Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

Spegg said:
Westbrook didn't go to Michigan

I never said he did. But Westbrook acted like Braylon is starting to and look how he turned out. It was one example that came to mind.

HVACservice said:
Mike Williams threw his hat into the ring with Maurice Clarrett and tried to circumvent the entire draft process to simply get a "pay day".

Braylon Edwards turned down millions to return for his Senior year.

Besides that.....I see your point. :shakeno:

What a joke. Braylon never needed to go to the NFL because he already came from a family that was well off. Plus Braylon is going to make more money by staying in college another year. Last year he would have been taken after Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Reggie Williams and Michael Clayton. He could have even been taken after that. For him the better career move was to stay in college another year.

I am not going to call Leinhart a less selfish player because he returned to college for an extra year when he would probably be smarter to go straight to the NFL. He still can get injured in college and why risk it when you are going number 1.

Mike Williams was neck and neck with Larry Fitzgerald on last years big boards and you are telling me that he was selfish to go straight to the NFL. He would have likely been a top 7 pick.

I also think you are missing the point on the Bentley. Buying the Bentley is not the issue. The issue is if Braylon Edwards thinks his job is done before he has even played 1 snap in the NFL or Training Camp. I am not saying this defines who Braylon is. But if Mike Williams is arguably just as good or better than Braylon than I would rather not take the chance on Edwards.

Jimmy James said:
Again, you're trying to compare this to a performance and reward situation. This is reward before performance. That's what rubs me the wrong way here.
I wouldn't get too hung up on this. This is the norm anymore. This is the golden age of credit purchases. Without a doubt Edwards has been assured he'll be drafted high, so why wouldn't he step into the world of consumerism and make a big purchase on credit. It's the American way JJ:D

late again said:
I wouldn't get too hung up on this. This is the norm anymore. This is the golden age of credit purchases. Without a doubt Edwards has been assured he'll be drafted high, so why wouldn't he step into the world of consumerism and make a big purchase on credit. It's the American way JJ:D

No -- it's not just credit. If he wants to go celebrate his selection Saturday by buying a car, that's credit and is fine with me. That's what really rubs me the wrong way -- he can't even keep his pants on long enough to get picked before he starts up.

Jimmy James said:
Again, you're trying to compare this to a performance and reward situation. This is reward before performance. That's what rubs me the wrong way here.

Braylon could rescue a little old lady from a burning house and it would "rub you the wrong way".

You simply do not like Edwards.

Its not a secret.

HVACservice said:
Braylon could rescue a little old lady from a burning house and it would "rub you the wrong way".

You simply do not like Edwards.

Its not a secret.

Actually, it's the people on this board all up everybody's butt about Edwards that really have me riled up. You wouldn't know any of those, would you? :rolleyes2

Have you read some of the crap flowing today? I have already heard that WR is just such a great pick so high when virtually no receiver taken in the top 5 has achieved elite status. I have also heard he's a lock for 1500+ yard seasons when it takes the likes of Marvin Harrison in the explosive Peyton Manning led offense to get more than one of those.

Didnt Edwards give an interview the other day on ESPN in which he was asked what was going to be the first thing he did with the money he was going to get? He hesitated a few seconds and though about his answer and then replied...."probably take care of my parents... get them a dog or something. Or maybe a house close to where ever I'm playing".
In a few days he is going to be guaranteed MILLIONS, he gets himself a Bentley, and he intends to buy his Mom and Dad a dog? :shakeno:

That said, so what if he's selfish. That doesnt mean he will be a "bust" as a player.

Don't want to draft him but his purchasing a car has no effect on him and no bearing on his character.

I would have already bought a house and a bentley. I watched every one of his games at michigan and i have never him take plays off. But i have seen him spark a team and play his as off untill they came back to win games

Don't you think that when he finds out where he is playing that he could buy that house to?

Jimmy James said:
Actually, it's the people on this board all up everybody's butt about Edwards that really have me riled up. You wouldn't know any of those, would you? :rolleyes2

Ive been touting Braylon for the better part of a year.

Back when it was a complete "long shot" that we would take him.

As the months and NCAA games rolled on, the momentum of his selection picked up steam.

I was here the entire time......

Now that there is atleast a 50/50 chance that it will come to fruition ...

I could not be happier......

What am I suppose to do?

Stop "bandwagoning" him 48 hours before the draft?

His heart isn't as questionable as the fact that a WR in the top 5 should have doubtless hands and blazing speed. Both of which he lacks. NO TO BRAYLON PLEASE!!!

HVACservice said:
Ive been touting Braylon for the better part of a year.

Back when it was a complete "long shot" that we would take him.

As the months and NCAA games rolled on, the momentum of his selection picked up steam.

I was here the entire time......

Now that there is atleast a 50/50 chance that it will come to fruition ...

I could not be happier......

What am I suppose to do?

Stop "bandwagoning" him 48 hours before the draft?
I'm not saying you're the problem, but you have some people with you on that bandwagon who are saying things stupid enough that they have actually soured me on your dude.

Jimmy James said:
I'm not saying you're the problem, but you have some people with you on that bandwagon who are saying things stupid enough that they have actually soured me on your dude.

Fair enough......

Jimmy James said:
Uhhhhhh...let's see if you get this if we spell it out:

YOU got a JOB THEN bought a CAR

HE bought a CAR and will THEN get a JOB

I think we ALL know every first rounder is buying a $50,000+ car. The issue is that he's putting the cart before the horse. As somebody mentioned, LeBron did the same thing. That's fine for a talent like LeBron. Braylon Edwards is NO LeBron.

Yeah, you never know, I mean the guy might not be drafted, right? What a silly post. More power to him. This is America, land of capitalism. You are just jealous that you aren't buying the Bentley. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom