Breaking news: Griese will start | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking news: Griese will start

Jay Fiedler is an undrafted player from an ivy league school with an average nfl arm. but, he has shown more than a few times that he has what it takes to win a game. i think, with a few breaks, the dolphins can contend for the afc championship this year, with jay at the helm.

furthermore, i want jay to be at the helm because of the guy he is. If griese is hands down the better qb for this team, then business is business. But, I'll always be a fan of jay because he plays the toughest position in sports at the highest level and not a person on this planet, other than himself, really believed he can do it.

Moreover, I think its a real shame that some dolphin fans treat this guy the way they do. Based on his heart, desire, and courage alone, the kid would have a cult following in a lot of cities.

I think the most blame should go to the offensive line.

If they were playing well Ricky would be running well which would open up endless possibilities for the offense. See last year with our 5-1 start.

Play action would be working and we wouldn't need the long ball as much. It would be nice to have though. The fact is right now we're not even running the ball effectively so nothing works well.

All that said I'm just fine with starting Griese. This O needs some kind of shot in the arm and maybe Griese's more accurate long ball could be the medicine.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
Jay Fiedler is an undrafted player from an ivy league school with an average nfl arm. but, he has shown more than a few times that he has what it takes to win a game. i think, with a few breaks, the dolphins can contend for the afc championship this year, with jay at the helm.

furthermore, i want jay to be at the helm because of the guy he is. If griese is hands down the better qb for this team, then business is business. But, I'll always be a fan of jay because he plays the toughest position in sports at the highest level and not a person on this planet, other than himself, really believed he can do it.

Moreover, I think its a real shame that some dolphin fans treat this guy the way they do. Based on his heart, desire, and courage alone, the kid would have a cult following in a lot of cities.
Again, I answer the same because no one has an answer for it...........

Jay is a proven commodity in the league and is well respected by ALL teams. In interviews all the time if asked about him NFL people have nothing but good things to say about him and his ability. His system has made molded many young players and his plays have been consistently lights out over the years.

Norv Turner is nothing more than a journeyman. He hasn't proven anything on his own merit. As a matter of fact Norv was completely given up on at one point. He was out of the league completely and NO TEAM at all even wanted to give him a shot because they had so little respect for his abillity. A close friend of Norvs had to send letters to all the NFL teams to give him a chance before anyone did. Since that time he has been erratic. Good at times and horrible others. Unlike Jay, rarely does anyone outside of the Miami organization have anything good to say about him other than he's adequate.

Oh wait a minute......... It's the other way around isn't it.....

Yeah, Norv Turner is the problem..... :rolleyes:

Ever consider that the plays called may just be resulting from the limitations of the players on the field ???

Naw.... too much thought there and that would clearly be veering some of the blame onto Fiedler. We can't have that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't fall in love with Brian Griese either. He's nothing completely special he is just capable of leading an efficient offense in a way that I do not think Jay Fiedler is capable of.

Quarterback will be the Dolphins' #1 priority next offseason, I am sure of it. If DW remains, or if he does not.

I doubt he'll make it to free agency, but if he does, I would love it if Miami went after Peyton Manning. The likes of Rich Gannon and Mark Brunell are washed up. I cant think of anyone else that would be available.

We'd have to pay through the nose to get Manning but when you have a chance to get a player of that caliber you do it. You just do it. Its not like paying through the nose for some guy like David Boston who you are not sure about because of behavior problems, and system and whatnot. You get the chance at another Dan Marino, you pull the trigger. The coaches certainly pulled the trigger to get Ricky.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Don't fall in love with Brian Griese either. He's nothing completely special he is just capable of leading an efficient offense in a way that I do not think Jay Fiedler is capable of.

Quarterback will be the Dolphins' #1 priority next offseason, I am sure of it. If DW remains, or if he does not.

I doubt he'll make it to free agency, but if he does, I would love it if Miami went after Peyton Manning. The likes of Rich Gannon and Mark Brunell are washed up. I cant think of anyone else that would be available.

We'd have to pay through the nose to get Manning but when you have a chance to get a player of that caliber you do it. You just do it. Its not like paying through the nose for some guy like David Boston who you are not sure about because of behavior problems, and system and whatnot. You get the chance at another Dan Marino, you pull the trigger. The coaches certainly pulled the trigger to get Ricky.

No doubt CK..... Griese.... as I've mentioned has many risks attatched to him as well. He is change however and change can't do much worse than were doing now unless it comes to a Ray Lucas performance.

Back
Top Bottom