BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

Interesting to see where he goes. If I remember correctly, Detroit wanted him, but couldn't get him because it would have to be a total control move?

If Belichick hires him, I'll crap myself.

Spielman new it was just a matter of time for him before he was fired and there was no way he was going to let that happen. better him resign than be fired...look better on the resume. Plus he was such a jerk, players really didn't like him. Nevertheless I wish him good luck.

Jnaledu3 said:
What?

Fletcher was Spielmans guy. He was actually the first player that Wanny let him pick when he was D/PP. He had his picture in his office for gosh sakes. Then he sent him to SD with a 6th rounder to sweeten the deal for Boston.

There should be no crocodile tears for Spielman.
err... no.

Spielman wanted Brees and then in 2003 Spielman wanted Boldin. Both are Pro Bowlers.

Dave overruled him and wanted Fletcher and Moore.

que41 said:
how does this affect are salary-cap:D
it's alrite... because it's after June 1st we can take some of the hit next year :D

Not all of our personnel moves and problems were Rick's fault. However, he did make some mistakes and I think to complete the cleansing of this team, everyone from the past administration and staff needed to be gone... Rick's apart of that, now we have a fresh new start, from top to bottom. Good Luck Rick, you'll be successful!

fishfan34 said:
Not all of our personnel moves and problems were Rick's fault. However, he did make some mistakes and I think to complete the cleansing of this team, everyone from the past administration and staff needed to be gone... Rick's apart of that, now we have a fresh new start, from top to bottom. Good Luck Rick, you'll be successful!
Rick made some good choices from a scouting POV; however, he will always be remembered as the guy that gave up the 35th pick in the draft for AJ Feeley.

Damn, I was hoping he could be kept in some way. He did a lot with very little.

Thanks Rick, good luck.

finsnchips said:
Rick made some good choices from a scouting POV; however, he will always be remembered as the guy that gave up the 35th pick in the draft for AJ Feeley.

I remember him as the guy who was conned out of a draft pick, just to move up one spot and pick an OL who couldn't even crack the starting line-up.

It looks like that is one of the main things Saban didn't agree with, CONSTANTLY giving up future picks. The Pats & Parcells generally do just the opposite. They like to stock up on future picks.

touborg said:
Damn, I was hoping he could be kept in some way. He did a lot with very little.

Thanks Rick, good luck.

what do you mean?
Dude they are just as good and better GM'a out there...Rick was nothing special.

for me,ìts a loss. He's a pretty good scout..He just shouldn't be given negotiations matters..I hope any AFCE team doesnt hire him..

finsnchips said:
err... no.

Spielman wanted Brees and then in 2003 Spielman wanted Boldin. Both are Pro Bowlers.

Dave overruled him and wanted Fletcher and Moore.

Nope.

He did want Boldin in 2003, but Fletcher was his call. Wanting Boldin was a no brainer at the position the Fins picked, but it just so happens that Wanny is an even worse evaluator that Spielman so they picked Moore.

tcdrover said:
I remember him as the guy who was conned out of a draft pick, just to move up one spot and pick an OL who couldn't even crack the starting line-up.

It looks like that is one of the main things Saban didn't agree with, CONSTANTLY giving up future picks. The Pats & Parcells generally do just the opposite. They like to stock up on future picks.
yeah... and that. People remember the bad things and the Vernon trade and the Feeley trade defined Rick.

I won't b!tch about Vernon because that was Dave's fault. Our line sucked and when he played, IMHO, he was probably one of our best linemen.

Back
Top Bottom