Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source

Would be a sign that either:

1) They want to move Dion Jordan to linebacker permanently.

2) They think they can trade Dion for something (might I suggested a ham sandwich).

It also might signal that they don't see Olivier Vernon being worthy of a long term deal next offseason (when his contract would expire). And in any case Cameron Wake is 33 years old. The guy is a physical marvel but the calendar is the calendar.

So whatever the reason there's a justification there. For me though it sounds like #1 might be the most likely. They might have had an interest in Willis or Harris and had budget allocated to the possibility of signing them. With that eliminated the plan could have switched from signing a MLB and moving Misi back to SLB to keeping Misi at MLB and moving McCain and Jordan to SLB. Moving those two players creates a hole on your defensive line, hence Graham. Essentially you've gone from giving that money to Harris to giving it to Brandon Graham.

Anyway, I've got to admit that the idea of a pass rushing defensive line consisting of Graham, Vernon, Suh and Wake makes me happy.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP · 1m1 minute ago
Brandon Graham just started following the #Dolphins and #Giants on Twitter. Is he down to those two teams?

Misi in the middle again? :crazy:

Please... let us hit on at least 4 players in the draft so that we can actually compete this year...

Ugh. This reminds me of Brandon Gibson signing after we signed Wallace.

I hope this might involve Jordan and not Wake.

I think that they must be looking for him to come into the rotatation as a DE and with Wake, Vernon, Jordan, Fede, we have some talent. I think we have bigger needs like a mike LB, but they must really like him.

I don't think wake is going anywhere. They keep him to make a big push this year and then reassess after the year. Dion Jordan shouldn't factor in at all because he is awful. Move him to LB

Would be a sign that either:

1) They want to move Dion Jordan to linebacker permanently.

2) They think they can trade Dion for something (might I suggested a ham sandwich).

It also might signal that they don't see Olivier Vernon being worthy of a long term deal next offseason (when his contract would expire). And in any case Cameron Wake is 33 years old. The guy is a physical marvel but the calendar is the calendar.

So whatever the reason there's a justification there. For me though it sounds like #1 might be the most likely. They might have had an interest in Willis or Harris and had budget allocated to the possibility of signing them. With that eliminated the plan could have switched from signing a MLB and moving Misi back to SLB to keeping Misi at MLB and moving McCain and Jordan to SLB. Moving those two players creates a hole on your defensive line, hence Graham. Essentially you've gone from giving that money to Harris to giving it to Brandon Graham.

Anyway, I've got to admit that the idea of a pass rushing defensive line consisting of Graham, Vernon, Suh and Wake makes me happy.

Who is Harris?

It's not that I want to get rid of Wake . . . he's my favorite player on the team.

I just know what I saw in 2014 and I saw an aging DE who would be better suited as a situational pass rusher. You don't give situational pass rushers 9.8 million a season. Brandon Graham has a lot of untapped potential, and he is fully healthy and had his best season last year. He's a natural 4-3 LDE who is already one of the better run stopping DE/OLBs in the league and has the ability to be a really good pass rusher.

There is A LOT to like about a move like this.

situational pass rusher with wake down the road sure...but i'm not gonna ask the guy to take a cut when he looks around the room and knows no one can sniff him still in that department and he hasnt had a season where he spent significant time injured...and i'm damn sure not cutting him for a one year analytics guy in a contract year who's career production wise as a pass rusher is like one of wakes seasons

and you can't call graham already one of the better run stuffing 43 de's when he hasn't shown in a 43 he is...that's a projection...

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 12m12 minutes ago
Re: Brandon Graham speculation, Wake has not been asked to restructure this offseason, so if it would happen, wld prob be Graham AND Wake.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 10m10 minutes ago
Cam Wake has been given no hints that the Dolphins don't want him at his $9M salary (which given this market, is almost a steal).

Back
Top Bottom