Braylon Edwards @ #2… | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards @ #2…

Dr.Rad said:
I watched "Favre 4 Ever" on NFL Network, (huge show by the way) I think he was a 2nd rounder. As for Palmer, the jury is still out on him.

Not to mention drafted by Atlanta

Da 'Fins said:
I would have no problem with Braylon Edwards. He is "arguably" the best player - but he may not be, also. There is no doubt, also, in my mind that WR is almost as much a need position as RB. I just don't see Booker scaring people. At some point in the 1st 4 rounds, we have to go WR and RB, imo.

Ultimately, I think Saban will ask that question - who is the best player for us? Whomever Saban picks, I'll be satisfied with his expertise. He is the 'anti-Dave' with that.

If he thinks Ronnie Brown or another player is better and chooses them, I'll be fine with that.
Da'Fins, where you from mate?? Nice signature, another good win last night keeps us on top of Group 6!

Cheers

Paul

OK this may be a stupid question, but one I would love to ask Linehan...If Braylon Edwards lives up to the hype, who would rather have?

Randy Moss and Nate Burlson, or Chris Chambers and Braylon Edwards ...

DonShula84 said:
Edwards = David Terrell

That's like saying Ricky Williams = Cedric Benson...

I'd also consider Mike Williams; That dude has some incredible hands and seems to catch the ball effortlessly.

Maybe he would be a good pickup at #2. If we could definitely get McPherson with a 3rd round pick, I would be happy. I worry that Arizona may try to get him earlier though. I am also a little concerned about the RB situation. We did not get a real good look at Gordon last year, so he is an unknown factor right now.

RickyW...loser said:
I'm with ya if we still had #13, but we don't. AJ sucks!!!

AJ never had a chance with our turn-style offensive line and lack of running game.

svnrdr said:
OK, hear me out…arguably; he is the best player in the draft. Scott Linehan’s offense seems to be a pass to set up the run system. Yes, he had Randy Moss, but imagine us with Chambers and Edwards lined up on each side.

IMO, our running game with a decent back, not great back would prosper from the passing game…That combined with Hudson Houck’s offensive line prowess that could be the building of a formidable offense for years to come.
There is a very good argument for Edwards being the best player in the draft. I'm glad I am not Saban trying to decide who to pick at #2. There are so many great options. To make a truly educated decision, you have to factor in what MAY happen before the draft. Ricky coming back (please don't kill me for that) Boston re-signed, and who knows what else. For instance, if Ricky and Boston come back, we could go elsewhere like trading down if that's possible and picking up a DL or OL along with a quality RB or WR. I wouldn't balk at picking Edwards if we don't get Boston back but I think there is too much uncertainty at RB for us to pass on Benson/Caddy/Brown. Plus we already have 3 quality receivers. Then, of course, there's the question of Boston's health if we re-sign him and if something does go wrong with him, Edwards would make losing Boston almost a non-issue. I feel comfortable enough with Feeley showing promise last season that a QB in my opinion is not as much of a need as RB but about equal to our need for a WR. It would be great to have a future Peyton Manning to groom (I won't dare say Marino because there is NO equal) but the RB and O-Line play must improve for that to work out. I could go on forever with different scenarios but the bottom line is that there is no wrong answer. We just need see what happens during the time leading up to the draft.

Back
Top Bottom