BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

DolphinDevil28 said:
The writing was on the wall when we tried to get Ruston Webster from Tampa.

Yea, and those, "Shhhush here he comes" whispers Saban and the other coaches would say when Speilman was coming, didn't help either. :)

It's to bad really. He wasn't a bad guy, but he's probably better off with a fresh start.

Steve

jlfin said:
what an ignorant post
As opposed to fighting with an 18 yr old like you did? What makes you so high and mighty? Im glad he's gone and so are you... to the ignore list you go you pompous a$$.

fin-atic said:
No, its not ignorant. Its how he feels.

Some of you need to accept that this team has been bad for awhile and declined into terrible this year. Speilman was part of that.
WHat has the guy done??? Underacheive and that is it.
Thanks for the back up fin-atic... this guy's just dying to start up arguments with other posters...

I thought Rick did a commendable job in a no win situation.

He's a good scout and, do not be mistaken, this is a loss.

He made mistakes as a GM but find me ONE GM that did not make mistakes.

MDFINFAN said:
Like you couldv't done better.. :shakeno:

Big loss for us.

"Like you could have done better" is the most meaningless, pointless insult ever uttered. Ryan Leaf is a much better quarterback than I'll ever be, but does that make him good???

He was absolutely right. Spielman was a decent scout but was way over his head as general manager.

I think we're overrating Spielman's scouting ability alittle bit. There might be alot of guys last you who made our team, and other guys he scouted that have been good for us, but he is far from being one of the best scouts in the NFL (he's good, but not that good).

Spielman's problem was he was an idiot when it came to trades.
1.2nd rounder for the 3rd string QB.
2.3rd rounder for a 3rd string RB (after they drafted Jackson anyways)
3.Trading up one spot for a guy the Vikings would not have drafted, and the Pats had no interest in.

he should just stick to scouting, not be a DPP, not be a GM, just be a scout.

TheMadPorpoise said:
"Like you could have done better" is the most meaningless, pointless insult ever uttered. Ryan Leaf is a much better quarterback than I'll ever be, but does that make him good???

He was absolutely right. Spielman was a decent scout but was way over his head as general manager.

seems to be a thought commonly shared by many on this board :)

unifiedtheory said:
I thought Rick did a commendable job in a no win situation.

He's a good scout and, do not be mistaken, this is a loss.

He made mistakes as a GM but find me ONE GM that did not make mistakes.
It was the many mistakes ALL in a row that made him terrible GM.

we know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
clear.gif

So tell me this fellow dol-fans, What did speilman see in AJ that made him trade a second round pick? Sorry if this was asked before, but I didn't feel like reading 7 pages of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom