Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards already bought a Bentley?

LtDan662002 said:
He laid huge numbers on my Buckeyes 3 years running. That shows that he shows up in the "big games" and that would be a bonus!!

NOTE: LeBron got a Hummer before getting out of high school. Is he a bust too for doing that???.....hmmmmmm.....NO!!!
Unlike LeBron, Edwards did it legally.

mistergreens said:
Yeah, you never know, I mean the guy might not be drafted, right? What a silly post. More power to him. This is America, land of capitalism. You are just jealous that you aren't buying the Bentley. Get over it.

I assure you that my taste in cars is such that I'm not in any way jealous of a Bentley. I'd prefer a Hummer, and I hate those stupid looking trucks. Anyway, you're way friggin late to the party, buddy. My statements have been clearly explained as being spurred by some on the Edwards bandwagon.

I saw an Edwards interview on the NFL Network the other day and he actually impressed me a bit. And that is saying alot since I've been one of the more vocal people against him. He was talking about when he is working out he is always thinking of Jerry Rice and how Rice wouldnt be tired yet, or Rice wouldnt take the day off etc etc. Him waiting until after the draft to buy a Bentley would have been nice, it shows he isnt the most humble guy but I dont really blame him.

Jimmy James said:
Uhhhhhh...let's see if you get this if we spell it out:

YOU got a JOB THEN bought a CAR

HE bought a CAR and will THEN get a JOB

I think we ALL know every first rounder is buying a $50,000+ car. The issue is that he's putting the cart before the horse. As somebody mentioned, LeBron did the same thing. That's fine for a talent like LeBron. Braylon Edwards is NO LeBron.

Sure he is a lock to be a top 10 pick, he can ride a scooter until a team picks him LOL!

eddie4fins said:
Sure he is a lock to be a top 10 pick, he can ride a scooter until a team picks him LOL!

Nobody is asking him to ride a scooter. Call me old school, but this was an unnecessary way of putting the attention on him. Wait 3 days and get it after you have the job, Braylon. It's actually smarter that way because you can probably buy it in the team colors.

Anthony3454 said:
Unlike LeBron, Edwards did it legally.

LeBrons mom got a loan for a Hummer? What is illegal there? His problem was the throwback jersey's he got as a gift, not the Hummer. Check it out!!

Come on

HVACservice said:
Mike Williams threw his hat into the ring with Maurice Clarrett and tried to circumvent the entire draft process to simply get a "pay day".

Braylon Edwards turned down millions to return for his Senior year.

Besides that.....I see your point. :shakeno:

At the time Mike Williams declared for the draft, he was eligible to do so. The guy thought he was ready for the NFL (and after seeing him play in person, I tend to agree with him). Was he looking for a payday? Sure. However, don't try to wax poetic about B.E. after he goes out and drops 200 large on a car. I think Edwards is good, but I don't see him being better than BMW (let alone being the top player in the draft). Edwards seems to have an attitude to match Randy Moss, but he isn't the same impact player that Moss is. Unlike Clarett, BMW didn't ***** and complain about the hand he was delt. He just went about his business and got ready for this weekend's draft. I'd take Williams over Edwards based on his attitude alone.

TigerNMiami said:
At the time Mike Williams declared for the draft, he was eligible to do so. The guy thought he was ready for the NFL (and after seeing him play in person, I tend to agree with him). Was he looking for a payday? Sure. However, don't try to wax poetic about B.E. after he goes out and drops 200 large on a car. I think Edwards is good, but I don't see him being better than BMW (let alone being the top player in the draft). Edwards seems to have an attitude to match Randy Moss, but he isn't the same impact player that Moss is. Unlike Clarett, BMW didn't ***** and complain about the hand he was delt. He just went about his business and got ready for this weekend's draft. I'd take Williams over Edwards based on his attitude alone.

I like Williams attitude better, and his skills better. Just my 2 cents but I would easily take Williams over Edwards.

TigerNMiami said:
At the time Mike Williams declared for the draft, he was eligible to do so.

The NFL disagrees with you. And the Appeals court did as well.

The guy jumped the gun looking for a "pay day".

TigerNMiami said:
Was he looking for a payday? Sure. However, don't try to wax poetic about B.E. after he goes out and drops 200 large on a car.

The entire thread was a stab at Braylon for buying an expensive car. The next sentence is "Mike Williams would not be such a cancer...blah blah blah". I did not bring Mike Williams into this. The original poster did.

My point is that obviously Mike Williams is motivated by MONEY just as much as anyone.

By the way if you had read any of my previous posts, Im actually a Mike Williams supporter. He is the second best player in this draft, IMO.

(unless "fishnchips" is around :))

TigerNMiami said:
Edwards seems to have an attitude to match Randy Moss, but he isn't the same impact player that Moss is.

:shakeno:

This is simply ridiculous.

Moss was arrested how many times prior to being drafted?

How many schools was Moss kicked out of?

How many times was he suspended in High School.

Braylon was never in trouble with the law.

Braylon was never forced to leave school.

Let alone three of them.

Braylon DID EVERYTHING RIGHT....... on and off the field.

If anything I would say Braylon has a little Chad Johnson in him.

(which is something I think we need)

But to compare his attitude to Moss is a joke.

You should be ashamed of yourself.:wink:

Its JMO but a Bentley is kind of conservative, he could have been a lot more extravagant. I don't see the big deal, he has had his college career and is now going to a job, a career that will make him wealthy. I am sure I would react the same way if I was in his shoes but I might have chosen a Lamborghini Countach, Porsche or a Ferrari. I am not a big Braylon Edwards fan and haven't been pushing his selection on this board but I don't see this as an negative indication of his character.

HVACservice said:
The NFL disagrees with you. And the Appeals court did as well.

The guy jumped the gun looking for a "pay day".

Mike is guilty of getting inadequate or legal advice and trusting the decision of a United States District Court. At worst, he's guilty of ignoring good legal advice he got. If a District Court Judge who has a lifetime appointment for her ability to interpret our laws gets this wrong, it's hard to be too tough on an average Joe for getting it wrong, too.

OneHondo said:
Its JMO but a Bentley is kind of conservative, he could have been a lot more extravagant. I don't see the big deal, he has had his college career and is now going to a job, a career that will make him wealthy. I am sure I would react the same way if I was in his shoes but I might have chosen a Lamborghini Countach, Porsche or a Ferrari. I am not a big Braylon Edwards fan and haven't been pushing his selection on this board but I don't see this as an negative indication of his character.

Unless you're buying a hell of a custom Porsche, it's going to cost less than his Bentley did. I'm guessing the exotic sports car is on its way. It may be that there is a wait there that isn't there for the Volkswagen with an attitude (Bentley).

Back
Top Bottom