Breaking news: Griese will start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking news: Griese will start

We can all second guess and wonder what's going through the players minds during practice as opposed to being in a game. The reality is, we don't know. I believe that there has been a problem with the playcalling at a higher level. All the problems don't just rest on Jay's shoulder's. Something is wrong that needs to be fixed. Let's see if they fix it and we can get to the playoffs (at the very least) this year. If not (not that I don't want my beloved Dolphins to win the "big game"), and please don't kill me for saying this, it's time to get a new coach.

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Jay has had more time under the system than BG. BG has been crash coursing this playbook since he came in. It makes sense that JF would look better in practice... and probably game wise until BG is confortable in the system.

Just write it down now, they are going to gameplan for griese or just run ricky alot and then the whole world is going to go gagga over griese and then Indy is going to make him look bad.......ala scott mitchell. i can see it coming as plain as day.

Originally posted by njfinfan
We can all second guess and wonder what's going through the players minds during practice as opposed to being in a game. The reality is, we don't know. I believe that there has been a problem with the playcalling at a higher level. All the problems don't just rest on Jay's shoulder's. Something is wrong that needs to be fixed. Let's see if they fix it and we can get to the playoffs (at the very least) this year. If not (not that I don't want my beloved Dolphins to win the "big game"), and please don't kill me for saying this, it's time to get a new coach.

this is what i believe is happening. that is why i think griese will be good for morale, until we lose of course, then the world ends again. which means the cover up doesnt work. I hope griese lights it up, i really do, but you wont see me jumping on any bandwagon anytime soon.

Originally posted by finfan54

how do you know fiedler was haveing good practices? :lol:
I don't. It's all hearsay from Wannstedt quotes and other posters.

All I'm saying is that I really don't care how good the guy is in practice if he can't bring it in a real game.

Are you saying the Dolphin WRs are not getting open? I wouldn't be the only person to say this is not true. The fact is, the Dolphins have had WRs and TEs open but Jay is missing the throws for whatever reason. It's not all the Oline, it's not all the WRs and it's not all the QB but the plays are there to be made. If this is going to be the first start of BG's career as a Dolphin, smart money says KISS (keep it simiple stupid).

I'm not saying copy the Ravens, just be smart in what the team asks it's players to do, which to date, they haven't done. In other words, don't ask Griese to do things that at this time he wouldn't be capable of doing. Anything which requires impecable timing or complicated reads with a WR. KISS.

Originally posted by LoXiN
Griese has one advantage though that we really need.

A long Ball.

you see? this is a misconception. as if fiedler doesnt have a long ball. JF overthrows all the time. the problem has been WR's getting open IMO. If the WR's react better to griese then ok, but i get the feeling like not much is going to change except more sacks and more indecision.

and another thing, he hasnt been practicing these past 6 weeks so what is it that he will know? im thinking not much and the offense will be bland. that is what i am scared of. blandness. all this talk about JF not seeing this and Jf not seeing that is overblown. it is all said in order to make a change. everyone wants change now and everyone is just going to react to whatever favors change. its all about the change but im tellin ya, the danger is that this will take the bad play of the line/WR's off the hook.

Originally posted by Rebar71

I don't. It's all hearsay from Wannstedt quotes and other posters.

All I'm saying is that I really don't care how good the guy is in practice if he can't bring it in a real game.

We learned our lesson with Ray Lucas who supposedly had great practices but turned out to be extremely erratic. Let's hope Griese is at least, smart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by dolphinslifefan
According to inside info from wqam in miami, Jay Fiedler couldn't and didn't practice at all today. Griese is expected to start on Monday. Quit all the quinings from Jay haters and supporters! Just hope and root for Griese to succeed. otherwise, this season is going downhill.

OK, let me get this straight. A radio station said that an unnamed and unconfirmed source said that Fiedler didn't practice today... and that Griese is "EXPECTED" to start Monday.

So it looks to be officially second hand hearsay speculatory conjection that BG starts, huh?

