Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

PhinsPhan said:
The point is why risk your best pick overall when there is Mike Williams who may even be better but is less of a risk and has no cancerous or narcissitic traits.

Mike Williams threw his hat into the ring with Maurice Clarrett and tried to circumvent the entire draft process to simply get a "pay day".

Braylon Edwards turned down millions to return for his Senior year.

Besides that.....I see your point. :shakeno:

We all would do the same damn thing. Gee, here's 15 million dollars. I actually shouldn't talk. I buy everything like I have 15 million, I don't.

have u guys watched wolverines games this year. edwards was amazing especially did great his last year with a freshman qb. he made so many great grabs. watch his game. who cares what he buys before or after the draft.

Hardly surprising. I saw Edwards on Best Damn Sports Show last week and was not impressed at all. He sounded like the type who knew he was supposed to say team oriented stuff, but deep down it was really me, myself and I. Maybe because I'm older, early 40s, but the prominent earrings and flashy clothes just strike me as someone who doesn't fit the mold I've been desperate for the Dolphins to return to, the blue collar one-for-all mentality of the glory '70s. I'm a little bit more willing to forgive at the primmadonna WR position. But then I saw Mike Williams interviewed on ESPN. He came across 5 times as mature and level headed and articulate as Braylon Edwards. An easy choice.

The difference? Mike Williams has gone through an adverse year now full of disappointment. I don't know how mature he was last year, but that year may have been invaluable if he did have a bit of an attitude problem before that...

the person who started this thread is a fool...i guess pac man joes is gonna be a bust too b/c he spent $90,000 on an iced out platinum bracelet.... give me a break:rolleyes:

Shifty187 said:
Whats wrong with buying a Bent when you know that your pretty much a lock to be a top 3 pick in the NFL draft?

If McPherson had done this it would be worth mentioning!

AD has 2 mercedes and a Hummer already. now i dont know if he is renting them or not, but thats what he has.

This has to be the ABSOLUTELY weakest excuse for calling someone a bust that I have ever heard.

:shakeno:

I'm sincerely amazed at some people's (over)reaction to this bit of news.
Most young single guys, the minute they can afford a new car are at the dealership of their choice and price range. If you secure a job that pays $50,000 you might go look at the new mustangs. If the new job is closer to $100,000 I would think a Mercedes or Lexus dealership. 10 mil, and a Bentley seems in order.
As for buying before you've earned it...How many of us have a mortgage on our house?
If I waited until I'd earned the money to buy it outright, my kids would be living in a tent all through their school years.
One more thing; I don't understand how buying an expensive car on credit, makes a guy a potential locker room cancer. Jealousy is an ugly trait, folks.

PhinsPhan said:
I was all for this guy. Now he is making bold comments, being quite arrogant and bought himself a 150,000 dollar bentley. Now I am having second thoughts. I was syaing that just because you are a Wide Receiver from Michigan doesnt mean you are going to be a bust but now from the way this guy is acting I am starting to think maybe it does mean he is going to be a bust. He is acting eerily similar to Michael Westbrook, David Terrell, Desmond Howard. So on and so on.

I just wish Mike Williams held the same draft value for trade purposes.

Westbrook didn't go to Michigan

PHINPHOURLIFE said:
AGREED! WHO GIVES A SH*T ABOUT WHAT HE BUYS, IF THE GUY OUT PERFORMS ARE EXPECTATIONS I HOPE HE BUYS ANOTHER ONE

Again, you're trying to compare this to a performance and reward situation. This is reward before performance. That's what rubs me the wrong way here.

Awsi Dooger said:
Hardly surprising. I saw Edwards on Best Damn Sports Show last week and was not impressed at all. He sounded like the type who knew he was supposed to say team oriented stuff, but deep down it was really me, myself and I. Maybe because I'm older, early 40s, but the prominent earrings and flashy clothes just strike me as someone who doesn't fit the mold I've been desperate for the Dolphins to return to, the blue collar one-for-all mentality of the glory '70s. I'm a little bit more willing to forgive at the primmadonna WR position. But then I saw Mike Williams interviewed on ESPN. He came across 5 times as mature and level headed and articulate as Braylon Edwards. An easy choice.

Thank you.

This is all I am trying to say. What Braylon says may sound good but to me it almost seems put on. Mike Williams seems much better.

Back
Top Bottom