BREAKING NEWS: "Trestman to be QB coach." | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: "Trestman to be QB coach."

Actually we do have personnel to do a West Coast O. Especially if we get Micheal Jenkins. The only problem with WCO is that the Pats D is great against it supposedly.

A very good hire. The guy brings solid credentials and could be great for us.

Nice job Dan/Speil!

i agree, hopefully norv comes back, trestman at QB coach, sullivan WR coach, upgrade some of the talent for them to work with and we should be in good shape

First good move the front office has made this offseason.
I wouldn't mind seeing Trestman take Norv's job, actually.

I'm with you, Rick. Trestman turned down the Cornell job so it seems the deal is all but done. With Jerry Sullivan on board also, this is a heck of an upgrade.

RB R. Williams would kick mjor a$$ in a WCO system!!....

RB M. Faulk plays in the WCO, and so does RB P. Holmes. You put RW on either one of those two teams, and he'd be incredible IMO....

Ricky can catch, and he's got the speed and moves when he turns it up a notch....He could be great in the WCO if given the chance IMO....

Solid addition in Trestman. First move by Rick and Dan, and it's a good one!!!!:pirate:

PHINZ RULE!!!:cool:

Originally posted by Danny
I think Sanduski was probably the best we had but he had some good players to work with back then.

Ozzy rules!!

Sandusky was good, but Monte Clark was the best.

I think the wrong persons are getting credit for the great additions to the coaching staff. If I'm not mistaken, Wannstedt still holds the power and responsibility for the hiring and firing of the coaching staff.

Originally posted by SC_PHIN-FAN
I think the wrong persons are getting credit for the great additions to the coaching staff. If I'm not mistaken, Wannstedt still holds the power and responsibility for the hiring and firing of the coaching staff.

That is the case indeed, but you see, some of these people only want to give Dave credit when something goes wrong. If something good happens, Dave has no part of it. These people would have rather jumped into the Jim Mora Jr. sweepstakes. In otherwords, they wanted to make a change just to be making a change.

Originally posted by SC_PHIN-FAN

You're right. Dave deserves credit for this. Good decision Dave....

Rick and Danny were not responsible for this hiring from what I've read thus far....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

No one in the league is a better OC than turner. But as great as he is, he still needs players...

"...only want to give Dave credit when something goes wrong."

Ain't that the truth....

--Ross

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
RB R. Williams would kick mjor a$$ in a WCO system!!....

RB M. Faulk plays in the WCO, and so does RB P. Holmes. You put RW on either one of those two teams, and he'd be incredible IMO....

Ricky can catch, and he's got the speed and moves when he turns it up a notch....He could be great in the WCO if given the chance IMO....

Solid addition in Trestman. First move by Rick and Dan, and it's a good one!!!!:pirate:

PHINZ RULE!!!:cool:

Marshall Faulk does not play in the west coast offense. Marshall Faulk plays in Norv Turner's offense. Mike Martz runs the offense he learned while working as Norv's QB coach in Washington.

Ricky is not a WCO running back. He played in that system in New Orleans, and it simply didn't work for him. Tailbacks don't get 25-30 carries a game in the WCO. Ricky is the type of back that is at his best when he is getting 25-30 carries a game.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Marshall Faulk does not play in the west coast offense. Marshall Faulk plays in Norv Turner's offense. Mike Martz runs the offense he learned while working as Norv's QB coach in Washington.

Ricky is not a WCO running back. He played in that system in New Orleans, and it simply didn't work for him. Tailbacks don't get 25-30 carries a game in the WCO. Ricky is the type of back that is at his best when he is getting 25-30 carries a game.

Is not really Norv style offense but is defitnitely not a WEST coast offense.Ram try to spread the field by usning 3,4 and 5 wr sets.

I disagree with you about backs not getting enough carries due to WEST COAST offense because it really depends on the playcaller.Marshall rarely touches the ball 25 times and he suppose ely is Norv style offense.

Back
Top Bottom