BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

I was just about to post this too! I was a little suprised by this because I feel he is a really great scout... just a horrible GM and was hoping he would be a main scout for Saban for the next few years... Oh well, I am sure Saban will find someone even better that looks for the same kind of stuff in players as Saban does.

Nasty

I feel bad for the guy. He tried to make the best w/ the hand he was dealt by Wanny.Maybe he'll sign up with the bills as a scout :D.

MDFINFAN said:
Like you couldv't done better.. :shakeno:

Big loss for us.

yeah, because I always go around proclaiming that im an NFL GM. Spielman was in a high profile position with the fins and as a fan, I believe I have a right to voic my opinion on him :shakeno:

YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!!

Ive been waiting for this day since Wanny quit!! Finally we are flushed of the old regime!!

Oh what a happy day!!:mdfin::mdfin::mdfin::mdfin::mdfin::mdfin::mdfin:

dolfan4good said:
How is that "quite a loss"? There are scouts out there just as good if not better...
And those available are?????
dolfan4good said:
How does the Fins org lose anything with him gone? If anything, he was an extra body and pay check.

If you haven't read the hundreds of Spielman threads and comments posted already, I'm not going to go through clearing up all the misinformation, revisionism, and post hoc second-guessing that's gone on around here. Experience has shown that if you're one of those folks who hates Spielman, it doesn't matter what anyone says, your mind is made up, and rationality doesn't have anything to do with your opinion - only emotional knee jerk response. You can't reason with emotion.

Good luck, Rick. you might have had a better stint with us if there was a different head coach.
I respect the guy, a lot of bad decisions were made while he was GM but more because of Wanny than anyone else. Remember when he wanted to take Drew Brees but Wannstedt wanted Fletcher?

Good luck Rick... you're not cut out to be a GM, but you've got one hell of an eye for talent. (remember if Rick was GM earlier then Brees to Boldin might've been heard a lot at Dolphins Stadium rather than us trading Fletcher and Eddie Moore riding the pine with various parts of his body in plaster)

Kinda glad you're gone though because you Wanny and Ears have now all departed.

It was in the cards.It was just a matter of time.He was given a face saving way out due to the friendship he had developed with Wayne H.

Agua said:
And those available are?????

If you haven't read the hundreds of Spielman threads and comments posted already, I'm not going to go through clearing up all the misinformation, revisionism, and post hoc second-guessing that's gone on around here. Experience has shown that if you're one of those folks who hates Spielman, it doesn't matter what anyone says, your mind is made up, and rationality doesn't have anything to do with your opinion - only emotional knee jerk response. You can't reason with emotion.
It's not an emotional response.... I think he made more bad moves than good ones. Simple as that. For you to say it's a BIG LOSS is ludicrous... especially after what you saw Saban do with the draft and free agency. I'll change my mind when Saban comes out and says that RS was the one responsible to, what on paper, amounts to a good draft and free agency period.

As to other good scouts? I don't know enough about the inner workings of other teams to give you names. However, we know that Saban has been looking to hire a couple....

Fans are running out of things to b**** about. Thank God for Ricky and A.J.

I liked Spielman, but this had become an untenable position for him.

popularwar said:
Good luck, Rick. you might have had a better stint with us if there was a different head coach.
I respect the guy, a lot of bad decisions were made while he was GM but more because of Wanny than anyone else. Remember when he wanted to take Drew Brees but Wannstedt wanted Fletcher?

What?

Fletcher was Spielmans guy. He was actually the first player that Wanny let him pick when he was D/PP. He had his picture in his office for gosh sakes. Then he sent him to SD with a 6th rounder to sweeten the deal for Boston.

There should be no crocodile tears for Spielman.

Back
Top Bottom