BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged)

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Pay attention!!!!!!!!!

If we get Ramsey with his low cap number....we can go nuts in free agency!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if we lose Ogun)

Dolphins99Fan, you wanna ride shotgun in the Ramsey bandwagon i've been driving?

saved you a seat too section, don't worry

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
Dolphins99Fan, you wanna ride shotgun in the Ramsey bandwagon i've been driving?

saved you a seat too section, don't worry

**** yeah dude... I'm all for the Fins getting Ramsey if they can..

Hops on the Wagon.

Originally posted by Section126
Gibbs is wacked out...........

:crazy:

Something bad must have really happened in Washington between Gibbs and Ramsey. Ramsey sounds like he's in the process of packing his bags as we speak...

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

This would be a great trade for the Phins,

But Gibbs is quoted as saying Ramsey isn't going anywhere.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

:crazy:

Something bad must have really happened in Washington between Gibbs and Ramsey. Ramsey sounds like he's in the process of packing his bags as we speak...

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

I seriously doubt that. What's happening is just Joe Gibbs being Joe Gibbs. Gibbs has always liked veteran QB's and has NEVER been one to throw a young gun in there; he simply doesn't trust young QB's.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
This would be a great trade for the Phins,

But Gibbs is quoted as saying Ramsey isn't going anywhere.

He can say whatever he wants but the Foreskins are going to need draft picks if they pull this trade off and this would be a good deal for them.

It's a good move on the Dolphins part to make the offer...but, RAMSEY will not be traded.

Hopefully, the end result will be that Gibbs will back away from Brunell. According to KFFL...he is already considering DILFER and GARCIA.

Link-o-rama

Ramsey

Year G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2003 11 11 337 179 53.1 2166 6.43 64 14 9 30/206 34 3 75.8

Fiedler

Year G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
2003 12 11 314 179 57.0 2138 6.81 59 11 13 19/126 35 2 72.4

Look basically the same to me. How many games did Fiedler miss, 4? and Ramsey? And that's Ramsey's numbers in a moer pass-oriented system? Earlier I stated I'd take Ramsey any day over Fiedler but after looking closer I'm not so sure. The only advantages I see are 1) lower interceptions and 2) lower salary. BIG disadvantages: 1) new to our system 2) new to our players and needs to earn their respect to be their leader.

Who knows....

ramsey is younger than fiedler, has a better arm... those numbers arent fair to ramsey, he doesnt have the team around him that the dolphins will give him and he was getting beat up all year by steve spurriers terrible play calling and even worse blocking schemes.

furthermore, if you beleive they are equal than you should want ramsey because his low cap number enables us to go out and get several free agents to help this team win now. so it'd be a young but experienced ramsey with a much upgraded supporting cast, or fiedler with pretty much the same team and a rookie waiting to take his job.(potentially volatile situation)

we have a bagillion new coaches this offseason, even if fiedler were to return he wouldnt nkow our system.

not to mention ramsey enables us to open up our system more with the deep ball

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, sounds alot like our QB/offense situation.....so I wonder who'd improve more once we get our Offense some help in the Oline/WR dept.

I like Ramsey for the low cap hit, but like Fiedler b/c he already knows our book & players and has their respect.

Originally posted by Cover23
Why would we throw our 1st round pick away like this. Ramsey??????

I'd be willing to bet my autographed Chambers authentic jersey(btw, i'd throw in the plaque that it's in too) that you've only seen the guy play once or twice, and both times.. his o-line played worse than anybody elses.

Try comparing arm strength, durability, youth. Fact is the kids is tough and has skills that Jay doesn't posses.

Also consider that like others have said the Draft is a crap shoot. Rivers looks great on paper, but what will he do in the pro's.....If the draft was a sure thing, then we'd have Yatil Green as 1000 yd WR, with KAJ/Collins/JJJ rushing for 1000's yards and a line of Brandon Winey, Todd Wade, Eugene CHung, Grey Rugemer blocking......Not to mention a solid 3rd DB in Jamar Fletcher....

I'll take someone with some game experience over the rookie any day. Fact is Jay/Brian are all but gone and there is no one to develop. Bringing in someone like Ramsey gives you the best of both worlds a young QB who as you pointed out is the same as Jay but has room to Grow....Jay is the finished product! He has no upside! What you have seen is it!

Dolphins 17-0: We must have posted at the same time...I'm not trying to steal your thunder..We just think the same...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
ramsey is younger than fiedler, has a better arm

This kid has a ROCKET, which is why there's no reason he shouldn't be in Houston with Stevie & Yao.

Back
Top Bottom