Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

Money talks if they pay him he’ll be fine and happy. If they don’t pay him they’ll be fine as they control the entire situation as Howard is under contract for 4 years.

I have no evidence for this, but I'm confident X has other voices in his ear besides his agent. Vets who have been there/done that, for example. His agent is getting advice from other agents. I'm confident his agent has put out feelers with other teams. We can't make this sound like it's X vs Miami in isolation.

Sadly, either those voices are being ignored or the voices he respects aren't giving good advice. Flo has been around. He knows how and when to deal with egos and personalities. I hope he or someone can get X to see the situation. I still say the fact he hasn't been traded is either no team is offering the money he want, or, no team is offering Miami the trade they want, or both.

I have no evidence for this, but I'm confident X has other voices in his ear besides his agent. Vets who have been there/done that, for example. His agent is getting advice from other agents. I'm confident his agent has put out feelers with other teams. We can't make this sound like it's X vs Miami in isolation.

Sadly, either those voices are being ignored or the voices he respects aren't giving good advice. Flo has been around. He knows how and when to deal with egos and personalities. I hope he or someone can get X to see the situation. I still say the fact he hasn't been traded is either no team is offering the money he want, or, no team is offering Miami the trade they want, or both.
there is no way we get in trade what he is worth to us as starting CB in 2021.

so other avenues need to be explored.

Yeah I can't believe he just asked for more guaranteed money and Miami didn't do that. If that's the case big fail on Miami's end.
It depends. Without concrete specifics, it all just pie in the sky.

Really hard to sympathize with Howard on this one. Players know when they sign a contract that it's only a matter of time before someone makes more. Usually the next one up, unless your N. Suh.

As far as working it out, that's tough to do when a player has requested a trade.

Really hard to sympathize with Howard on this one. Players know when they sign a contract that it's only a matter of time before someone makes more. Usually the next one up, unless your N. Suh.

As far as working it out, that's tough to do when a player has requested a trade.
His agent when he signed the deal was not looking out for Howard's best interests lol

the alternative to trading him at a deep discount is keeping him.

"keeping him" has several variables.
Yes they do, but only if the team is willing.

It is my belief that he desire are large portion of his remaining contract to be gauranteed, and that the team has no intention of doing that. There wouldn't be many variables if that is the team's position.

If that's the case, not seeing many viable options.

Sucks, yes.......

Yes they do.

It is my belief that he desire are large portion of his remaining contract to be gauranteed, and that the team has no intention of doing that. There wouldn't be many variables if that is the team's position.

If that's the case, not seeing many viable options.

Sucks, yes.......
he's under contract for 3 or 4 more years.

if there are no good offers, we can just have him sit and eat it.

something will be worked out.

(i'd take him to hibachi. or buy him a happy meal)

Says who? Howard?
It's pretty obvious. Agent and Howard parted ways soon after the deal. Howard didn't even understand what he was signing. What agent doesn't tell their client what they're signing? Hell, maybe the agent did and Howard is just too dumb to understand the language lol

he's under contract for 3 or 4 more years.

if there are no good offers, we can just have him sit and eat it.

something will be worked out.

(i'd take him to hibachi. or buy him a happy meal)
Well, making him sit and eat it is certainly an option if they are willing to suffer the cap consequences, which they obviously are not.

It may look bad but if Rodgers could return to Green Bay after all the major animosity that existed there X can stay a Dolphins. Both sides gives a little and figure it out. It's the best result for all concerned.

Back
Top Bottom