Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016 | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016

We can't all read it through the Brady ballskin glasses you do.

I was referring to the science behind the stated measurements nothing was mentioned regarding Brady...i'll take this as you haven't read any of the report. By the looks of it you haven't read the TOS on this site either.

Go read the Pats forum. Everybody is jealous of new England and the wanted them to stop winning so this hoax came up

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Doesn't dismiss the ball boy taking the balls into the lockerroom after the ref checked the balls.

How can a ball boy deflate 12 balls in 1 min 40 secs....but 2 nfl referees couldn't take air pressure readings on 23 balls in 15 minutes?

159003_600.jpg

I was referring to the science behind the stated measurements nothing was mentioned regarding Brady...i'll take this as you haven't read any of the report. By the looks of it you haven't read the TOS on this site either.
I am well aware of the science behind it. And it has been proven time and time again that it can't happen without a needle. But sure you find 1 guy kraft pays to back his side of the story

How can a ball boy deflate 12 balls in 1 min 40 secs....but 2 nfl referees couldn't take air pressure readings on 23 balls in 15 minutes?

Its a rarely checked rule. Colts called you guys out on it and the refs checked. Refs don't usually check so it took a while. There's no telling how many times the rule has been broken.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

You do know hes an admin right lol

I believe both Brady and the Pats were punished for the cover up not the actual.

I agree with the other poster. The actual science is a totally moot point and anyone pushing it IMO is just spinning.

Anderson stated to the best of his recollection he used the logo gauge to check the pregame pressure, it wasn't until wells pressured him to change that to it was possible he could have used the non logo gauge. The addition of air I was referring to was at the pregame inspection by Anderson. One explanation offered for the greater average pressure drop vs. the colts balls was that when brought in at half time the patriots balls were checked first which would have allowed at least 10 to possibly 15 minutes for the colts balls to acclimate to the room temp. Anderson didn't record anything pregame and wells accepted all his recollections as truth except 1 and that was which gauge he used for the pregame check. I think you have misunderstood my original post if the balls were checked and set with the logo gauge pregame then the readings of those same balls when checked at half time with the logo gauge would have all fit into the range predicted using the ideal gas laws at the half i.e. they would have been set to 12.5 like Anderson stated. Without absolute definite knowledge of which gauge was used pregame the science is incomplete.

The guys who prep Brady's footballs are supposed to prep them within the league limit for PSI right? When they give them to Brady to pick the ones he likes, it is reasonable to assume that they inflated them to at least 12.5 right? Otherwise, they would be giving balls to Brady to pick out that would later be inflated by the refs. I'm sure it is common for a couple of balls to be handed in to the refs for pregame inspection that are under, but you would think most would be right at 12.5.

If you believe that Anderson used the logo gauge (.3 or .4 higher reading) then you have to assume that the Patriots handed in all 12 of their footballs in for inspection underinflated. We know the Patriots hand their footballs in for inspection at the bottom end of the limit (12.5 PSI) If Anderson only had to inflate two balls that were under 12.5 using a gauge that read .4 higher than the PSI actually was, then that would mean that all of their footballs were under the limit.

(12.5 PSI minus the higher gauge reading of .4 equals 12.1PSI)

I don't think the Patriots would do that knowing the official is going to inflate them back to 12.5. I think it is more reasonable to assume that Anderson didn't use the logo gauge and most of the Patriots balls that were handed in for pregame inspection were in fact 12.5 PSI like Anderson said they were.

Even if we assume he did use the logo gauge, the natural loss explanation doesn't make sense. I don't know the exact amount of air pressure loss that can be explained by the ideal gas law, but I find it hard to believe that it can account for a loss of over 1 - 1/2 pounds of PSI. That is the amount of pressure that was lost even when we assume that the logo gauge was used for the pregame reading.

The Wells report includes both the logo gauge readings and the non logo gauge readings. The logo gauge read at halftime that one of the Patriots balls was 10.9 PSI. That is a loss of 1.6 PSI.

If you have read the Wells report, you can't truly believe that the Patriots are innocent.

The guys who prep Brady's footballs are supposed to prep them within the league limit for PSI right? When they give them to Brady to pick the ones he likes, it is reasonable to assume that they inflated them to at least 12.5 right? Otherwise, they would be giving balls to Brady to pick out that would later be inflated by the refs. I'm sure it is common for a couple of balls to be handed in to the refs for pregame inspection that are under, but you would think most would be right at 12.5.

If you believe that Anderson used the logo gauge (.3 or .4 higher reading) then you have to assume that the Patriots handed in all 12 of their footballs in for inspection underinflated. We know the Patriots hand their footballs in for inspection at the bottom end of the limit (12.5 PSI) If Anderson only had to inflate two balls that were under 12.5 using a gauge that read .4 higher than the PSI actually was, then that would mean that all of their footballs were under the limit.

