Brandon Weeden | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Weeden

Yup, Staubach is another good comparison, though I haven't used it much because I thought more modern examples (Kurt Warner, Jim Kelly, etc) would ring with people more.

There's also Warren Moon.

Weeden throws a beautiful ball....right on the mark. I would also love their WR (Blackmon). I am watching him carve up the Iowa State Cyclones.

Interesting game. Cyclones are trying their damnedest to have this be a trap game. Would love to know ISU's time of possession. Ito has to be high.

Interesting game. Cyclones are trying their damnedest to have this be a trap game. Would love to know ISU's time of possession. Ito has to be high.

Yeah, Weeden just threw the pick off of the tipped ball at LOS. Very good first half for him, very quiet 3rd quarter. 12:30 to go in 4th quarter now, ISU down by 7, they're putting up quite the fight. Time for Weeden/OSU to step up and put them away. OSU starting from about their 7 yard line, we'll see what Weeden can do.

How'd you like that 3rd down throw to Blackmon? Wow... BTW I like this RT Levy Ad****- dumb personal foul, but this guy looks like a straight up mauler.

Weeden and Oklahoma State remind me of Tom Brady and the Patriots. They run a fast hurry up offense which makes it tough on the defenders. Like Brady, Weeden doesn't really run around much and he kind of stands flat footed and looks for the open receiver and if one guy is covered he looks to the other receivers. Weeden appears to have ok mobility but he mainly throws from a set position and not on the run which I think is a good thing. Well looks like ISU tied it up. Lets see what Weeden can do under pressure.

Weeden and Oklahoma State remind me of Tom Brady and the Patriots. They run a fast hurry up offense which makes it tough on the defenders. Like Brady, Weeden doesn't really run around much and he kind of stands flat footed and looks for the open receiver and if one guy is covered he looks to the other receivers. Weeden appears to have ok mobility but he mainly throws from a set position and not on the run which I think is a good thing. Well looks like ISU tied it up. Lets see what Weeden can do under pressure.

Funny, I was thinking a similar thing ie Weeden/Brady. Set back and fire, not much the defense can do when he's on. The thought that came to mind was Brady in the 1st game of the year- unstoppable. The short TD pass to Welker stuck ot- unstoppable, just too good. Tie score now, 5 minutes left, I'm very interested to see how Weeden handles himself here.

What a pick, OSU in FG range.

Funny, I was thinking a similar thing ie Weeden/Brady. Set back and fire, not much the defense can do when he's on. The thought that came to mind was Brady in the 1st game of the year- unstoppable. The short TD pass to Welker stuck ot- unstoppable, just too good. Tie score now, 5 minutes left, I'm very interested to see how Weeden handles himself here.

What a pick, OSU in FG range.

Great game!!! Going to OT. If we could somehow get Weeden and Blackmon we would be sick, but I know they are both early first rounders. If Luck and Barkley are gone, I could live with Weeden even if he is 28 years old. I love his poise out there.

Weeden throws a beautiful ball....right on the mark. I would also love their WR (Blackmon). I am watching him carve up the Iowa State Cyclones.
Carve up Iowa State? Really? yeah he's got around 100 yards or so,but that ISU CB has blanketed him throughout this game pretty well.

Carve up Iowa State? Really? yeah he's got around 100 yards or so,but that ISU CB has blanketed him throughout this game pretty well.

Dude, he's got 476 yards. Ohhh wait, you're talking about Blackmon right?

Two picked off passes that were barely tipped at the line of scrimmage. This game had the look of fate.

Finished 42 of 58 for 476 yards, 3 TDs and 3 INTs.

Blackmon had 10 catches for 99 yards and a TD. No shame in his game tonight. Leonard Johnson had a good night because of the two picks but it's well to remember the second pick wouldn't have been a pick if that ball hadn't been tipped at the line. Weeden throws that ball hot and outside, but it gets barely brushed by a DL and comes in duckish and inside, easy to pick off in tight man coverage.

Great game!!! Going to OT. If we could somehow get Weeden and Blackmon we would be sick, but I know they are both early first rounders. If Luck and Barkley are gone, I could live with Weeden even if he is 28 years old. I love his poise out there.
T

That was an awfully quiet 2nd half for a guy who threw for almost 500 yards. You have to applaud Iowa St., especially that CB who was on Blackmon- Jimmy Rogers or something like that- and the young ISU QB had a heck of a game. Despite the big numbers, I wouldn't say that Weeden helped himself tonight- didn't really step up to the plate in the 2nd half/late in the game imo. He was good, don't get me wrong, bu tmaybe I'm expecting too much out of him now. Bad luck on that late 4th qtr 3rd down pass before the miseed FG, they just missed a 1st down that would have let them run the clock down and kick a chip shot, or at least a good chance of that. Bad luck on the 2nd pick, too- I missed the first one.

Blackmon- kind of disappeared in the 2nd half, didn't help himself. Liked what I saw of RT Levy Ad****.

With any luck this game helps temper down Weeden enthusiasm a bit- not to be a hypocrite. Bottom line- I'd love to get him, Blackmon/Weeden fine with me. And I really wouldn't mind Ad**** in the 3rd, or maybe the Wisconsin Guard, I think his name is Kevin Zeitzer.

I'd still take Weeden. Every QB playing the game loses games,even the elite ones. If no Luck or Barkley(not sold on Landry),i'd take Weeden next,if we can't get him,then i'd take Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom