Brandon Gibson | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Gibson

You both made some VG points. However, I was one who mentioned Gibson as a red zone threat, not him. Do you dispute that?

Yeah but, he brought it up in a post replying to something I said. I didn't even see where you mentioned Gibson as a red zone threat. Gibson is the best position of his young career, as are most of the WRs and TEs on our team. He now has a chance to be exactly what he is....... an option, in an offense, where he does not have to be a #1 or #2. Hell, he may not even be our 3rd receiving threat if we add Keller to that list.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Thanks, Im glad you made that observation. Im just not sure why we cant just discuss football without people trying to make somesilly observation that I feel like Im never wrong or I feel like it.
I admit when Im wrong and nobody on this board is right all the time Im currently at an all time right ratio of 99.9 percent which is an all time low for me(just kidding because Im sure I will be attacked on that statement by somebody lol) That was your position as well as others on Gibson being a redzone threat, I don't agree based on his total NFL history, doesn't mean your an idiot and Im a genius, just means we view it differently.

Upon Further Review, I may want to take the red zone threat back. Two of his TD's were vs the Jets in a loss, and another was vs Buff, although his 2 vs the Jets were inside the 10.

Gibson was fair against SF and Seattle in 2 games vs VG D's in getting around 45 yds in each but, nothing in the other two games. This was with him being covered as a #1 or #2 WR by great D's. JMO but, on a WR, I give them 3 years to adapt, and discount his first two seasons. I thought his stats last year were good but, am more interested in his potential in his prime. We shall see.

Yeah but, he brought it up in a post replying to something I said. I didn't even see where you mentioned Gibson as a red zone threat. Gibson is the best position of his young career, as are most of the WRs and TEs on our team. He now has a chance to be exactly what he is....... an option, in an offense, where he does not have to be a #1 or #2. Hell, he may not even be our 3rd receiving threat if we add Keller to that list.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

I do agree. Gibson is young, and is now going to be looking at 3rd option coverage. That's a big difference. He may have a VG year or, could lose out to Matthews at #3. Regardless, I'm happy with the signing, and think he is an upgrade over Bess for this O. JMO

The logic on this site is simply mind bloggins. So PFF rated him #21 based on every snap he took and on game performance, and somehow, you magically believe he's rated in the top 60 ? So let me ask you ? What metrics did you to assure us he's only in the top 60 ?

PPF didn't rate him #21 based on every snap he took last year.....what i read from the OP that was for 1/2 the year. So save the " logic on this site is simply mind blogging "
when you can't even read and understand what we are talking about.

And for you stat geek's http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41.... look who is #57 and that #57 is the best he's ever done.......EVER!!! Lol

Thanks, Im glad you made that observation. Im just not sure why we cant just discuss football without people trying to make somesilly observation that I feel like Im never wrong or I feel like it.
I admit when Im wrong and nobody on this board is right all the time Im currently at an all time right ratio of 99.9 percent which is an all time low for me(just kidding because Im sure I will be attacked on that statement by somebody lol) That was your position as well as others on Gibson being a redzone threat, I don't agree based on his total NFL history, doesn't mean your an idiot and Im a genius, just means we view it differently.

I'm .1% better on being right, and just read posts by those inferior (such as yourself) for amusement. JK/LOL

My arguements are no more flawed than anybody elses. Multiple people have stated Gibson as a red zone threat on this board and you said u had read none of that so that's why I brought that up. I have never implied he was a red zone threat and his history for his NFL career shows he probably isn't much of one. Im not sure you understand what an argument is, you make your point then someone makes a counterpoint. You act like your counterpoint is so bulletproof that there is no more to say, in fact I don't think you made a good point and I don't agree thus the argument is not over. The very thing you accuse me of is exactly what your doing but somehow I have reading comprehension. Gibson wanted around 6 million a year and not one team was willing to pay close to that, he is with the dolphins because we offered the most money for his services , he will most likely struggle to have close to the season he had last season because he will be at best a third or even 4th option in our offense. Please stick to discussing the damn subject and quit trying to make veiled personal attacks at me.

You see it as a possible struggle to get to where he was last season. I'm saying, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WHAT HE DID LAST SEASON IN THIS OFFENSE FOR HIM TO BE EFFECTIVE!!!!! We know you feel Gibson is in a worse position than last year. That is were you are wrong no matter how you try to be right. How much he is paid or who tried to get him is irrelevant. HE IS HERE AND HE IS IN A MUCH BETTER POSITION NOW THAN LAST. I never commented on your money argument. Take that up with whoever challenged you there. It wasn't me. My contention is, and has always been, that Gibson is in a better position now, than last season. That is where YOU AND ME disagreed and that is what I had a problem with. See, you made a point- Gibson is not in a better position this year than last- I then counter argued by saying Gibson is in a better position this season than last and then listed reasons why he was in a better position. Basic argument if you ask me. Not sure what you are missing or not understanding about that. Stay focused and concentrate on who is saying what. They offer classes for that hardship. You were the one who posted about Gibson being a RZ threat or not being a RZ threat, in a post replied to me. That's fact. Look it up.

