Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

Jimmy James said:
Mike is guilty of getting inadequate or legal advice and trusting the decision of a United States District Court. At worst, he's guilty of ignoring good legal advice he got. If a District Court Judge who has a lifetime appointment for her ability to interpret our laws gets this wrong, it's hard to be too tough on an average Joe for getting it wrong, too.

Like I said....

Its Hypocritical to bash Braylon for buying a Bentley.......

While supporting Mike Williams decision to challenge the NFL in court.

You can not have it both ways.

HVACservice said:
Like I said....

Its Hypocritical to bash Braylon for buying a Bentley.......

While supporting Mike Williams decision to challenge the NFL in court.

You can not have it both ways.

No, it isn't hypocritical at all. I'm not critical of either player's ability to make money. I am critical of the boneheaded decision to attract attention by purchasing this car he could have bought a few days later. If Mike Williams buys a Rolls Royce tomorrow, I am made aware of it, and I attempt to say there is a difference, that would be hypocricy.

Jimmy James said:
No, it isn't hypocritical at all. I'm not critical of either player's ability to make money. I am critical of the boneheaded decision to attract attention by purchasing this car he could have bought a few days later. If Mike Williams buys a Rolls Royce tomorrow, I am made aware of it, and I attempt to say there is a difference, that would be hypocricy.

How about the boneheaded decision to declare for the NFL draft?

In order to get "Bentley Money"........

Its the same thing.

You may not admit it......

But its the same mentality.

You are bashing Braylon over a financial issue....

And at the same time letting Williams slide.

You cant have it both ways.

HVACservice said:
How about the boneheaded decision to declare for the NFL draft?

In order to get "Bentley Money"........

Its the same thing.

You may not admit it......

But its the same mentality.

You are bashing Braylon over a financial issue....

And at the same time letting Williams slide.

You cant have it both ways.
Again, I AM NOT BASHING BRAYLON OVER A FINANCIAL ISSUE. First of all, I'm dinging him, not bashing him. I think I made an admission that this doesn't have to do with his play several pages back. Second, it is about the decision and what it says, not the use of the money. The Edwards decision says, "Look at me! I need even more attention on me than the other players situated similarly to me in this draft!" I don't like it. The Williams decision says to me he chose wrong given a very difficult choice. It is unclear at best whether Mike could have entered the draft *and* maintained his eligibility to play college football. If he attended classes in the spring semester and didn't hire an agent, the NCAA may have been more forgiving. That would have also probably ruined his effort to become a pro because he would have been alone in not having professional assitance and wouldn't have been able to give his complete attention to the process he got a late start in due to the timing of the trial court decision. You're trying to read in some negative motive to turning pro that I'm not willing to read into it. He chose wrong in hindsight. You can argue that was foreseeable since the NFL advised him they were going to win on appeal, but a freaking JUDGE would have disagreed with that. I have nothing but sympathy for Mike over that whole event.

mistergreens said:
Give it up Jimmy, you won't get out of this one.

I'm not trying to "get out" of anything. The last time I checked, I am entitled to my own opinion. Now, if that has changed and you have gained that right, SUE ME.

*gasp* How dare he!!!!!!! *grabs pitchfork*

I propose genocide to whoever buys a nice car pre NFL Draft. :chair: :samurai: :zerosix: :jawdrop:

Now who's with me!!!

Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:horsey:

Jimmy James said:
You're trying to read in some negative motive to turning pro that I'm not willing to read into it.

Your trying to read some negative motive into buying a fancy car.

You are grasping at anything to knock Edwards.

"He bought a Bentley two days before the draft".

Yes he did.

Legally.

So what?

He busted his a$$ at the University of Michigan on and off the field for the last four years.

Some how in your eyes.......

Mike Williams gets a pass for the same sort of materialistic decision that he made.

Its hypocritical.

kizzaboo said:
*gasp* How dare he!!!!!!! *grabs pitchfork*

I propose genocide to whoever buys a nice car pre NFL Draft. :chair: :samurai: :zerosix: :jawdrop:

Now who's with me!!!

Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:horsey:

Genocide means: The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

You can group the nice car buyers together, but it's still a huge stretch to use that word. How about just plain homicide?

:)

HVACservice said:
Your trying to read some negative motive into buying a fancy car.

You are grasping at anything to knock Edwards.

"He bought a Bentley two days before the draft".

Yes he did.

Legally.

So what?

He busted his a$$ at the University of Michigan on and off the field for the last four years.

Some how in your eyes.......

Mike Williams gets a pass for the same sort of materialistic decision that he made.

Its hypocritical.

You're still not getting it: BRAYLON EDWARDS CAN BUY A CAR DEALERSHIP OR A ROCKET SHIP FOR ALL I CARE WITH HIS MONEY ONCE HE IS DRAFTED

You are calling this hypocricy when frankly your stance that these are the same thing is the hypocritical position. What if Braylon blows out his knee tomorrow and ruins any chance he ever has at a football career? How is he paying for that Bentley? Ironically, Mike Williams serves as the cautionary tale here because he thought he was going into the draft and ended getting screwed up because of the actions he took.

Is my position formalistic and therefore a bit unrealistic? You're welcome to take a position there. It's fine with me. The difference in my book is that once he is drafted, he is basically slotted in for a certain salary. I imagine there are insurance implications should he choose to take out some sort of policy, too.

Jimmy James said:
You're still not getting it: BRAYLON EDWARDS CAN BUY A CAR DEALERSHIP OR A ROCKET SHIP FOR ALL I CARE WITH HIS MONEY ONCE HE IS DRAFTED.

I U N D E R S T A N D what you are trying to convey.

And Mike Williams can buy a rocket ship ......

ONCE HE IS ACTUALLY ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT.

They both made a decision that was based on desire and greed.

Just dont chastise Braylon for it while giving Mike Williams a pass.

Thats Hypocritical.

(in my book)

Either way.....

We can agree that we disagree......

and leave it at that.

Jimmy James said:
Genocide means: The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

You can group the nice car buyers together, but it's still a huge stretch to use that word. How about just plain homicide?

:)

Okay you creapy *******. You are overreacting just a tad dont you think?

kizzaboo said:
Okay you creapy *******. You are overreacting just a tad dont you think?

What, about genocide? I don't think you can overreact about genocide. It's pretty much one of the most terrible things in the world.

Oh, you mean about Braylon? Yeah, I have kind of made the admission you're looking for on around page 2. We're sparring here. Pay us no mind.

HVACservice said:
They both made a decision that was based on desire and greed.

That's the premise I indicated I would not accept. It's like saying a rapist and a woman who remained a virgin until her wedding night are both acting on desire. Mike Williams acted to join the workforce for the job he is best qualified for. Braylon Edwards acted in a manner I interpret as being designed to provoke the press coverage he is getting to direct attention to himself when he should have waited to buy the car. I gather my opinion is controversial, and that's fine with me. I'm perfectly happy to part ways on that note.

Back
Top Bottom