Brandon Weeden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Weeden

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm watching Baylor/Oklahoma St. First chance I've had to see RGIII or Justin Blackmon. RGIII looks ok, obviously mobile, good arm strength, accuracy looks pretty good, don't care for his delivery. His career numbers speak for themselves. That being said, I'm not exactly blown away by what I've seen, granted I haven't seen all that much.

Blackmon- looks pretty much like a man among boys out there, but I'd like to know how fast this guy is and see more to so I can gauge his quickness. Big dude- I'm wondering if he's more of an Anquan Boldin or Andre Johnson type. Best guess- somewhere in between. A stud nonetheless.

But the player who really caught my eye is Brandon Weeden. Good size, quick delivery, looks spot on accurate, and he just seems to be in control out there. My first impression is that this guy looks heady out there, checking down his receivers, reading defenses. This guy, from what I've seen, throws a nice ball for sure. Extremely accurate. I'll be keeping an eye on him the rest of the year. Granted I've only seen these guys play for a bit and RGIII's career stats are through the roof (Weeden put up some pretty darned good numbers last year as well) but based on what little I've seen and projecting them to the pro game I'd take a long, hard look at Weeden. Not sure how high, but I will say this- if Luck is gone when we pick I think that an Oklahoma St. combo with Blackmon in the 1st rd (assuming he comes out) and Weedon in the 2nd would be just fine with me.

p.s. I'm also keeping an eye on another guy, Peter Konz , Center from Wisonsin. Obvioulsly we have Pouncy at Center and he's doing very well. But we do need a Guard and I'm very, very impressed with this Konz guy. If he made it to the 2nd round I'd probably be all over him like white on rice, the Blackmon/Weeden combo aside. Part of me hates to bring this up, but that guy looks so good at C that I wonder if we got him do you move Pouncy to Guard. Might make sense but it makes me cringe because we finally have a good Center. Maybe Konz slides to Guard, I don't know. Bottom line, dude looks like a stud.

Given Weeden's advanced age, maybe this for the first four picks:

Rd. 1 Justin Blackmon
Rd. 2 Peter Konz
Rd. 3 Brandon Weeden
Rd. 4 TY Hilton

I could live with that. Then again, I'm still shocked that John Clay and Mario Harvey weren't drafted this year. Shows what I know.

I think Weeden is easily the 2nd best QB in this draft. I really like Barkley as well though, and would take him if he was available. If somehow we pulled enough wins out of our *** to miss out on Luck and Barkley, I'd have no problems with Blackmon in round 1 and Weeden in round 2. Not a fan of Landry Jones.

Well, you have a good eye. I've been singing Weeden's praises since December of last year. He's a fantastic QB prospect.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

You also see why I have been waving the caution flag on RG3 for the last month.

Well, you have a good eye. I've been singing Weeden's praises since December of last year. He's a fantastic QB prospect.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

You also see why I have been waving the caution flag on RG3 for the last month.

Good points, I agree with you on both counts. My opinion is tempered because I'm just seeing both of them for the first time. One thing that I didn't realize and just found out is that Weeden is 28. Not sure how deeply that effects his draft status, but it's got to be factored in. Based on what I've seen I'd still draft him, with the added benefit that he's a mature guy, and hope to get 10 years out of him. Maybe the age knocks him down a round or two, I don't know.

the age will effect weeden come draft day...late 1st maybe for some team that comes up to get him...some team that has a higher grade on him than barkley or jones...which in jones case may not be hard to come by...jones is chad henne all over again...

how anyone takes any of these guys over barkley is beyond me though...

i'm tellin ya...if we miss on luck and we end up going with the big damn arm landry jones over matt barkley should he come out i'm turning in my miami dolphins fan card...

i just can't handle this anymore...this kids the spitting image of chad henne on tape...i love a big arm but i've learned my lesson...i will lose it if we take jones...someones gonna take him high cause of his measurables and physical abilities and they will regret it...it better not be us

and jim...you like peter konz...take a look at his rose bowl game tape last year against tcu...he was fantastic in that game...i went into it wanting to key carimi and moffitt and this kid stole the show

and jim...you like peter konz...take a look at his rose bowl game tape last year against tcu...he was fantastic in that game...i went into it wanting to key carimi and moffitt and this kid stole the show

I keyed on Carimi last year against Ohio St. and just became fixated on him. I hadn't even heard of Konz at that point, which kind of surprises me in retrospect. I kind of liked the Wisconsin QB last year, too. Not a huge arm but he wasn't bad. Looking forward to seeing Barkley tonight- heard much, don't know much.

I knew the age argument would creep regarding Weeden like it did w/ Beck. Dare I say age is just a number?

The interior of the Cowboys OL has really been impressive.

If Weeden was the usual age of a prospect, where do you guys think he'd be rated? ahead of barkley and jones or still behind?

Awful lot of bad mouthing going on about a guy that has 500+ yards and 5 TDs against a Top 10 ranked team. Yeesh.

i'm tellin ya...if we miss on luck and we end up going with the big damn arm landry jones over matt barkley should he come out i'm turning in my miami dolphins fan card...

i just can't handle this anymore...this kids the spitting image of chad henne on tape...i love a big arm but i've learned my lesson...i will lose it if we take jones...someones gonna take him high cause of his measurables and physical abilities and they will regret it...it better not be us

OU QB's rarely do well at the next level. The jury IMO is still out on Bradford but he may be the exception to the rule.

I like Weeden a lot, but he has some serious red flags besides his age. Mainly the shoulder injury that ended his baseball career.

Back
Top Bottom