Brandon Gibson | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Gibson

Dlocks- Playing around with you was fun and I'm sure educational for you but, all fun comes to an end. I'll show you how to keep your word by not replying to whatever you post next. Have a good day and consider an educational opportunity that will enhance your future. I will reply if you want my assistance in your search. I'm all about the kids, you know?

there is not a person that cannot get value from more education at any point, so not sure what your point is. In fact Im working on my Masters in between deployments. Not sure how you could be of any more help than the current advisors of my university unless u think you are more qualified than their academic advisors

That's pretty much it. Out of 101 wide receivers that ran at least 200 routes in 2012, his TDs per Route figure ranks about 39th percentile. Even that stat, which is probably his best stat, doesn't really qualify as "very good".

The stat people keep quoting about 1st downs as a percentage of catches is pretty much meaningless.

No, his best stat is he ranked 11th in DVOA and 21st in DYAR, along with PFF's rankings quoted by the OP. It's one thing to say you've seen the guy and you don't like him, it's quite another to pull stats like TDs per route out of your magic hat. Give me a break. If you want advanced metrics you have to play with the big boys, it's not as easy as that to just make one up.

No, his best stat is he ranked 11th in DVOA and 21st in DYAR, along with PFF's rankings quoted by the OP. It's one thing to say you've seen the guy and you don't like him, it's quite another to pull stats like TDs per route out of your magic hat. Give me a break. If you want advanced metrics you have to play with the big boys, it's not as easy as that to just make one up.

Not familiar with DVOA and DYAR rankings. Can you fill me in?

FWIW, I found a little info on Gibson in the slot. Last year he ran 39 routes from the slot, and caught 5 of 6 targets for 53 yards and 2 TD's. Just a flash at that position but, a pretty good one.

for all these metric fans what about the metrics for the three other seasons he was in ST Louis

for all these metric fans what about the metrics for the three other seasons he was in ST Louis

I hate to take away from a "War And Peace" debate, which IMO has become very boring but, I give players 3 years, as do most, to judge them.

OK, back to War And Peace. Thanks for allowing the intermission. :)

I hate to take away from a "War And Peace" debate, which IMO has become very boring but, I give players 3 years, as do most, to judge them.

OK, back to War And Peace. Thanks for allowing the intermission. :)

im done with any back and fourth that continually detracts from thread. so then i ask what were his third year number metrics compared to 4th year

Not familiar with DVOA and DYAR rankings. Can you fill me in?

Football Outsiders main stats. FO is similar to PFF in they chart every play and then give each play a value depending on its level of success. The main idea is that a play has more value or less value depending on the circumstances. A 5-yard gain has more merit on 3rd and 5 than on 3rd and 15 not only because you need that first down (that would define success in this case), but because defenses are designed to defend the first down play (or successful play), but they'll let you get the shorter stuff easy, if you want it. Another very clear example is a 1-yard gain on 1st and 10 vs 3rd and 1.

Similarly, big chunks of yards when you are down multiple scores late in the game carry a penalty, as the defense is pretty much giving you a lot of real estate in exchange for staying inbounds. And so on.

im done with any back and fourth that continually detracts from thread. so then i ask what were his third year number metrics compared to 4th year

Terrible. His 4th year was either a breakout year or an outlier.

I like the signing. I think he is better than most give him credit for. I think he is better than Bess and I love the fact that he makes catches for first down.

Back
Top Bottom