Brady Quinn | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn

kastofsna120 said:
young is half the athlete vick is. he's got size on him, that's it

My point was not about there athletic ability, it was that Young is compared to Vick, but they are only similar because both can run.

he's only good b/c and only b/c of wiess(sp)

kind of the way how all qbs are good under tedford

tmny99 said:
I think Saban may try to get a QB from the SEC. He's shown that he has a lot of respect for the players he coached and play against in that division. Guys like Ronnie, Crowder, Heath Evans, Lo Diamond, Travis Daniels, Donnie Jones. Heck even Fred Gibson on the practice squad. The list goes on. With that said, I think Saban may try to get Brody Croyle from Alabama . If he's available, I wouldn't be surprised with the pick. Saban coached against him, and he knows what kind of player he'd be getting. If not him, maybe Chris Leak.

Brodie Croyle is better than most of the quarterbacks mentioned in this thread. This infatuation some people have with the "mobile" quarterback has to end.

KB21 said:
Brodie Croyle is better than most of the quarterbacks mentioned in this thread. This infatuation some people have with the "mobile" quarterback has to end.

Agreed. Mobility is a bonus, not a top tier criteria. And you have to make sure the QB understands it's a secondary feature of his game.

Vince Young won't spend five minutes as an NFL quarterback. If he does, it's more revealing of the team that drafts him than Vince Young's ability at the position.

I think Brodie Croyle is a special quarterback, if he had never had that bad injury last year we may be talking about the second best qb behind Matt Leinart. I would love for him to be the next Dolphins signal caller.

KB21 said:

Right on the money.

Name one "run-first" QB that has ever won a Super Bowl.

finfanlover said:
I think Brodie Croyle is a special quarterback, if he had never had that bad injury last year we may be talking about the second best qb behind Matt Leinart. I would love for him to be the next Dolphins signal caller.

Not to mention that he made minced meat of the Gator defense (one of the best in the nation) yesterday.

I was checking Croyle's stats and he seems to be very up and down and he barely has any TD's in his C. Career. I am hearing a lot of good thigns about this guy...can someone update me on why exactly or where they see it cuz his stats dotn seem to do any justice. thanks.

utahphinsfan said:
Don't rule out Tyler Palko getting out of Pitt as fast as he possibly can.

not only he wants to get out of wanny's crap the kid as game

utahphinsfan said:
Don't rule out Tyler Palko getting out of Pitt as fast as he possibly can.

He'd be a fool. Palko has a below average arm. He had two out passes returned for TDs vs Ohio U.

Croyles stats are up and down a lot because he is injured a lot, anyone that chooses this guy is high risk high reward situation. He gets injured but he has a ton of upside.

so then taht injury part isnt' a very good thing. I dono.

Noodle Arm said:
I guess I'm the only one who's not impressed with Vince Young at all. Kid can run, but as a QB he's mediocre.
Not by a long shot, most people I know feel the same as you do, he's a poor man's Ron Mexico (Vick), who is a horrible QB, but a great runner.

Quinn is looking great right now, there is no question in that. Being an Irish fan myself, I have watched him now for two plus years. The thing I liked the most about him since day one was his heart. He will hang in there for that extra second or two and take that hit to complete the three yard pass for a first down. Also, he doesn't seem to panic back there. I am sure Weis has helped him with that. Of course there have been a few others that looked great at Notre Dame (I'm thinking Rick Mirer, Ron Powlus) who looked like sure things and didn't work out at all in the NFL. A lot of people are comparing him to another Brady, but theres a little thing called 3 Superbowl rings and a couple of Superbowl MVP's that we might be forgetting about. That said, if he continues to look this good, I am sure someone will take a shot on him. With Weis around, he'll be ready.

Back
Top Bottom