Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores believes “there’s a way” to work things out with Xavien Howard

His agent when he signed the deal was not looking out for Howard's best interests lol
By making X the highest paid CB at the time? Yeah, what a jerk

It's his new agent who doesn't get a cut of that contact who is causing all this mess. He is the one who isn't looking out for Howard unless he knows Howard is physically limited moving forward. Then he's shady...but he's an agent so we already knew that.

Flores being positive and expressing open mindedness is smart at multiple levels. Either he loves X and the willingness to have dialogue is sincere or, if he gets dealt, the Dolphins are trying to build up value by not sounding desperate.

If offers are along the lines of a second and an average player, no way would I deal him.

My prediction is they work something out with X.

One side benefit here. The microscope on X distracts the shiny-object-media from over-analyzing Tua’s every toss.
I agree. Flores is saying the right things. I don't know if it will work out or anything. X has no leverage and no options. He will most likely either play or lose a ton of money. If some teams gives Miami a bounty, they will trade him but otherwise there's no benefit to giving him away or wrecking their long-term cap and setting a bad precedent by restructuring the contract.

I don't know, he made that Instagram post after he had talked with Flo. That to me says Karen, I mean X didn't like what she heard.
That was a strategy decision by X. He either escalated by demanding a trade or didn't. He has no power here. All he can do is yell loudly. But it hurts him in the long run.

The team could be saying we are not going to renegotiate a contract we just did or they structured the contract the way they did because of concerns over his durability.

I’m not a lawyer, don’t even play one on TV but if it is fear of his durability couldn’t they just offer to guarantee 2022 as a percentage of games played in 2021?

If he plays 50% of games he gets 50% of 2022 guaranteed, etc. I’m sure they could tie other incentives in as well.

X gets the guaranteed money he appears to be seeking and the Dolphins gets a motivated player.

There's a way, but Flo may not like it. ;-)

servicing the ween?!?!

Thanks for the memories X (when you weren't injured)..........don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!

The team could be saying we are not going to renegotiate a contract we just did or they structured the contract the way they did because of concerns over his durability.

I’m not a lawyer, don’t even play one on TV but if it is fear of his durability couldn’t they just offer to guarantee 2022 as a percentage of games played in 2021?

If he plays 50% of games he gets 50% of 2022 guaranteed, etc. I’m sure they could tie other incentives in as well.

X gets the guaranteed money he appears to be seeking and the Dolphins gets a motivated player.
just add a $200,000 incentive per interception this year!

if he repeats last year, he can make an extra $2,000,000 buckaroos!

bingo bango bongo!!

Hell I think X has been pissy every damn year hes been here. He probably will only be happy if he is the first player in history with an escalating contract that increases every year to be 10% higher than the top paid player at CB on June 1st
I just can't with him saying Miami doesn't respect him, they gave him a chance out of college by drafting him, paid him for 2 years when he really only played one, stood by him during his little domestic dispute, made him the highest paid CB at the time despite his knee injuries. If anyone's being disrespectful it's him.

X has been a naughty boy!!! Of course they can work it out. Just ask this guy!!!! Lmaooooo
spank season 2 GIF by Blunt Talk

Back
Top Bottom