BREAKING NEWS: "Trestman to be QB coach." | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: "Trestman to be QB coach."

Hank is a personal friend of Trestman so this is probably true

Coll, now lets get a QB.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Originally posted by Thundercracker
Is this good? I've never heard of Trestman...

Trestman was OC at UM, for the 49ers, the Browns, and the Raiders in their last superbowl appearance.

Originally posted by Thundercracker
Is this good? I've never heard of Trestman...

He was a pretty good offensive coordinator for the Niners, and I think at least one other team.....I think this is good.

Beat me to it 126, and you had more info anyway.

Well, I hope he stays a while because with us drafting a young QB to learn, we're going to need a good QB coach to stick around and teach the young pup for about 2-3 years.

At least I'm confident that our QB coach could teach Rivers well if we chose him in the draft. I personally would rather see Manning, Losman, or Henson chosen than Rivers but hey, ya never know.

This also serves as insurance should Turner get the Oakland job, which I HIGHLY doubt.

Kudos to the front office Jerry Sullivan and Marc Tresman are two of the better offensive coaches in the league. Now if only we had an OL coach, or a defensive coordinator. I still want Dave McGinnis added tot his staff.

Well at least two good step in the right direction for the O..this is a beginning---choice of WR coach and now qb coach. Can we exchange some assistant OL coaches also?

Enough is enough with this o-line coach thing. I'd like to have the best o-line coach here too. But lets think about who we had for him to coach. A rookie(Smith) 3rd rounder starting at LT that was supposed to sit on the bench and learn behing Mark Dixon. A LG that was coming back from a terrible injury and gained a lot of weight(Nails)and might never be back to the 2002 season form. A center(Ruddy) that we've been trying to replace now for 2 years in a row. A RG(Perry) who's long in the tooth and may not be here next season. And a RT(Wade) that everyone here knows he's never had as good a season as his rookie year. Now that's not a bunch of probowlers he was coaching guys. I'm all for us getting the best posible coach for every position but we need players on that o-line.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

Originally posted by Danny
Enough is enough with this o-line coach thing. I'd like to have the best o-line coach here too. But lets think about who we had for him to coach. A rookie(Smith) 3rd rounder starting at LT that was supposed to sit on the bench and learn behing Mark Dixon. A LG that was coming back from a terrible injury and gained a lot of weight(Nails)and might never be back to the 2002 season form. A center(Ruddy) that we've been trying to replace now for 2 years in a row. A RG(Perry) who's long in the tooth and may not be here next season. And a RT(Wade) that everyone here knows he's never had as good a season as his rookie year. Now that's not a bunch of probowlers he was coaching guys. I'm all for us getting the best posible coach for every position but we need players on that o-line.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

You've already got him.

If you ask anyone associated with the NFL to name the three best offensive line coaches in the game, they will give you these three names: Hudson Houck, Jim McNally, and Tony Wise.

Originally posted by Danny

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

I meant the assistants to the assistant OL coach..some of his assistances, for more and new input.

I'm surprised to see many of you happy with his, seeing as how Trestman coached with Dave when the two were on staff at the University of Miami.

Back
Top Bottom