Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score

IDK if Flores is just trying to keep the situation from hemorrhaging more, but I don't see how Howard comes back to play for Miami after that statement yesterday. That statement burned what was left of a crumbling bridge imo.

IDK if Flores is just trying to keep the situation from hemorrhaging more, but I don't see how Howard comes back to play for Miami after that statement yesterday. That statement burned what was left of a crumbling bridge imo.
Money talks if they pay him he’ll be fine and happy. If they don’t pay him they’ll be fine as they control the entire situation as Howard is under contract for 4 years.

Money talks if they pay him he’ll be fine and happy. If they don’t pay him they’ll be fine as they control the entire situation as Howard is under contract for 4 years.
Until next year when he wants more money cause he didn't understand what he signed.

I mean yeah they can pay him, but how will the locker room be? Disrupted? How will Jones feel with his name being aired out there like that for his contract?

Until next year when he wants more money cause he didn't understand what he signed.
Either way he can talk all he wants, he has no choice but to show up and play well. Not showing up loses him money. Showing up and playing poorly means he could get cut and risks losing out on his current contract and has to sign for even less money with another team.

Either way he can talk all he wants, he has no choice but to show up and play well. Not showing up loses him money. Showing up and playing poorly means he could get cut and risks losing out on his current contract and has to sign for even less money with another team.
His contract is guaranteed this year. So you are okay with cutting him, paying him and not getting any return?

Flores being positive and expressing open mindedness is smart at multiple levels. Either he loves X and the willingness to have dialogue is sincere or, if he gets dealt, the Dolphins are trying to build up value by not sounding desperate.

If offers are along the lines of a second and an average player, no way would I deal him.

My prediction is they work something out with X.

One side benefit here. The microscope on X distracts the shiny-object-media from over-analyzing Tua’s every toss.

this is why the "super easy cap friendly resolutions" X mentioned in his statement struck me as BS.

if all their proposals were so generous and team friendly, and would have left him feeling warm, loved, valued and respected, the team would have done one of them already.

doesn't make sense to just ignore all kinds of thoughtful solutions if you want to work things out with a player.

Back
Top Bottom