And, I don't have a problem dong both, this is the internet, if you can't handle it, be quiet and don't respond. I will do me. Thanks for the advice but, you can keep it to yourself.

PPF didn't rate him #21 based on every snap he took last year.....what i read from the OP that was for 1/2 the year. So save the " logic on this site is simply mind blogging "
when you can't even read and understand what we are talking about.

And for you stat geek's http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/p.../sort/receivingYards/qualified/false/count/41.... look who is #57 and that #57 is the best he's ever done.......EVER!!! Lol

Sorry LOM but, you misread my OP. Gibson was graded on every play he played but, that was only half of the team's snaps.

IF we want to go with ESPN, which I don't, and go with #57, how bad is that for a #3 option? EVER is his first 3 years in the NFL.

Lol yup i know. i read it right.

I don't think it's bad, i don't think he's a bad player..............i'm just not so HIGH i think he's in anyway a top #21WR in the nfl.

Lol yup i know. i read it right.

I don't think it's bad, i don't think he's a bad player..............i'm just not so HIGH i think he's in anyway a top #21WR in the nfl.

I completely agree, and guarantee that there are many more WR's ranked below #21 I would much rather have, maybe 20 or more. However, Gibson did earn his grades, although on a limited basis.

You see it as a possible struggle to get to where he was last season. I'm saying, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WHAT HE DID LAST SEASON IN THIS OFFENSE FOR HIM TO BE EFFECTIVE!!!!! We know you feel Gibson is in a worse position than last year. That is were you are wrong no matter how you try to be right. How much he is paid or who tried to get him is irrelevant. HE IS HERE AND HE IS IN A MUCH BETTER POSITION NOW THAN LAST. I never commented on your money argument. Take that up with whoever challenged you there. It wasn't me. My contention is, and has always been, that Gibson is in a better position now, than last season. That is where YOU AND ME disagreed and that is what I had a problem with. See, you made a point- Gibson is not in a better position this year than last- I then counter argued by saying Gibson is in a better position this season than last and then listed reasons why he was in a better position. Basic argument if you ask me. Not sure what you are missing or not understanding about that. Stay focused and concentrate on who is saying what. They offer classes for that hardship. You were the one who posted about Gibson being a RZ threat or not being a RZ threat, in a post replied to me. That's fact. Look it up.

And, I don't have a problem dong both, this is the internet, if you can't handle it, be quiet and don't respond. I will do me. Thanks for the advice but, you can keep it to yourself.

Obviosuly u need advice from a damn professional fine we wont stay on subject u will make your jab then I will make mine and that will make for some wonderful message board discussion until some mod deciedes that we have derided the thread. You are the one who started attacking me on this so be it. I dont agree with your point and u dont agree with mine Im not sure what the big deal is or how this turns into trying to attack the other poster but obviously thats what u want. South Beach even came on and showed why I said contradicted on what u said about nobody calling him a redzone threat but of course u ignore that.

Brandon Gibson in my opinion will not have as many receptions, have as many tds or have some crazy 1st down stat that makes him seem like he is better than he is this year. This is my opinion and Im sure some will disagree and some will agree. Gibson is not suited to be a main target but for him as a player he will not have better chances to shine being like the 4th option in an offense.Hell Gibson might not even be that option for long because he is really nothing special.

I'm .1% better on being right, and just read posts by those inferior (such as yourself) for amusement. JK/LOL

Thanks anyway u made an attempt to be the voice of reason but people just want do what they want but thx

Thanks anyway u made an attempt to be the voice of reason but people just want do what they want but thx for the civility.

I completely agree, and guarantee that there are many more WR's ranked below #21 I would much rather have, maybe 20 or more. However, Gibson did earn his grades, although on a limited basis.

I can name probably name over 60 wide receivers I would rather have than Gibson but that makes sense since he is not viewed as a starting receiver and there are 64 starters in the league basically

I'm saying, HE DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WHAT HE DID LAST SEASON IN THIS OFFENSE FOR HIM TO BE EFFECTIVE!!!!.

This makes no sense to me. He scored 5 td's last year. We complain about lack of td's. So now if he goes back to his standard 1 or 2 td's its fine?

This makes no sense to me. He scored 5 td's last year. We complain about lack of td's. So now if he goes back to his standard 1 or 2 td's its fine?

He had his most effective season ever in the nfl by a long shot so I think one has to argue that being the player he was the three previous years would not be very effective.

Back
Top Bottom