BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged)

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY.

Just broke..........on WQAM....Fat Hank confirmed it.

Fat Hank says the offer was made this morning.

Man, I really hope the Skins consider this. There is no way on earth the Chargers go after Ramsey with their 1st, I mean come on. Nobody can beat 20th overall, because Pittsburgh won't be dealing #11.

Let's whore their asses and take the better QB, and leave them with the 2-year plan(Brunell).

That was Jim Mandich not Hank. But yes it is true, Miami has offered there #1 to Washington for Ramsey. Whether Washington goes for it is another thing.

This is sort of a crazy idea that's one of those ideas that sound good, but never happen... but:

If the Redskins want a young QB to develop behind Brunell, but Ramsey knows he's ready now.. then it would make sense that they select a QB at #20 or trade for Henson(Brunell would then get atleast 2-years of running the show).

Originally posted by finzfan4life
That was Jim Mandich not Hank. But yes it is true, Miami has offered there #1 to Washington for Ramsey. Whether Washington goes for it is another thing.

If a story breaks on WQAM.....you can bet that Fat Hank is behind it....but yes...."technically" Mandich broke it.......

I'll take him. The guy was putting up Pro Bowl type numbers last year until he got injured and even then was doing pretty darn well. He's tough, smart, and a solid young guy with experience; you can't ask for much more than that!

I don't think this is going to happen but if it does I'll be a happy camper! The only problem with this: for the third year in a row the Miami Dolphins' draft is going to be a snooz fest. :cry: I think I can live with that for Ramsey though.
:up:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
This is sort of a crazy idea that's one of those ideas that sound good, but never happen... but:

If the Redskins want a young QB to develop behind Brunell, but Ramsey knows he's ready now.. then it would make sense that they select a QB at #20 or trade for Henson(Brunell would then get atleast 2-years of running the show).

This is a very good possibility, but is Ramsey really worth our #20? I would rather give them OGUN & use our #20 on a WR or OL.

If they dont take OGUN then I will stick to drafting Rivers or trading for Henson.

Why would we throw our 1st round pick away like this. Ramsey?????? I mean come on fellas, I hope we dont pass up on Rivers or Henson this draft. Why Why Why Why are they doing this to the fans......

What this tells me (reading between the lines) is that Miami expects to lose Wally in FA. There is no way this team has no picks until round 3 with this being Spielman's first year running the draft room.

it's great guys, come on... we get a good young QB who can start RIGHT AWAY, isnt that what everyone wanted... he showed flashes of brilliance in STEVE SPURRIERS offense with no blocking scheme, no running back. He has an incredibly low cap number for a starting QB
we can cut fiedler and griese, save a ton of mone
upgrade the offensive line in FA, maybe keep ogun

or lose ogun and get Michael Clayton in the first round
come on this is a no brainer

This is NOT a good thing IMO......ramseys stats are no better than Fiedler's.....that can be expained away by alot of things but, when you think about WHY Joe Gibbs is seemingly losing his mind and throwing away a perfectly good QB... for what? A washed up has been, as Brunell has been described by more than a few people on here.
To me, this is a big red flag.....I don't think Joe Gibbs would do something like this off the cuff.....He's got to have reasons that we don't know about.....:huh:

Last edited:
Originally posted by fins4o8

This is a very good possibility, but is Ramsey really worth our #20? I would rather give them OGUN & use our #20 on a WR or OL.

If they dont take OGUN then I will stick to drafting Rivers or trading for Henson.

Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeasse try to understand that Ogun cannot be traded; HE IS NOT UNDER CONTRACT! Beginning March 3rd, Ogunleye is free to negotiate a contract with whomever he pleases and the 'Fins simply have the right of first refusal (meaning they can match the offer) or they can let him go and receive compenstation comensurate with the amount they tender him with.

Again, OGUNLEYE CANNOT BE TRADED by the 'Fins to anyone.

Originally posted by Cover23
Why would we throw our 1st round pick away like this. Ramsey?????? I mean come on fellas, I hope we dont pass up on Rivers or Henson this draft. Why Why Why Why are they doing this to the fans......

Ramsey has proven he can hang in the NFL game.. Rivers and Henson have not.

Plus, if Miami gets a 1st and 3rd for Ogun, which seems to be the big rumor these days, they can use it to fill other pressing needs (perhaps a WR to compliment Chambers, or an OL-- Vernon Carey?)

Back
Top Bottom