Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source

I don't get the Dion Jordan love on this sight. Other than winning the underware olympics 2 years ago, he really hasn't done much. At some point it no longer is the teacher's problem, it becomes the student's.

I think this move means Jordan will be traded to Eagles for a late round pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We aren't trading Dion Jordan for a late round pick when he'll count 6.67 in dead space against the cap in a trade. He only counts 5.6 against the cap if we keep him.

The pick needs to be top 64.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

As far as I've heard we have not re-signed Derrick Shelby. I'd assume this is his replacement. Your 3 man DE rotation is Wake, Vernon, and Graham.

Graham isn't a rotation guy at 7 million + per season.

The only mirage is people thinking Cam Wake was this big time player in 2014. He would of been great if he was a "situational pass rusher". Fact is he gets 9.8 million a season . . . at that price, he needs to be a 3 down guy. He is not that anymore. Brandon Graham is that.

How many times last year were people saying "Why the **** is Cam Wake is on the sidelines?" in crucial situations? People thought we were forcing Dion Jordan on the field . . . no we weren't, we were trying to cover for Cam Wake in the run game.

He's a great pass rusher man, I'm not denying that. He makes too much to be just that tho.

brandon graham was in danger of being out of the league not long ago he had done so little in the pros...now he's a 3 down player in a 43 huh...well maybe that flies with you it doesnt with me...i need a more consistent body of work and not just contract year...i don't think this dudes gonna be some animal run defender in a 43 either...

well that got old guy is still the best pass rusher in the building and the only one that got you off the field

Only guy that got us off the field? We couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half because we couldn't stop the run. The last 6 games we were ranked 32nd in the league and a large portion of that I watched our star DE breathing heavy on the sideline because he was getting abused.

We aren't trading Dion Jordan for a late round pick when he'll count 6.67 in dead space against the cap in a trade. He only counts 5.6 against the cap if we keep him.

The pick needs to be top 64.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Graham isn't a rotation guy at 7 million + per season.

No way could they get a top 64 pick, but maybe a 4th rounder.. They might be willing given they know they can't make it work with Jordan.

If they don't think they can get production from him, might as well take the hit now, get a pick and open up cap space for the future
Here's a good take from CK:

@ckparrot: Not even going to bother with the cap ramifications of a Jordan trade. It's not worth knowing. They'd save $5.5 mil cash over 2015 & 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only guy that got us off the field? We couldn't get off the field in the 2nd half because we couldn't stop the run. The last 6 games we were ranked 32nd in the league and a large portion of that I watched our star DE breathing heavy on the sideline because he was getting abused.

when you were able to actually get a team in obvious passing downs and distances wake was the only guy that got you off the field...don't make it out like the lb core in base personnel wasn't horrendous in every aspect...misi at mike and wheeler at strong were lost

as far as the pass rushers were concerned it was wake or nothing

Haven't they said Tannenbaum is looking at 2016 and willing to sacrifice 2015 to a degree? Maybe Wake is out sooner rather than later.

i cant believe so many people want to get rid of Wake this year! :lol: I guess thats what landing Suh will do..

This is a very unexpected move (assuming we land Graham)

I do not want to get rid of Wake. However, I am not surprised based on signing Suh and the ideas floated by Tannenbaum that he could go. In fact, I am thinking he has talked OV more than Wake in his interviews.

I just love the idea of Wake next to Suh.

We shall I guess.

i cant believe so many people want to get rid of Wake this year! :lol: I guess thats what landing Suh will do..

This is a very unexpected move (assuming we land Graham)

It's not that I want to get rid of Wake . . . he's my favorite player on the team.

I just know what I saw in 2014 and I saw an aging DE who would be better suited as a situational pass rusher. You don't give situational pass rushers 9.8 million a season. Brandon Graham has a lot of untapped potential, and he is fully healthy and had his best season last year. He's a natural 4-3 LDE who is already one of the better run stopping DE/OLBs in the league and has the ability to be a really good pass rusher.

There is A LOT to like about a move like this.

Back
Top Bottom