Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
“At some point as a quarterback, you have to take a sack. That’s the play,” Flores said, via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “But the guy has a little bit of a gunslinger mentality and likes to let it rip. Obviously, that was a nice one to Preston [Williams], but I think we want to play smarter than that in that situation. Not just let the ball go like we did.”

ProFootballTalk: Brian Flores wants Josh Rosen to rein in "gunslinger mentality"
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-josh-rosen-to-rein-in-gunslinger-mentality/

He got in a tight situation, looked for his security blanket, and it worked. He trusts P-Dub...as he should.

I don't think he cares if he throws it deep, just not falling and launch it toward a WR. Easy pick against a good corner.

He might be referring to the one play Rosen was being taken to the ground and he threw a lame duck pass that Williams came back for. That was a bad decision that worked out well.

If that’s the case, I tend to agree with him.
I believe it was. Anybody watching when that ball was released knew it was likely to get picked. It turned out ok, but in most cases, it doesn't. Still, I thought Rosen did well, considering the OL issues.

first thing flores has said that i don't like. let the kid play.
I don't get it either.

That's the kind of play you have to make, when games are on the line and things are going to hell.

Do I want him doing it in the first half of a close game? Maybe not, but if you are down by 4, late in the game, that type of play is what seperates lunchbox Joe and top tier QBs.

I don't get it either.

That's the kind of play you have to make, when games are on the line and things are going to hell.

Do I want him doing it in the first half of a close game? Maybe not, but if you are down by 4, late in the game, that type of play is what seperates lunchbox Joe and top tier QBs.

Yeah if the ball is thrown on a line to the WR as Rosen is falling to the ground. That was a lame duck toss up where Preston made a great catch! More often than not that type of throw gets picked off.

I don't get it either.

Until he does it and gets picked and everyone starts bashing him for making dumb decisions...

He might be referring to the one play Rosen was being taken to the ground and he threw a lame duck pass that Williams came back for. That was a bad decision that worked out well.

If that’s the case, I tend to agree with him.

I think it's clear he's referring to this play, and Flores is 100% right, with regular starters that gets picked.

Come on Coach, let the Kid play, i wasn't to keen on the Rosen Trade, but after what i saw last night, i believe we may be on to something here, give Rosen some burn with the First Team this week, and we may all start to feel better about the Dolphins Future.

“At some point as a quarterback, you have to take a sack. That’s the play,” Flores said, via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “But the guy has a little bit of a gunslinger mentality and likes to let it rip. Obviously, that was a nice one to Preston [Williams], but I think we want to play smarter than that in that situation. Not just let the ball go like we did.”

ProFootballTalk: Brian Flores wants Josh Rosen to rein in "gunslinger mentality"
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-josh-rosen-to-rein-in-gunslinger-mentality/

I was listening to his post game interview last night and Flores seems to be trying to hard to come off as a hard a**. He saw a lot of good things from a lot of his young players last night and he found a way to put a negative spin on everything. It is possible to be positive and critical. It wasn't like the coach he learned under was a jedi in the area of motivation.

Back
Top Bottom