Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality

I agree with him on that one play, but at the end of the day, the result (whatever it may be) is what really matters.

I’m taking it one game at a time this year with the players and this new regime. I agree and understand where Flores is coming from. Gunslinger mentality leads to lots of turnovers, need to be smart with the ball and eat the sack.

If Flores doesn't want a "gunslinger" under center, then he had better keep the Ewok on the bench. He's never seen a pass he didn't think he could make, results be damned. That's what has screwed him over his entire career.

He might be referring to the one play Rosen was being taken to the ground and he threw a lame duck pass that Williams came back for. That was a bad decision that worked out well.

If that’s the case, I tend to agree with him.

That I believe is exactly what Coach Flores was refering to.

Sometimes you just can't attempt to throw it away, if a defrnder seems close to you, or has a piece of you, a throw to the sidelines can easily turn to popped into the air ip for grabs pass that a team can not have.

I thought the play was good. Preston Williams was 1 v 1 with a smaller corner. I've seen better decisions...I've seen worse, but from the looks of things Rosen trusts Williams in a 1 v 1 battle...and so do I.

I thought the play was good. Preston Williams was 1 v 1 with a smaller corner. I've seen better decisions...I've seen worse, but from the looks of things Rosen trusts Williams in a 1 v 1 battle...and so do I.

If the corner had any field awareness he easily could have jumped in front of the pass and picked it off.

Doesn't want a gunslinger...then why the heck did he bring in Fitzmagic? That dude goes for broke. Good to see Rosen attacking the field like he did Thursday. He did get lucky with "that play," no doubt. But it was a beautiful lucky. After all the training camp days of Rosen playing it safe with check downs, it was good to see him open it up in the game. Flores is advocating for a balance and we all get that. Next game will be interesting to see Rosen's approach.

If the corner had any field awareness he easily could have jumped in front of the pass and picked it off.
I need to see the replay from a different angle. was the throw to the opposite side the WRbwas on?

Smart Flores, I've noticed this about Rosen as well.

People get excited about gunslingers, but the smart QB's like Brady pretty much never throw the killer picks, he's the ultimate "safe" qb imho and that's partly what makes him the GOAT.

Long live coach Flo, best football decision Ross has ever made!

Last edited:
Its a proper response from coach. Its good to know that Josh has that in him and can shake off a bad throw and continue to get aggressive when he needs to, but I think coach Flo is not in the business of letting this performance get to big in Rosens’s head.

There was a lot of positive stuff in there despite playing with Dallas Thomas’ less athletic brother at LT, but the pick was truly a “on the QB” mistake and the early floater to Williams was a 50/50ish ball.

Definitely a lot to disect for them in the film room this week, good and bad . . . .but I think most people were very encouraged by the performance.

Again to have the Oline look that bad in week 1 of the preseason, first team, is about as bad as I have seen it around these parts, and that is saying something. We are inferior at 8 of the 9 starting base spots on both lines at this moment . . . And the one definitive win (Tunsil), did not play last night.

Only so much magic can save em.

I didn't read every post but I think Flores means for Rosen to be smart. Those kinds of throws are normally INT's. Let it rip yes but be smart too.

There are game situations where 'gunslinger' is what a team needs. The problem is a QB who gets in the habit of refusing to take a sack and ALWAYS looking for that 'on a prayer' pass to keep a drive alive. Yeah, I like a gunslinger, but not 10-15 times a game. Sometimes a sack IS the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom