Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

So you expect a player to look like an all pro in his first game or else he sucks?. Btw, I said those are players you might be able to build with. I never said they were great. It's ok to have two or 3 guys that are good to go along with two more that are great. Don't expect 5 pro bowlers up front cause that normally doesn't happen.
I think they have an opportunity to prove themselves this season. I’m just not writing them in as starter material let alone great or all pro. I think it’s TBD on Dieter and as for Davis - he’s your swing tackle or swing guard IMO.

So a Rookie starting in his first game, grading out as a top our top lineman and 16th out of 64 guards is not a starting piece of the offensive line? Sorry, that is far from mediocre.

Deiter is exactly the type of guard we can have start on the line...smart, understands twists and knows how to pass off...knows his assignments and reads the rush.
Not sold on Dieter yet.
Just my opinion.

I haven’t seen anything from Davis and Deiter to believe they are building blocks. Would they make the Philly OL or Dallas OL? If the answer is NO, then they are backup types, don’t settle for mediocre.
I view them as #6, #7 types on a good OL.
If you settle for mediocre, expect the same, more mediocrity. 8-8. No thanks.

Preston has flashed.. Prince who knows, he wasn’t great at OSU. The entire OL is a dumpster fire.
Grant could be supplemental type scheme player. Wilson and Parker likely trade bait.

On DEF- Godcheaux, Baker, Minkah, Howard, Wilkins. Maybe Van Gink. Maybe R Nemediche.

I think we may have crowned baker too early. He sure played small Sunday.

I think they have an opportunity to prove themselves this season. I’m just not writing them in as starter material let alone great or all pro. I think it’s TBD on Dieter and as for Davis - he’s your swing tackle or swing guard IMO.

Yep I think Davis may go down long term as depth for both. Depth guard that can also play 3rd tackle.

We didn’t really pay Davis like depth we probably paid him like your 4th or 5th best lineman. I look forward to the day where he’s actually that. Prefer 6th or 7th

Flores may not be here for the duration of his 5 year contract but he's sure gonna be around for at least 2 and probably 3 seasons for a few reasons:
  • Grier is following Ross's mandate to tear down and rebuild; Flores had to be knowledgeable of this and assured he would not be penalized for poor play by the scrubs he's stuck with.
  • It's the right thing to do on Ross's part; you don't hire under certain understandings and then go against your word and fire him and his entire staff; it's morally wrong and a tremendous red flag for any subsequent incoming coaches.
  • More pragmatically speaking, after the Stills political call-out and his subsequent trading, Ross's forced "resignation" by the Players Coalition for the social working justice committee, the optics of firing a black head coach after selling him a bill of goods would be horrendous and Ross knows that.
It just ain't gonna happen!
What, does everyone just ignore these simple facts? We all knew it was coming, we were forewarned by Ross himself and yet we're talking about Ross firing a GM and Coach 1 game into the rebuild. Ain't happening fellas. This is going EXACTLY as it was planned, for once we implemented a plan and it's working. At this stage, he stands a better chance of getting fired for going 8-8 than he has for going 1-15, that's a fact, deal with it.

Why does everyone act like the anti-Flores crowd is talking about firing Flores tomorrow?

If these performances continue, and there are no signs of improved coaching, and the team finishes 0-16 or 1-15, I can’t see any legitimate reason why Flores shouldn’t be subject to being replaced. Same with Grier.

If you think he’s the wrong hire after 16 games, you don’t let him influence six draft picks in the first three rounds and free agent signings in the offseason.
Do you really expect this roster to win more than 2-3 games? It's been stripped to rebuild, losing is a byproduct of this. And why would Flores be fired for not being able to shine these turds when he didn't pick em? He is playing the hand he was dealt, you can't expect a royal flush when you're dealt all face cards. If you're going to point a finger you point it at the one assembling the roster and the one assembling the roster is operating under direct orders from the boss. No one is getting fired this year, and probably not after next either.

Deal with what? I’m totally good with it. We just need the payoff at the end of the year.

Well that and on decision day someone to tell bama thanks but it’s time for me to move on.

People are going to be waiting around for Tua’s decision like priests looking for a puff of white smoke at the Vatican.

All I know is that if Flores ultimately fails in Miami, the next HC must have prior HC experience. We’ve been burned way too much with the “hot coordinator” hires.

HC requires an entirely different skill set and mindset than coordinators and position coaches. The only way to be certain a candidate has that is if they were proven capable of leading a team as HC on some level.

Well, im not sure that I agree. But I will definitely be done with hiring linebacker coaches

Its not like Flores has a lot to work with. But we didn't even line up right in the red zone with a defensive HC. And playing trash like Rowe and Wilkins just because they played for him in NE is far from inspiring.

Sure we got the NE LB coach and WR coach, I know some like to think that this will eventually make us the Florida Patriots (unlike the last 10 teams who tried this) but I can't help but think the magic in NE comes from Palpatine and Brady, not the WR coach....

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t it? Look at the last 20 years.
We could win the Super Bowl and posters around here would complain we didn't do it correctly. Like a bunch of housewives sitting around bitching their husbands don't make enough money. If you're that unhappy, find another husband.

We could win the Super Bowl and posters around here would complain we didn't do it correctly. Like a bunch of housewives sitting around bitching their husbands don't make enough money. If you're that unhappy, find another husband.

And if we lose another 20 years posters will still think everything is perfectly fine and that the current regime is the best one since Shula. People are emotionally invested in their favorite team and that team has been inept for going on 2 decades. Why are you surprised people are unhappy?

Back
Top Bottom