BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Rick Speilman Resigns (Merged)

steeda said:
So tell me this fellow dol-fans, What did speilman see in AJ that made him trade a second round pick? Sorry if this was asked before, but I didn't feel like reading 7 pages of this thread.

he has some intricate evaluation method and he broke down a lot of film on his philly days. he did study him a lot

What would have possibly motivated Saban to keep him? He's not one of Saban's people. The only reason Saban would have kept him is if he were an exceptional personnel guy. He wasn't that bad, but he wasn't exceptional. So Saban let him know that he would feel better with someone of his own choosing. Only reasonable face-saving move was to quit.

Good bye Rick! Only reason I would feel bad for him is because he really did try to make this team better by doing everything possible to get people in here. However, by doing that he gave up too high of draft picks for players in trades, which helped Miami crumble last year. Good human, but not a great football mind. Did a decent job in the draft last year, but after seeing Saban's draft this year, there was no real reason to keep him. This is a happy day for Dolphins fans and the Dolphin organization. Another limb on the Wanny tree has died. Welcome to the Saban era!

:banana: :mdfin:

Hey Rick thanks for Randy McMichael and Chambers.......

Now get the F\/ck Outta Here!!!!!

I would love to see him become a scout for us because he was always good picking out the good players. I wish him the best of luck.

BlueFin said:
I do agree with you that this was a forced resignation to allow him to save face.

I don't get from what previous draft facts you label him a "great talent evaluator"?

As I said, his work both in Chicago and here produced mediocre drafts at best.....nothing that can be labeled great.

Nick Saban would not force him to go if he thought Rick Spielman thru his eye for talent could help him win games, I think Saban's right hand will be someone much more skilled than Rick Spielman with a much better track record.

Attacking the fans that don't agree with you adds nothing to your argument in support of Spielman.

As usual Blue you always hit the nail on the head!

What "talent" did Rick greatly evaluate?

Oh well he is gone and this is a moot point anyway.

To quote a popular song from the movie The Wizard of Oz, "Ding Dong the witch is dead. Which old witch? The wicked witch. Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead."

newlownorder said:
To quote a popular song from the movie The Wizard of Oz, "Ding Dong the witch is dead. Which old witch? The wicked witch. Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead."
Watch it.... you may be called "ignorant" by some poster for these thoughts... :lol:

I don't know why, but this reminds me of Star Wars. :lol:

The Wanny Empire has fallen!

Huizenga: "Lord Saban!"

Saban: "Yes Owner"

Huizenga: "RISE!"

NFL Wars: A New Hope!

Nublar7 said:
I don't know why, but this reminds me of Star Wars. :lol:

The Wanny Empire has fallen!

Huizenga: "Lord Saban!"

Saban: "Yes Owner"

Huizenga: "RISE!"

NFL Wars: A New Hope!

Hear that loud noise blaring around your house? That's my geekdar going off all the way from Orlando.....it's that strong...

TerryTate said:
Hear that loud noise blaring around your house? That's my geekdar going off all the way from Orlando.....it's that strong...
:lol: So you are saying that noise isn't coming from my Microwave? I guess I don't need a new one.

Back
Top Bottom