BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

jtsacksyou said:
How many scouts out there that are better found a derrick pope in the 7th round. A jason taylor in the 3rd round (i think) and idk if he was here when we got thomas in the 5th but i know he was here when we got pat and sam, hes a great evaluator and this is a pretty big loss. We dont really know Nicks full evaluating skills cause, yes this was a good draft but then again he had an advantage. this hurts our team in my opinion
Are you telling me that no other team in the league has scouts that have been able to draft great players late in the draft? What has Derrick Pope done so far in the NFL? Be real dude!

jtsacksyou said:
jason taylor in the 3rd round (i think) and idk if he was here when we got thomas in the 5th but i know he was here when we got pat and sam,

All of those guys were evaluated and picked by Jimmy Johnson.

And JT was a 6th rounder. Zach was a 5th rounder. Sam and Pat were 2nd rounders.

You can thank Jimmy Johnson for all those guys.

FireWrongstedt said:
Yeah, let's trade a 2nd rounder for Feeley, let's trade a 3rd for Lamar Gordon, lets get f*cked in the a*s by Minnesota and give up a 4th to move up one spot to draft a guy who would've been there for us anyway. Yeah, BIG loss. I don't know how the organization will go on. :rolleyes:

Which didn't hurt us at all, our cap is in good condition, Saban was able to add a lot of players(FAs) to this roster, we had 6 picks of the 7 rounds available, and we have room to add some more FA's, plus we now have a young OL that's maturing...some just don't get it, but you'll appreciate his effort in the next 2-3 years. :shakeno:

touborg said:
1. Every fan screaming "anyone is better than Fiedler" have no right to complain. He had to get us a new QB, and if he turns out well this season, then his gamble turned out well.

2. We NEEDED Lamar Gordon. What, did you want Minor at tailback? That's a laugh. Gordon was fine value at 3, it was just too bad he got injued.

He had a ****ty situation and made the most of it.

You must understand the mentality of your targeted audience..they're all living room GM's who can always do better than the actual people who are trying..
:lol:

touborg said:
1. Every fan screaming "anyone is better than Fiedler" have no right to complain. He had to get us a new QB, and if he turns out well this season, then his gamble turned out well.

2. We NEEDED Lamar Gordon. What, did you want Minor at tailback? That's a laugh. Gordon was fine value at 3, it was just too bad he got injued.

He had a ****ty situation and made the most of it.

1. I was not one of those fans. I didn't like Fiedler, but I wasn't screaming to just bring "anyone" in. I wasn't posting on this site yet when the Feeley trade went down, so you'll have to take me at my word.

2. We didn't NEED Lamar Gordon. After Ricky left, it was over for 2004. Finished. Done. I was one of few people on this site that seemed to realize that, amidst all the predictions of 10-6 and things like "We're the Dolphins so we'll automatcially win 10 games" and other delusions of grandeur. So I'm sorry if I didn't advocate trading a 3rd rounder for a back-up RB and a guy that St. Louis had obviously no belief in whatsoever, seeing as they took Steven Jackson as soon as they had the chance.

MDFINFAN said:
You must understand the mentality of your targeted audience..they're all living room GM's who can always do better than the actual people who are trying..

Sorry that we have our own opinions and aren't blinded by homer glasses. We're not going to agree with every move a GM mkaes just because he's a GM. Considering the amount of time and money I invest in this team, I'll say, think, and feel whatever I want whenever I want to. Kapish?

Great News!!! The last of the Evil Empire )Wanny, Fiedler, Speilman)has crumbled!!!!
It is NO loss. He was a marginal personnel guy at best and not worthy of the GM role.

His record of hits and misses reveals no genuis work. I am all to happy to see him go

MDFINFAN said:
No we are all realist. The numbers and stats don't lie. Look at what the last four years have been, and yet you place no blame with any of the key people. Not Wanny, Not Fiedler, Not Rick. You guys are just being homers and don't want to admit that the "crew" you were defending for years totally tanked. It takes not NFL GM to see that. When you sink so low that you become a running gag of late night TV shows, then that is pretty pathetic. The blame fell squarely on Wanny/Speilman/Fiedler.

They were the disease and Saban is the cure.

Saban gave RS an easy way out and he took it.

fin-atic said:
No we are all realist. The numbers and stats don't lie. Look at what the last four years have been, and yet you place no blame with any of the key people. Not Wanny, Not Fiedler, Not Rick. You guys are just being homers and don't want to admit that the "crew" you were defending for years totally tanked. It takes not NFL GM to see that. When you sink so low that you become a running gag of late night TV shows, then that is pretty pathetic. The blame fell squarely on Wanny/Speilman/Fiedler.

They were the disease and Saban is the cure.

I'm only talking Rick Spielman, I blame Wanny for a lot..but Spielman was a ray of sunshine in a cloud of darkness..Get your facts right. If you realistic..do you really think you could do better..?? Do you think all of Rick's draft picks were bad last year? Do you think we needed to keep the OL before the change last year? Do you think we needed to keep Jay at QB? Do you think before last year's draft, we had a good backups at LB?

CashInFist said:
Finally...so long LOSER!

That's going a bit too far by calling him a loser. Un-called for and incorrect. He may not have been a great GM, but he is a good scout for talent. That's hard to find...the next couple of drafts will determine how much this team will be missing him.

MDFINFAN said:
Like you couldv't done better.. :shakeno:

Big loss for us.

No loss at all, he was a glorified scout since Saban took over.

The writing was on the wall for this one since the day Saban arrived.

I'm sure he was allowed to resign to let him save face, he would not have been retained.

clear.gif
*** clown!!!!!

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
At least we get rid of that haircut. What is that?

never noticed what military men have their haircut?? Don't try to make fun of or insult someone's hairstyle by your lack of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom