BREAKING NEWS:Miami Dolphins Official 2004-2005 Schedule | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS:Miami Dolphins Official 2004-2005 Schedule

Is the best we've gotten in a long time but is not an easy one like some of you guys said. We do have to play some very good teams. The whole keys could be the opener cos we'll be playing a good team. I'm glad we play them here tho.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Wolfcry
Looks a decent schedule for the team, but personally I'm really sick. I'm in Florida for the first time in 5 years (I live in England) for three weeks in November. Was hoping for 2 home games or failing that a "big" game and what do I get?

The Arizona Cardinals.

A bye. In November!

A road game in Seattle.

I'm sick. :cry: :(

Oh well, at least I should get some decent tickets!

At least you can look forward to a win! :lol:

I caught this from the Sun-Sentinel:
"And they won't play in a cold-weather city from Nov. 1 until the season finale at Baltimore on Jan. 2."

Don't we play Denver in December? My geography is a tad rusty, but I'm almost certain it's pretty cold and snowy there during that time of year. That's picking nits, though.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the fact that I will not be dodging snowballs in the Ralph Wilson Stadium parking lot this year! It's hard to ask for a more reasonable schedule than this. Late bye, no late-season division road games, back to back on the West Coast. It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination, not when we play the defending champs twice along with five other playoff teams. But it is pretty fair.
Deus Ex raises a good point; Tennessee is a team that will be retooling their DL, which will help considering how up in the air our OL will be. In fact, the first four games (Tennessee, Cincy, Pitt, NYJ) feature teams that don't have a really strong pass rush. That should give the revamped OL a little breathing room to get things together.

Originally posted by phunwin
I caught this from the Sun-Sentinel:
"And they won't play in a cold-weather city from Nov. 1 until the season finale at Baltimore on Jan. 2."

Don't we play Denver in December? My geography is a tad rusty, but I'm almost certain it's pretty cold and snowy there during that time of year. That's picking nits, though.

Can't wait for Mare to practice his cold foot again. Seemed pretty damn dominant last time. :D

Remember, that was from 53.

Fired up baby!!

Watch Jay Fiedler in the background. He knew it too. Broken thumb and all. :)

Man did Mare drill that one.

Still the best game in recent memory.

Originally posted by Surferosa

Dont forget that road game in Baltimore in January. Dont forget your earmuffs and scarf for that one :D

Normally, Baltimore isn't that bad then. Late Jan into Feb is generally a problem tho. But, with "our luck", that's when they'll have the annual deep freeze tho! :lol: I think the game in Denver on the 12th presents the biggest cold weather gm this year.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
No excuses for the second half collapse this year :shakeno:

For me the "second half collapse" has never been attributed to the schedule.

I've always asscociated it with Dave Wannestadts late season "tough" practice philosophy.

Might I add that a former player of his (Tim Ryan) has attributed it to that philosophy too.

To paraphrase, "There is no sense in full contact practice from the middle to late in the season. Every player is beat up and they know what they have to do."

Folks, this is going to be a "screwy" year from what we've been used to lately. Going north early, playing them home late along with a very late bye as far as the Fins go. One thing is quite clear for the moment anyway, the schedule will not be an excuse for any shortcomings this coming year. The only "bad" things i possibly see in it is the back 2 back gms in oct with NE and Buff on the road. But, IMO, it's evened out cuz i don't think we'll see any snow or freezing temps there at all this yr. :) The other "bad" thing is the 2, back 2 back west coast trips in late Nov. But that should be canceled out since we'll just be coming off a bye week and everyone should be well rested/healed, etc.
Point to all this is that there can't be an excuse for a late season swoon. The late bye will not allow an excuse for players to be "worn" out during "crunch time". If this team fails again this year, it will not be because of the scheduling but simply lack of coaching, execution and the general overall attitude of the team. by attitude, I mean that these guys need to get away from thinking that they CAN win to thinking that they WILL win. Pretty simple when we think about it. ;)

Originally posted by ZOD

For me the "second half collapse" has never been attributed to the schedule.

I've always asscociated it with Dave Wannestadts late season "tough" practice philosophy.

Might I add that a former player of his (Tim Ryan) has attributed it to that philosophy too.

To paraphrase, "There is no sense in full contact practice from the middle to late in the season. Every player is beat up and they know what they have to do."

;) Good point, Zod. As the saying goes, "Nice guys finish last".

Originally posted by Phinfan31
I cant believe some of you guys think we will lose to the 49ers?? I would have considered a loss possible last year...but not this year...theyve lost their star WR, their QB, and their runningback, how the hell does a team get over losing those vital roles in an offense???
Hell nah. We're whoring the 49ers this year.

Back
Top Bottom