BRANDON Jones Rehab Going Well | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRANDON Jones Rehab Going Well

Good to hear. We need him back. I thought I read somewhere that he would not likely be ready for the start of the season. Don't remember where, but I hope he is ready.
ACLs used to be a 12 month injury so that makes sense, but it is hopeful he could be back earlier as a number of players are playing well in less than a year now.

Fingers crossed but yeah, he may not be ready for the first quarter or half of the season.

Glad his rehab is going well!! Kind of off topic, but if we do bring in Fangio or Fangio lite (Desai) what happens to Brandon Jones next season? The defense they would bring in use the safety position differently, and I am not sure they would view Brandon as good enough in coverage to be a starter at one of the safety positions. As a hybrid SS/LB to blitz and primarily play in the box sure, but that's more of a role player. Not slighting Brandon at all... love him as a player.. I am just pointing out what a change in defense could mean for him.
Worry!

ACLs used to be a 12 month injury so that makes sense, but it is hopeful he could be back earlier as a number of players are playing well in less than a year now.

Fingers crossed but yeah, he may not be ready for the first quarter or half of the season.
Yeah and that might explain the other Jones to a few of us!

Great news.

He was the injury that hurt the most IMO to our defense.

I look back at all those 3rd and longs and wonder how different they would be if Jones was back there.

Also, I would love to replay the Bears game, defensively against Fields with Jones back there.

He is more important to this defense then Many, including myself, gave him credit for.

Great news.

He was the injury that hurt the most IMO to our defense.

I look back at all those 3rd and longs and wonder how different they would be if Jones was back there.

Also, I would love to replay the Bears game, defensively against Fields with Jones back there.

He is more important to this defense then Many, including myself, gave him credit for.
The guy came a long way in two years. Easily one of our best defensive players early last year. His coverage skills had noticeably improved.

Spot on, general recovery time is 8-9 months now. Which is mind boggling.

I thought his injury was meniscus? McD said it was related to his college career...

So it was an ACL? If so -- I don't see that as a lingering nag from back in college.

Whatever. He's a class act. Has a legit future as a model!

Scarred knees may hurt his swim suit competition.

Seriously. Hope he makes it back 100% ready to rock and roll...

Thought he was the biggest loss of the season. Limited a lot of what we aimed to do defensively on Sundays. Forced us to play Jevon Holland out of position throughout the season.

He’s the best blitzing safety in football and has the brain capacity of Jay Fiedler’ ears and nose combined. Thought he improved substantially in coverage this season before he went down. He’s a guy you always expect to get better.

We probably need to upgrade from Rowe in terms of a third safety….

Spot on, general recovery time is 8-9 months now. Which is mind boggling.
Surgical concepts improve upon standard methods over time. There are also more advanced healing agents available these days for avascular tissue (tissue that doesn’t normally receive a lot of blood, like the structural tissue in ligaments and tendons). These definitely play into the faster recovery times we’ve seen in recent years.

Good news on Brandon. He was missed. Shame Byron Jones hasnt shown the same positivity and connection with the fans and team.
That's one of the reasons that people think he's on his way out....even if you forget about the contract and all...it's just this weird disconnect when it comes to him and whatever his situation is...

Thought he was the biggest loss of the season. Limited a lot of what we aimed to do defensively on Sundays. Forced us to play Jevon Holland out of position throughout the season.

He’s the best blitzing safety in football and has the brain capacity of Jay Fiedler’ ears and nose combined. Thought he improved substantially in coverage this season before he went down. He’s a guy you always expect to get better.

We probably need to upgrade from Rowe in terms of a third safety….
I think you're 100% correct on Rowe as he's going on the wrong side of 30...doubtful he gets much better than he is at this point in time in his career.

Glad his rehab is going well!! Kind of off topic, but if we do bring in Fangio or Fangio lite (Desai) what happens to Brandon Jones next season? The defense they would bring in use the safety position differently, and I am not sure they would view Brandon as good enough in coverage to be a starter at one of the safety positions. As a hybrid SS/LB to blitz and primarily play in the box sure, but that's more of a role player. Not slighting Brandon at all... love him as a player.. I am just pointing out what a change in defense could mean for him.
Good coaches put good players in position to thrive.

Crummy coaches let good players walk that don't 'fit the scheme"

Mike Gesicki is not a good football player, Brandon Jones is.

But it’s not even March!

He’s putting himself at a high risk of playing next season
Of course, last year of his contract next year.

Players always do what they can to maximize the last year of their contract.

Back
Top Bottom