the Dolphin's 2007 draft, what would you like to do to Cam and Randy if we could put them in the middle of Dolphins Stadium full of Dolphin fans and no security on the premises? Please keep the violent descriptions to a minium, as I am looking for some humor here to help vent away my frustrations.
Too late to look back at it.. move on.. cam is gone.. its bill's era.. and he is already showing us wut we can do so far in the preseason..

I guess most of you missed Quinns first start yesterday. Lets just say it wasnt pretty and is no where ready to start for the Browns

You can't compare the two by their rookie seasons because they were in completely different situations. First off, Chambers's rookie season was spent on a playoff team vs Ginn's rookie season spent on one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. Chambers wasn't expected to start and carry the receiving corps on his shoulders. He wasn't the only viable receiving target, so didn't have nearly as much defensive attention behind Gadsen and McKnight. He had a veteran QB, who despite how much people here hate him, was better than any QB we had last year. He had a good (albeit one hit wonder) RB taking the focus off of the passing game (I think we all remember his playoff game that year against the Colts). AND he had the 5th best defense in the league that helped keep the offense fresh.

Ginn, on the other hand, spent what, 2 games with Chambers on the other side? If that? Who else? An old Marty Booker and Hagan. He had Cleo :lol: Lemon and a rookie QB throwing to him under constant pressure. His awesome coach barely let him see the field during the first part of the season.

Stat-wise and completely out of context, sure, I suppose he had a better rookie season, but its impossible to accurately compare with any credibility using those stats.

As for career comparisons, how are you drawing the conclusion that Chambers will "likely have a better career?" By Chambers's amazing one year over 1k yards (even on playoff teams) and his inability to catch balls that don't require acrobatic moves?

I like Chambers, and I always hoped he would cross that threshold to becoming a #1 WR that he always rode near. He just never did. Ginn has far more potential to do so, particularly now that he as someone that can actually get him the ball (though, not deep :unsure: ).

Statwise and realitywise Chambers had a better rookie season. I like how u make excuses for GINN when Chambers never had a good qb throwing to him. I guess people also forget that Chambers was among the leading receivers in the NFL when we traded him an had more catches here than Ginn had most of the year. That was in like 6 games lol. I very much doubt that Ginn will have more receptions at the same point in his career as Chris Chambers. I could be wrong but odds are greatly on the side of me being right.

I guess most of you missed Quinns first start yesterday. Lets just say it wasnt pretty and is no where ready to start for the Browns

I guess its all about perception. I did not see anything to suggest he is not ready to be a starter, it is preseason and he far from looked bad.

I guess its all about perception. I did not see anything to suggest he is not ready to be a starter, it is preseason and he far from looked bad.

Did you actually watch the game? He didnt complete a pass over 12 yards and was horrible.

Statwise and realitywise Chambers had a better rookie season. I like how u make excuses for GINN when Chambers never had a good qb throwing to him. I guess people also forget that Chambers was among the leading receivers in the NFL when we traded him an had more catches here than Ginn had most of the year. That was in like 6 games lol. I very much doubt that Ginn will have more receptions at the same point in his career as Chris Chambers. I could be wrong but odds are greatly on the side of me being right.
I like how you don't actually attempt to counter anything I said. You just go with the lazy, weak "making excuses" route. :lol:

Fiedler wasn't an all-pro, but he was far superior to Lemon and Beck and Chambers obviously benefited from playing with a far better supporting cast. As for last year, Chambers only had to deal with Lemon for 3 games last season, which just happen to be his worst three games in Miami that year. Before that he had a capable (when healthy) Trent Green. That's not an excuse, that's a fact.

As for career comparisons, I guess we'll see. I know who you'll be pulling for (not in aqua and orange, obviously). I think Ginn will top him, despite starting his career on a rebuilding team as opposed to an established playoff team. Add in the return capabilities and Ginn has the potential to be much better than Chambers, and the ability to reach that potential rather than just tease us every year like Chambers.

and in the limited time that I watched the game he threw 2 passes that hit Detroit defenders in the hands. :hi5:
It's okay, he allowed time to develop so long as he's not here.

Back
Top Bottom