Brady Quinn | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn

endorPHINS72 said:
Brady Quinn has improved every year he's been at Notre Dame. I think he will not only be a starter in the NFL, but a very good one.

The remarkable thing about Brady Quinn is he really hasn't grasped Charlie Weis' offense fully. Look for Brady to put up some obscene numbers next year.
People say this same stuff about every QB each year in college who steps his game up. How many actualy turn out to be "very good" when they reach the NFL?

death7star said:
i dont want a project. i want a guy that could make an immediate impact like leinart vick or young.

Vince Young is a great college QB who has a lot of potential as an NFL QB, but he cannot come in and start day one.

Brady Quinn is running a pro offense at Notre Dame under one of the best offensive coordinators in the NFL for the last few years. Notre Dame plays top college competition every year. Even in Notre Dame's one loss, Quinn played extremely well.

I don't know how much more NFL ready a QB could be than Quinn in 2007

I guess I'm the only one who's not impressed with Vince Young at all. Kid can run, but as a QB he's mediocre.

endorPHINS72 said:
Vince Young is a great college QB who has a lot of potential as an NFL QB, but he cannot come in and start day one.

Brady Quinn is running a pro offense at Notre Dame under one of the best offensive coordinators in the NFL for the last few years. Notre Dame plays top college competition every year. Even in Notre Dame's one loss, Quinn played extremely well.

I don't know how much more NFL ready a QB could be than Quinn in 2007
speed and athletecism in the pro's is exponentially better than college regardless of who your coach is or what offense it is you are running. Being able to adapt to that is not known until you are there. A 15 yard out in college isn't the same 15 yard out throw in the NFL.

Schleprock said:
People say this same stuff about every QB each year in college who steps his game up. How many actualy turn out to be "very good" when they reach the NFL?

You make an excellent point. The draft is a crap shoot. Every year we hear about the next great NFL QB.

That being said, there will be very good QBs drafted in the future. You can't always base the future on what happened in the past.

Quinn is playing in a pro offense under one of the best offensive minds in football at Notre Dame. Does that help his stats? Of course. But one thing will be for sure -- I don't think there will be a more NFL ready QB than Brady Quinn when he comes out in 2007.

Noodle Arm said:
I guess I'm the only one who's not impressed with Vince Young at all. Kid can run, but as a QB he's mediocre.

I agree. I see Young as a poor man's Michael Vick.

Marcus Vick is supposedly a better passer than his brother....
But I dont claim to be a talent evaluater. I just heard some people say he is better than Micheal.

capecoralfinfan said:
jacobs and vick suck....vick is just a right handed version of his crappy brother. we need a pocket passer not a scramble rb hybrid.

If Marcus Vick had as much ability as Michael Vick, than I would take him in the top 5. Michael Vick gets criticism for not being the best passer in the league, but all he does is win, without Vick Atlanta does not matter, with him they're one of the best teams in the NFC. I would take Michael Vick over most Qb's in the NFL, so if there is another version of him available, who is just as good I would take that player in a second, but I don't think there is.

endorPHINS72 said:
I agree. I see Young as a poor man's Michael Vick.

Really? I think Young makes Vick look like a dwarf, I believe Vick is listed at 6'0, 210, and Young is 6'5 225, so there styles may appear similar but Young has 5 inches on him.

popularwar said:
Been thinking about this kid for a while. He's a junior though, isn't he?

They mentioed during the game that he might be a 5th year student next year....they didn't (commentators didn't elaborate so wonder....so far he looks great!

death7star said:
i dont want a project. i want a guy that could make an immediate impact like leinart vick or young.
:lol: :lol: :lol: young is a HUGE project at QB, are you kidding me? i guess he could make an instant impact if you put him at receiver, where he belongs. no QB will make an immediate impact in this draft, although leinart has the best shot

djfresh47 said:
Really? I think Young makes Vick look like a dwarf, I believe Vick is listed at 6'0, 210, and Young is 6'5 225, so there styles may appear similar but Young has 5 inches on him.
young is half the athlete vick is. he's got size on him, that's it

I think Saban may try to get a QB from the SEC. He's shown that he has a lot of respect for the players he coached and play against in that division. Guys like Ronnie, Crowder, Heath Evans, Lo Diamond, Travis Daniels, Donnie Jones. Heck even Fred Gibson on the practice squad. The list goes on. With that said, I think Saban may try to get Brody Croyle from Alabama . If he's available, I wouldn't be surprised with the pick. Saban coached against him, and he knows what kind of player he'd be getting. If not him, maybe Chris Leak.

Back
Top Bottom