Brandon Gibson "excited to win AFC West".... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Gibson "excited to win AFC West"....

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, autocorrect on a smartphone sucks...

So he is not up on his geography....he's a football player not a weatherman.

I tried to tell people based on the film view...he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Hence the reason Revenge of the Nerds was a movie. Smart guys vs. jocks. Little Giants had the nerd kid diagramming plays for the team. Why didn't he play? Because he was a skinny dork.

I know imitation is the highest form of flattery but... did you seriously steal my avatar?? After complimenting me on it 3 years ago?

View attachment 11029

No. He didn't steal your avatar. He took the concept, but he didn't use YOUR avatar. Here are some MAJOR differences: His has an orange faded to white background, yours has a white one. His has an aqua boarder, yours doesn't. His has a shadow, yours doesn't. His is a Tannehill jersey, yours is double zero. His is the NEW jersey, yours is the old one. Yours says "First down", his doesn't. The only thing they have in common is the Evil Monkey.

Now look, I understand where you are coming from. I really do. I had a guy blatantly rip off my avatar some years ago. But in my situation the guy didn't even bother to change it up at all. In this case, when scrolling through the screen, there is a DISTINCT difference between the two avatars, thus two different people.

In an offseason where NFL teams are dealing with DUIs, players getting arrested for fighting, murders, suspensions for PEDs, the fact that the Dolphins biggest drama is a player's choice in hats, a player saying he likes girls and another player's auto correct messing up a tweet, this has been a successful offseason.

I don't disagree but you can't possibly buy the autocorrect story, can you?

I don't disagree but you can't possibly buy the autocorrect story, can you?

Sure, why not? Autocorrect screws me over from time to time. Seeing as he is coming from the NFC WEST, it is safe to say it is saved as an autocorrect option. So if he accidently writes say AFC Uast it likely would autocrorrect it to West, not East. On top of that, "E" is right beside "W".

Really though I don't care, this is just another overblown offseason story that has a plausible excuse behind it. Now that training camp has started this kind of nonsense is barely a blip on the radar. I don't really care if you believe his claim or not, isn't going to stop him from scoring touchdowns against the Jets.

Sure, why not? Autocorrect screws me over from time to time. Seeing as he is coming from the NFC WEST, it is safe to say it is saved as an autocorrect option. So if he accidently writes say AFC Uast it likely would autocrorrect it to West, not East. On top of that, "E" is right beside "W".

Really though I don't care, this is just another overblown offseason story that has a plausible excuse behind it. Now that training camp has started this kind of nonsense is barely a blip on the radar. I don't really care if you believe his claim or not, isn't going to stop him from scoring touchdowns against the Jets.

West and East aren't really that close, I don't buy it. Whop cares really but I'm not buying it.

"uast' would be one letter off from east and 2 off from west why would it go to West?

Hey, remember when the Jets went after him in free agency to be a starting WR?

Good times.

No, none of us remember something that never happened. we did try to sign him but certainly not to start.

West and East aren't really that close, I don't buy it. Whop cares really but I'm not buying it.

"uast' would be one letter off from east and 2 off from west why would it go to West?

No, none of us remember something that never happened. we did try to sign him but certainly not to start.

From Rotoworld:
Free agent WR Brandon Gibson is scheduled to visit the Dolphins following Wednesday's meeting with the Jets.

While the Jets likely view Gibson as a go-to guy in their offense opposite Santonio Holmes, the Dolphins would wisely use him as a No. 3/4 receiver behind starters Mike Wallace and Brian Hartline. We'll see if Gang Green can actually land one of their targets after striking out on Day 1.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/03/former_rams_wr_brandon_gibson.html
Why is Gibson significant? According to a person with knowledge of the situation, Gibson had a two-day visit with the Jets this week and was a high priority during free agent. With interest from each team in the division, Gibson essentially had his pick.

On top of that have you seen your WR depth behind Holmes(who is no guarantee himself health wise)? Hill? Kerley? Spadola? Our trash Gates? Gibson likley was going to be in contention for the #2 spot. You don't make it a "High priority" at the start of free agency to be a #3 or #4. Mike Wallace was Miami's "high priority" free agent(they got him), and then they viewed Gibson as a #3. Gibson likely would have had a much bigger role in New York than he will in Miami.

From Rotoworld:

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/03/former_rams_wr_brandon_gibson.html

On top of that have you seen your WR depth behind Holmes(who is no guarantee himself health wise)? Hill? Kerley? Spadola? Our trash Gates? Gibson likley was going to be in contention for the #2 spot. You don't make it a "High priority" at the start of free agency to be a #3 or #4. Mike Wallace was Miami's "high priority" free agent(they got him), and then they viewed Gibson as a #3. Gibson likely would have had a much bigger role in New York than he will in Miami.

If he was a high priority we would have signed him, we wanted him at a price. In case you didn't pay attention the jets were going the cheap route in FA this offseason before we get a ton of cap room back next year where I assume we will be more active.

Gibson would not have started here, if he thought he would or if we wanted to he would have come here and started.

If he was a high priority we would have signed him, we wanted him at a price. In case you didn't pay attention the jets were going the cheap route in FA this offseason before we get a ton of cap room back next year where I assume we will be more active.

Gibson would not have started here, if he thought he would or if we wanted to he would have come here and started.
Sometimes players take less money/a lesser role when factoring in the organization stability and positive and/or negative atmosphere. Matt Moore easily could have found a team where he could compete for a starting job(Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, even New York), but he decided to stay in Miami as a backup.

Sometimes players take less money/a lesser role when factoring in the organization stability and positive and/or negative atmosphere. Matt Moore easily could have found a team where he could compete for a starting job(Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland, Arizona, even New York), but he decided to stay in Miami as a backup.

Matt Moore could have competed elsewhere but he wasn't signing a big deal.

Gibson wasn't getting a bog deal from us and wasn't starting, it would make more sense going to a team that appears ready to compete now than on one that appears to be struggling now unless the struggling team a)offered significantly more money and b) told him he'd be starting/a focal point of the O.

Back
Top Bottom