Brandon Marshall being called "Baby T.O." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall being called "Baby T.O."

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
Just saw the recap of the combine on NFL Network... Mike Mayock was going position to position talking about 4 or 5 guys that he really liked.

When he got to receivers... he said the obvious guy is Jackson, and another great one is Moss... but that a guy he really liked was Brandon Marshall. Mayock loved his size and said he really answered questions about his speed.

He also said that the scouts around the combine had nicknamed him "Baby T.O."... :cooldude: (And not because of anything off the field :whew: )

FinNasty said:
Just saw the recap of the combine on NFL Network... Mike Mayock was going position to position talking about 4 or 5 guys that he really liked.

When he got to receivers... he said the obvious guy is Jackson, and another great one is Moss... but that a guy he really liked was Brandon Marshall. Mayock loved his size and said he really answered questions about his speed.

He also said that the scouts around the combine had nicknamed him "Baby T.O."... :cooldude:

To some people that is not a good thing. However I know what you mean.
I seen where he is alittle over 6"4 which is impressive. What did he run at the combine?

Skeet84 said:
To some people that is not a good thing. However I know what you mean.
I seen where he is alittle over 6"4 which is impressive. What did he run at the combine?

a 4.5 flat... he is 6'4&1/2 230lbs...

FinNasty said:
a 4.5 flat... he is 6'4&1/2 230lbs...

Those are some really nice stats! Thats very impressive. I have a few questions. How good are his hands and what round is he projected to go in?

Skeet84 said:
Those are some really nice stats! Thats very impressive. I have a few questions. How good are his hands and what round is he projected to go in?

His hands are very good. UCF had another stud receiver(Walker) so his stats arnt gaudy, but when Walker got injured, and Marshall was the main man... he put up 210 receiving yards and 3 TDs in the Aloha Bowl... He also had 100+ yards and a TD in the Hula Bowl (Thats right... the lucky b*st*rd got to play twice in Hawaii this year)

He is very solid hands. His route running is the best part of his game, because his cuts and hips are extremely quick for his size...

He was projected to go in the 6th-7th before the combine because he was expected to run in the 4.6-4.7 range... but now he has probably moved up to the 4th maybe even the 3rd...

FinNasty said:
His hands are very good. UCF had another stud receiver(Walker) so his stats arnt gaudy, but when Walker got injured, and Marshall was the main man... he put up 210 receiving yards and 3 TDs in the Aloha Bowl... He also had 100+ yards and a TD in the Hula Bowl (Thats right... the lucky b*st*rd got to play twice in Hawaii this year)

He is very solid hands. His route running is the best part of his game, because his cuts and hips are extremely quick for his size...

He was projected to go in the 6th-7th before the combine because he was expected to run in the 4.6-4.7 range... but now he has probably moved up to the 4th maybe even the 3rd...

Well that might be a very Nice pick for us in the 4th round cause we really need a 3rd WR. Welker could even play in the Slot at times and that would give us a nice option in the redzone oppisite Chris Chambers

Skeet84 said:
Well that might be a very Nice pick for us in the 4th round cause we really need a 3rd WR. Welker could even play in the Slot at times and that would give us a nice option in the redzone oppisite Chris Chambers
ya... I wouldnt want to spend a 3rd on him, just because we have so many more glaring needs... but I would love to grab him in the 4th...

And ya, he is a hell of a redzone target...

FinNasty said:
ya... I wouldnt want to spend a 3rd on him, just because we have so many more glaring needs... but I would love to grab him in the 4th...

And ya, he is a hell of a redzone target...

Yeah we have alot of glaring needs and it would be nice to get him in the 4th cause that would really add alittle depth to our WR core.

Skeet84 said:
Yeah we have alot of glaring needs and it would be nice to get him in the 4th cause that would really add alittle depth to our WR core.
One of the reasons why he isnt projected to go higher... is that if you look at his carrer stats... he doesnt really have any in 2004. Thats because he was moved to safety because of a string of injuries to the defense...

And while playing safety... he led the team in tackles...

Do you guys really think he'll be there for us in the 4th? Especially after he answered the question about his speed and the way he played in the Hula Bowl against what was supposed to be better competition.

Geforce said:
Do you guys really think he'll be there for us in the 4th? Especially after he answered the question about his speed and the way he played in the Hula Bowl against what was supposed to be better competition.

I don't think so. I think he'll go no later than the 3rd, unfortunately.

Juan Cribbs said:
mike walker reminds me more of owens than marshall.
No way... Walker is way faster... and not as big...

Geforce said:
Selfishly... I hope so. I mean, I want him to go as high as possible for his sake... but I really want us to be able to get him in the 4th...
But since he had a great showing and solidified a 4.5 in his Pro Day... he might have snuck up into the 3rd... :(

Back
Top Bottom