Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Wants Josh Rosen To Rein In "gunslinger Mentality

If Rosen could ID a middle linebacker he wouldnt have thrown a seed into the chest of one last night. I kid. Sort of.

He might be referring to the one play Rosen was being taken to the ground and he threw a lame duck pass that Williams came back for. That was a bad decision that worked out well.

If that’s the case, I tend to agree with him.

Exactly!

I don't get it either.

That's the kind of play you have to make, when games are on the line and things are going to hell.

Do I want him doing it in the first half of a close game? Maybe not, but if you are down by 4, late in the game, that type of play is what seperates lunchbox Joe and top tier QBs.

Yes... the coach is clearly not referring to “Hail Mary” time in a game...or 4th and ten with less than 2 minutes left.

I said in other thread that some of those throws looked cutler like. Hell maybe well have our own version or cutler-marshall... just with a winning spin. I guess I'd need to see Rosen line up in wildcat first.

But yeah you gotta have a lot of that mentality would just rather see the mistakes deeper down field. Favre was gonna throw 2-3 a game that were any bodys ball but it was gonna be 40 yards down field.

I believe it was rob johnson back in the days when the Bill's IIRC had a pretty good squad but he was not gonna throw the ball away to save his life because it hurt his stats. Yeah you cant have that

“At some point as a quarterback, you have to take a sack. That’s the play,” Flores said, via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “But the guy has a little bit of a gunslinger mentality and likes to let it rip. Obviously, that was a nice one to Preston [Williams], but I think we want to play smarter than that in that situation. Not just let the ball go like we did.”

ProFootballTalk: Brian Flores wants Josh Rosen to rein in "gunslinger mentality"
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-josh-rosen-to-rein-in-gunslinger-mentality/

wow. Flores is a joke. You want a QB who knows his receivers well enough to trust them with throws like that. Besides, it's preseason. Also, if anything is going to get done behind this offensive line, he'll have to make plays like this because he's going to be partly in the grasp most of the time. Big Ben and Rodgers have made a career out of being a "gunslinger"

I need to see the replay from a different angle. was the throw to the opposite side the WRbwas on?

The pass was basically a duck. Rosen couldn't put much on it and had Williams not been aware enough to fight back toward the ball it would have been an easy pick.

Smart Flores, I've noticed this about Rosen as well.

People get excited about gunslingers, but the smart QB's like Brady pretty much never throw the killer picks, he's the ultimate "safe" qb imho and that's partly what makes him the GOAT.

Long live coach Flo, best football decision Ross has ever made!
Montana was the same as Brady in that regard. You never got a cheap pick in a game that mattered.

He had to mean that one play. It was an awful decision. Take the sack unless it’s 4th down and you have to put it up or the game is over.

Sack or interception?

Thats what it comes down too. Rosen was lucky on that play.

I just like seeing people being honest and consistent. If Rosen lobs that ball while being sacked and it's intercepted you would tell your qb not make that kind of pass. You can't change and say it's ok to make that kind of play just because it worked out. You have to be consistent regardless of the actual outcome.

The pass was basically a duck. Rosen couldn't put much on it and had Williams not been aware enough to fight back toward the ball it would have been an easy pick.

The play was run for Williams. He had his man in the spin cycle and I find it hard for him to drive back to the ball without interfering with the WR. Do I want him to throw 30 passes a game with a 300 lb lineman pulling him down? No, but the time he did it, the odds were in his favor:

That throw he made to Williams was great but it was not a good decision. That kind of throw is begging to to taken back for six.

He should have just dumped it out of bounds and lived to fight another day.

To be fair to him the Ol was awful and he rarely had time to do anything.

First preseason game I expect to see some issues but Rosen looks good. I’m more impressed with him than I ever was with Tanny. Rosen has a higher ceiling but my concern is. With durability because of the ****ing line. The offensive line is pure **** again. We have a lot of picks in 2020 and we need to invest in the line. Rosen made throws that Tanny never could at 22 years old. He just needs more reps and some protection. I do think that Tanny was probably more durable, ****er was tough.

Back
Top Bottom