Brian Baldinger's take on Sewell | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Baldinger's take on Sewell

I think the issue with this draft is there is a lot of good, maybe even great players, but only Lawrence jumps off the page as a complete, elite prospect. Smith has size concerns. Chase sat out 2020. Sewell has room to improve. Parsons has alleged character issues. Pitts is more of an oversized WR than TE. Waddle is coming off injury and more of a slot guy. To clarify, I like all of these players, but I really don’t see much of a drop off between any of them. I do think the addition of Wilson means we aren’t looking at Sewell, but might target interior guys day 2.
Lawrence is vastly overrated and played in a very weak ACC. When He played elite teams (mostly In the CFP) he wasn’t the best player or even qb on the field.

The best player in this draft is PITTS. Bar none. He may be the only HOF worthy player in this draft.

his biggest problem in my opinion is he stops his feet in pass pro alot

What makes you think he will be available for the Bengals?
I think chances are pretty good that he's "available" there. I'm not sure they take him (they should) anyway.

I know you are all in on the guy, but realistically, if we don't take him (there is a high probability we trade down), who would you see taking him before Cincy?

What makes you think he won't be available there?

There's a big difference between what you want to happen, and what is likely to happen. Would you at least acknowledge that?

Last edited:
I think chances are pretty good that he's "available" there. I'm not sure they take him (they should) anyway.

I know you are all in on the guy, but realistically, if we don't take him (there is a high probability we trade down), who would you see taking him before Cincy?

What makes you think he won't be available there?

There's a big difference between what you want to happen, and what is likely to happen. Would you at least acknowledge that?

Trading down has always been our best decision but who would trade with us at this moment, we realistically don't have the suitors we had originally forecasted.

Trading down has always been our best decision but who would trade with us at this moment, we realistically don't have the suitors we had originally forecasted.
Carolina and Denver are our best bet imo.

I have never thought there would be some blockbuster haul, due to the circumstances, but what has really chanded as far as potential suitors?

Don't confuse hype and rumor with reality. Also don't dismiss the possibility of moving down past where some would prefer.

Now, if some of these teams hand out a big contract to one of the FA QBs, that could change the landscape.

I didn't really see Philly or Atl as likely from the start.

I have never thought there would be some blockbuster haul, due to the circumstances, but what has really chanded as far as potential suitors?

Don't confuse hype and rumor with reality. Also don't dismiss the possibility of moving down past where some would prefer.

Now, if some of these teams hand out a big contract to one of the FA QBs, that could change the landscape.

I didn't really see Philly or Atl as likely from the start.
That is true brother mach, and that is just mock draft talk at best. If anything trade downs happen as unexpected surprises. When they call our name to pick we will know.

That is true brother mach, and that is just mock draft talk at best. If anything trade downs happen as unexpected surprises. When they call our name to pick we will know.
I think almost everyone wants to trade down if we can . I got my doubts, look at the Lions last year at #3, I'm sure they tried everything to get out of that spot

No player in the draft is ever perfect, the kid is young and has All Pro talent. If you are basing your opinion on Sewell off that clip and those couple of reps in this thread you are greatly under educating yourself. Go watch the entire game, he pretty much dominated as he did in nearly every game.

There is something about his hands that need work IMO, he keeps them low and doesn’t seem to strike with as much power as I would expect. Nonetheless if he is the pick I’m not upset.

I don't care if he can pass block for an hour every snap. Offensive line is only as good as its weakest link. Take a player who forces double teams and forces a defensive coordinator to actually think instead.

I'm not trying to be the Browns or Colts.

Back
Top Bottom