(12.5 PSI minus the higher gauge reading of .4 equals 12.1PSI)

I don't think the Patriots would do that knowing the official is going to inflate them back to 12.5. I think it is more reasonable to assume that Anderson didn't use the logo gauge and most of the Patriots balls that were handed in for pregame inspection were in fact 12.5 PSI like Anderson said they were.

Even if we assume he did use the logo gauge, the natural loss explanation doesn't make sense. I don't know the exact amount of air pressure loss that can be explained by the ideal gas law, but I find it hard to believe that it can account for a loss of over 1 - 1/2 pounds of PSI. That is the amount of pressure that was lost even when we assume that the logo gauge was used for the pregame reading.

The Wells report includes both the logo gauge readings and the non logo gauge readings. The logo gauge read at halftime that one of the Patriots balls was 10.9 PSI. That is a loss of 1.6 PSI.

If you have read the Wells report, you can't truly believe that the Patriots are innocent.

I believe this....if you check the balls at pregame inspection and all balls are either set or already at 12.5 psi with a specific pressure gauge then you recheck them at half time or post game with that same pressure gauge. To me that would be the most accurate way to compare the pressure drop.

As to the .3 to .45 variation between the 2 different pressure gauges no where did the wells report state which gauge was accurate.

I have read the wells report and also have seen how the team and Brady is not letting this drop. The wells report
is 95% rubbish. I believe that Brady asked for 12.5 psi and nothing less than 12.5.

Regarding the ideal gas law you can read this link or google search it for your self.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ooler-place/2KfFPHn9dARXXCwMgBMSkO/story.html

HeadSmart Labs, a Pittsburgh research company working on preventing head injuries from sports, said that it conducted a study that found weather and field conditions alone could have lowered the pressure by as much as 1.95 psi. “We took 12 brand-new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would have experienced throughout the game,” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs, in a press release. “Out of the 12 footballs we tested, we found that, on average, footballs dropped 1.8 psi when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions.”

I believe this....if you check the balls at pregame inspection and all balls are either set or already at 12.5 psi with a specific pressure gauge then you recheck them at half time or post game with that same pressure gauge. To me that would be the most accurate way to compare the pressure drop.

As to the .3 to .45 variation between the 2 different pressure gauges no where did the wells report state which gauge was accurate.

Regarding the ideal gas law you can read this link or google search it for your self.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...ooler-place/2KfFPHn9dARXXCwMgBMSkO/story.html

HeadSmart Labs, a Pittsburgh research company working on preventing head injuries from sports, said that it conducted a study that found weather and field conditions alone could have lowered the pressure by as much as 1.95 psi. “We took 12 brand-new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would have experienced throughout the game,” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs, in a press release. “Out of the 12 footballs we tested, we found that, on average, footballs dropped 1.8 psi when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions.

To simulate the "Deflator" taking them into the bathroom stall. :tubes:

:sidelol:

Plus it doesnt take 10-15 minutes to check the pressure of footballs.

Tell that to the NFL they are the ones that only checked 4 of the colts balls.....because they ran out of time. Plus 3 out of the 4 colts balls checked were below 12.5 psi. Have you ever offered anything knowledgeable or useful to any discussion?

I have read the wells report and also have seen how the team and Brady is not letting this drop. The wells report
is 95% rubbish. I believe that Brady asked for 12.5 psi and nothing less than 12.5.

HeadSmart Labs, a Pittsburgh research company working on preventing head injuries from sports, said that it conducted a study that found weather and field conditions alone could have lowered the pressure by as much as 1.95 psi. “We took 12 brand-new authentic NFL footballs and exposed them to the different elements they would have experienced throughout the game,” said Thomas Healy, founder of HeadSmart Labs, in a press release. “Out of the 12 footballs we tested, we found that, on average, footballs dropped 1.8 psi when being exposed to dropping temperatures and wet conditions.”

Listen, Bill Nye already put all of this to rest. There is absolutely no way those footballs lost that much air pressure naturally.

One last point I want to drill home: You can't possibly believe that the Patriots have fumbled far less than the league norm starting in 2007 (exactly the same time they could play with their own footballs) without resorting to something totally shady/illegal. Coaching and skill alone so far does not explain the phenomenon because as players leave the Patriots that return to fumbling at exactly the same rate they did before joining.

The whole rest of the league would love to know by what exact legal means coach Belichick and the Patriots have accomplished this. We would all feel much better about the NFL knowing that we haven't all been fleeced for the past 7 years.

Tell that to the NFL they are the ones that only checked 4 of the colts balls.....because they ran out of time. Plus 3 out of the 4 colts balls checked were below 12.5 psi. Have you ever offered anything knowledgeable or useful to any discussion?

[video=youtube_share;Bxauqa7rJgI]http://youtu.be/Bxauqa7rJgI[/video]

Back
Top Bottom