Well, I got that beat. My uncle knows a dude that knows the groundskeeper where the Phins practice and he overheard someone say that BG stubbed his toe again and Sage is now expected to start.

Print it, fax it, copy it.... Sage is our new starting QB. It's official.

:tongue:

Originally posted by DolFan31
We learned our lesson with Ray Lucas who supposedly had great practices but turned out to be extremely erratic. Let's hope Griese is at least, smart.
Yea - but I was talking about Fiedler.

Originally posted by njfinfan
I know both QB's are very similar in stats (ability?) but isn't practice different than a regulation game? Isn't there more pressure and Fiedler just can't handle that pressure when it's gametime?

That statement would hold water if....

Jay would not lead a drive 80 yards downfield going 6 of 7 for some 65 yards and setting a potential winning FG up with 2 min left to go.

So there goes that pressure theory.

Originally posted by finfan54

how do you know fiedler was haveing good practices? :lol:

It was well documented by the media last week that Jay went in one practice (for example) 35 of 36 and winged the ball all over the field...including downfield.

Thats where the frustration comes from....it works at times but to inconsistent.

Originally posted by DolphinStrike
Are you saying the Dolphin WRs are not getting open? I wouldn't be the only person to say this is not true. The fact is, the Dolphins have had WRs and TEs open but Jay is missing the throws for whatever reason. It's not all the Oline, it's not all the WRs and it's not all the QB but the plays are there to be made. If this is going to be the first start of BG's career as a Dolphin, smart money says KISS (keep it simiple stupid).

I'm not saying copy the Ravens, just be smart in what the team asks it's players to do, which to date, they haven't done. In other words, don't ask Griese to do things that at this time he wouldn't be capable of doing. Anything which requires impecable timing or complicated reads with a WR. KISS.

Oh wait a minute....aren't our expectations supposed to be higher with Brian. Why keep it simple? Let's wing it downfield. Isn't that what every Jay hater was glamouring for?

Simple? For what? Griese started for the last 4 years...he was a probowler....he should be able to complete a lot of downfield passes...with ease. Right?

But what if he doesn't? Whose fault will it be? Not play calling, not OL, not WRs.....

I stand by my point...my order of faults on this team is:

a) play calling
b) OL
c) WR/QB

Without a) and b) not functioning we will never know how good any of our QB/WR combo is.....no matter who starts.

Originally posted by FFiB

Oh wait a minute....aren't our expectations supposed to be higher with Brian. Why keep it simple? Let's wing it downfield. Isn't that what every Jay hater was glamouring for?

Simple? For what? Griese started for the last 4 years...he was a probowler....he should be able to complete a lot of downfield passes...with ease. Right?

But what if he doesn't? Whose fault will it be? Not play calling, not OL, not WRs.....

a) play calling
b) OL
c) WR/QB

Without a) and b) not functioning we will never know how good any of our QB/WR combo is.....no matter who starts.

Great post, except i feel B and C do not function well because of A.

how much more simple can we get guys? we're already the most predictable offense in the league.

Originally posted by FFiB

a) play calling
b) OL
c) WR/QB

Yeah, good point.....

Jay is a proven commodity in the league and is well respected by ALL teams. In interviews all the time if asked about him NFL people have nothing but good things to say about him and his ability. His system has made molded many young players and his plays have been consistently lights out over the years.

Norv Turner is nothing more than a journeyman. He hasn't proven anything on his own merit. As a matter of fact Norv was completely given up on at one point. He was out of the league completely and NO TEAM at all even wanted to give him a shot because they had so little respect for his abillity. A close friend of Norvs had to send letters to all the NFL teams to give him a chance before anyone did. Since that time he has been erratic. Good at times and horrible others. Unlike Jay, rarely does anyone outside of the Miami organization have anything good to say about him other than he's adequate.

Oh wait a minute......... It's the other way around isn't it..... :lol:

Yeah, Norv Turner is the problem..... :rolleyes:

Ever consider that the plays called may just be resulting from the limitations of the players on the field ???

Naw.... too much thought there and that would clearly be veering some of the blame onto Fiedler. We can't have that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom