Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

OneHondo said:
Its JMO but a Bentley is kind of conservative, he could have been a lot more extravagant. I don't see the big deal, he has had his college career and is now going to a job, a career that will make him wealthy. I am sure I would react the same way if I was in his shoes but I might have chosen a Lamborghini Countach, Porsche or a Ferrari. I am not a big Braylon Edwards fan and haven't been pushing his selection on this board but I don't see this as an negative indication of his character.
for real, he should have gotten the new royce phantom.....nows thats a car

tucker said:
that truely is a lame excuse on your part...so i guess lebron james, kellen winslow, mike vick, pac man are the same then too...your arguement along with the thread starter are quite stupid..

How many of them bought a $150,000 car this close to their draft? Did they even have $150,000 cars in Winslow's day?

Jimmy James said:
How many of them bought a $150,000 car this close to their draft? Did they even have $150,000 cars in Winslow's day?
are u kidding me...winslow was drafted last year buddy...vick dropped like 200,000 a few weeks before the draft and pac man bought a damn $90,000 bracelet with nothing but platinum and diamonds on it...so bash them too

HVACservice said:
The NFL disagrees with you. And the Appeals court did as well.

The guy jumped the gun looking for a "pay day".

The entire thread was a stab at Braylon for buying an expensive car. The next sentence is "Mike Williams would not be such a cancer...blah blah blah". I did not bring Mike Williams into this. The original poster did.

He didnt jump the gun, everyone thought he was eligible. As for that crap about a stab at Braylon for buying an expensive car I keep telling you the car doesnt matter. It is just yet another point that is starting to lead me to think this guy isnt what they make him out to be on his NFL Draft Diaries. The whole point was to say that I would rather Mike Williams instead of Braylon Edwards because of these questions I had about him. Just because you are his number 1 fan doesnt mean everyone else has to be.

fantasticfins said:
Hello.... there are about 3 or 4 teams trying to trade up in the draft the get this guy... HE HAS ALREADY MADE IT!!!!

Please tell me how talking about how you look, and being confident about your skills, mean that he is going to be a locker room cancer. Coaches LOVE when the player is confident. If a player said "well, I think I can do good in the NFL." how would that make him look?

It's all relative. Braylon will be making more than 3 times as much as Parrish.

Every pick is a risk. And the fact that Mike Williams tried to come out early and go to the NFL says that he felt that he shouldn't have to obey the rules setup by the NFL.At least with your line of thinking thats what it says.

The fact of the matter is, that in less than 48 hrs Braylon will be able to buy 100 of those cars, and pay cash. So F-ing what, if he wanted a little early reward.

Every pick is a risk but some are more than others. Coaches love when a player is confident but not ****y.

Think of it this way. If a player thinks he is already top of his game his work ethic suffers. In the end that is what kills a player. That is why some make it and some dont.

HVACservice said:
Mike Williams is a great football player.

But thats not what this thread was about......

This thread is about Edwards perhaps jumping the gun and buying the car of his choice...wonderful for him. It just goes in conjunction with his arrogance and i used the fact that Mike Williams who Edwards is being compared is very humble to emphasize the difference. The post was on target. I know youre an Edwards fan but relax were all entitled to our opinions. Next time try to understand whats written before you criticize.

tucker said:
are u kidding me...winslow was drafted last year buddy...vick dropped like 200,000 a few weeks before the draft and pac man bought a damn $90,000 bracelet with nothing but platinum and diamonds on it...so bash them too

Try 1979 for Kellen. His "soldier" of a son is Jr.

I don't like what I'm hearing about Jr. or Pac Man. They're similar players to Edwards doing similar things. Boo to them. I can distinguish Vick like I did James -- there are players so special that you overlook their bad conduct. I'm also not convinced a purchase weeks before the draft could be calculated for publicity like this appears to be. It's a tough analysis I'm engaging in, but that is absolutely my right.

PhinsPhan said:
Just because you are his number 1 fan doesnt mean everyone else has to be.

You started the Braylon Edwards thread......

Not me.:wink:

tucker said:

:roflmao:

HVACservice said:
You started the Braylon Edwards thread......

Not me.:wink:

I just want you to realize that the point of my argument was not merely based on the fact that he bought a bentley but that he bought a bentley made some arrogant comments. Wilbon and Kornheiser said he has even made comments on how good he looks. If he does this stuff before the draft were he is under the most criticism then what does he do after he gets his signing bonus. Add the Mich. WR factor and then that is when I start wondering why take this guy instead of Mike Williams.

Now I will say Braylon Edwards could still turn out to be a good player. He could even turn out to be a Hall of Famer. And our team could even draft him. I am just starting to wonder about this guy for the points said above.

And Tucker you might as well change you name. There is no way you can live that down.

Jimmy James said:
Try 1979 for Kellen. His "soldier" of a son is Jr.

I don't like what I'm hearing about Jr. or Pac Man. They're similar players to Edwards doing similar things. Boo to them. I can distinguish Vick like I did James -- there are players so special that you overlook their bad conduct.
this right here is where u lose your argument...

PhinsPhan said:
And Tucker you might as well change you name. There is no way you can live that down.

Shhh i think he honestly believes the original Winslow was drafted last year. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom