Brian Brohm to Buffalo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Brohm to Buffalo

DaBills4life

Starter
Reaction score
Packers tried to keep them. The Bills signed him off their practice squad. Brohm had to think he had a chance to play in Buffalo. Nice move for Buffalo.

Green Bay – Brian Brohm is no longer a member of the Green Bay Packers’ organization.
And this time that was his choice.
On the practice squad since being cut by the Packers at the final roster cutdown before the regular season, Brohm was signed Wednesday night by the Buffalo Bills to their active roster, a source said.
The Packers had an open roster spot after waiving wide receiver Jake Allen and attempted to retain Brohm by offering the same two-year deal as the Bills did. But in the end, the Packers’ second-round pick in 2008 thought it best to go to a team searching for a quarterback, not stay on one that has its long-term answer at the position in Aaron Rodgers.
Brohm also gets a chance to be reunited with Eric Wood, Brohm’s center when the two were at the University of Louisville together. Wood was the Bill’s second first-round pick in the ’09 draft.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/70434227.html

The rap on Brohm: can't make quick decisions, king of the check downs.

I've often thought how fortunate we were that Louisville's formation made more sense to GB than Michigan's since both Henne and Brohm were comparably rated going into the draft....and also wondered whether if GB had taken Henne @56, would we have taken Brohm @57. No doubt, between Long, Merling, Langford, Henne and Thomas, the gods were smiling on us that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brohm is garbage, just like the Qb's they already have.

Good move by Buffalo. When Pennington went down, some might remember that I was campaigning for the Dolphins to sign him off the Packers PS. Instead they went out and traded for Thigpen, which was also a good move. I really wasn't even thinking that Thigpen was available at the time, and he is a much better fit for the Dolphins.

Brohm is still a very nice pickup by the Bills, and gives them a young QB they can try and groom. I am not really sure why he hasn't caught on yet in the NFL, but a change of teams will only help.

Guess they better get a coach that runs the west coast offense...it's Brohms only chance....

I thought he'd be something when I watched him in college. Curious to see if he can succeed at all up in Buffalo.

Nice move by Buffalo I reckon. It's not like Edwards or Fitzpatrick are the future. Turn over every stone, you never know.

Run game second to none in the division? How can you even say that with a straight face knowing that every team in the division has a multitude of good backs in each backfield?? Pure homerism.

Grove one of the strongest centers? Are we talking about the same guy? He's a versatile multi-positional player on the oline at best. One of those 6th spot rotational guys that can play different positions on the line if someone gets hurt. Instead of doing that, he'll start for you guys..

Everything you said is so overinflated with dolphin love it's really off base.

Jets will probably finish last in the division, with a close fight with the fins for that distinction.

I was a fan of this one as well....

Back
Top Bottom