BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

BrazForPhins said:
for me,ìts a loss. He's a pretty good scout..He just shouldn't be given negotiations matters..I hope any AFCE team doesnt hire him..

I hope an AFCE does pick and gives him total control over football operations. That way the team will have crappy players and will be easy to beat.

Jnaledu3 said:
Nope.

He did want Boldin in 2003, but Fletcher was his call. Wanting Boldin was a no brainer at the position the Fins picked, but it just so happens that Wanny is an even worse evaluator that Spielman so they picked Moore.
My bad... it must've been the fans that wanted Brees then.

tcdrover said:
It looks like that is one of the main things Saban didn't agree with, CONSTANTLY giving up future picks. The Pats & Parcells generally do just the opposite. They like to stock up on future picks.

I don't care what parcells do or not..he's the most overrated, disloyal coach ever

Jnaledu3 said:
I hope an AFCE does pick and gives him total control over football operations. That way the team will have crappy players and will be easy to beat.
Not to mention the number of draft picks we can scam from him in the process!

Jnaledu3 said:

What crappy player did he draft for us??? He's learn I'm sure from his experience here and will do a much better job in terms of negoiations somewhere else.

You should be afraid if another afce team picks him up.

finmann said:
what do you mean?
Dude they are just as good and better GM'a out there...Rick was nothing special.

Like who?

We about broke the world record in injuries last year, had a crappy salary situation, he did everything he could. In case you havn't noticed, a lot of his picks are slated to start this year.

FireWrongstedt said:
AWESOME!! Don't let the door hit you in the a*s Speilman!!!!!!!!!!

Some don't know talent when it hit them right in the behind.. :shakeno:

MDFINFAN said:
What crappy player did he draft for us??? He's learn I'm sure from his experience here and will do a much better job in terms of negoiations somewhere else.

You should be afraid if another afce team picks him up.

:lol:

Youre so silly..

MDFINFAN said:
Some don't know talent when it hit them right in the behind.. :shakeno:

Yeah, let's trade a 2nd rounder for Feeley, let's trade a 3rd for Lamar Gordon, lets get f*cked in the a*s by Minnesota and give up a 4th to move up one spot to draft a guy who would've been there for us anyway. Yeah, BIG loss. I don't know how the organization will go on. :rolleyes:

dolfan4good said:
How is that "quite a loss"? There are scouts out there just as good if not better... How does the Fins org lose anything with him gone? If anything, he was an extra body and pay check.
How many scouts out there that are better found a derrick pope in the 7th round. A jason taylor in the 3rd round (i think) and idk if he was here when we got thomas in the 5th but i know he was here when we got pat and sam, hes a great evaluator and this is a pretty big loss. We dont really know Nicks full evaluating skills cause, yes this was a good draft but then again he had an advantage. this hurts our team in my opinion

FireWrongstedt said:
Yeah, let's trade a 2nd rounder for Feeley, let's trade a 3rd for Lamar Gordon, lets get f*cked in the a*s by Minnesota and give up a 4th to move up one spot to draft a guy who would've been there for us anyway. Yeah, BIG loss. I don't know how the organization will go on. :rolleyes:

1. Every fan screaming "anyone is better than Fiedler" have no right to complain. He had to get us a new QB, and if he turns out well this season, then his gamble turned out well.

2. We NEEDED Lamar Gordon. What, did you want Minor at tailback? That's a laugh. Gordon was fine value at 3, it was just too bad he got injued.

He had a ****ty situation and made the most of it.

This is really too bad, he really was one of the best personnel guys in the league. Maybe not quite cut out to be a GM or he was too inexperienced in his first try, but this guy can evaluate talent with the best of them.

Back
Top Bottom