Brian Hartline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline

I hate to say it but. No one likes training camp and maybe, just maybe Hartline thinks he is a lock and could afford to take camp off? Just a question/thought? But I agree he will not be game ready physically. Mentally he should be fine.

Not likely for someone in a contract year. That usually happens with a high paid vet that doesn't want to risk injury in preseason.
Not someone playing for their second contract. Beside Harline has a chance to make as much this year as he has the 1st 3 seasons.

Don"t cut hartline that would be stupid but you know how stupid jeff and the dolphins are

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by El Calebra
I hate to say it but. No one likes training camp and maybe, just maybe Hartline thinks he is a lock and could afford to take camp off? Just a question/thought? But I agree he will not be game ready physically. Mentally he should be fine.

If he has this mentality, cut his ass right now.

Man!! Players get injured!! To even suggest that Hartline, who's been one of the only consistent receivers we've had - save Bess - should be cut because of injury? OK, lets say we cut him? What then? You think for certain we have someone to replace him? That thinking is just really, really . . . uhmmmm . . . dumb. You may not like the guy, but he's the only proven receiver we have besides Bess. Enough said.

I know our WR corp is terrible.... might just be the worst in the league but Y cant we cut Hartline? What has he done for this team the last 2-3 years that everyone loves him so much? Was it his 500 yards and 1 TD last season that would have people going crazy if we did cut him. Or could it be the 600 yards and 1 TD from 2010 that was so impressive that he has to make the team or this FO is stupid? I just dont get it. He would be a number 3-5 WR on any decent team and we r talking about him like he is a lock to make the team, like we have to have him here or we r doomed. He aint going to win us games and we most likely wont resign him next year so why keep him?

I just can't believe he would be faking it (ala Matt Roth). He would be leaving a lot of potential money on the table looking ahead to free agency right. Just seems strange......do you think he plays this preseason?

He's not faking it. He hasn't been cleared to practice yet. It's just not the "calf strain" that was initially reported a long, long, long time ago...and Joe Philbin has shown that the one area where he will not be forthcoming with the media is injuries.

Also, why cut the guy..if he needs some time, put him on the PUP and see how he is mid-season.

I bet you it's his knee and not a calf. The only thing I can think of is he seriously cut himself and made a deep laceration that needs time to heal.

He has done nothing to warrant him thinking he is safe, no matter how bad this WR corp is. Even if that is the case, he needs time to get in sync with Tannehill before game 1. So he should be out there running routes and catching balls from Tannehill. Also he is going to be so out of shape he wont be able to play more than 2 plays.

I know our WR corp is terrible.... might just be the worst in the league but Y cant we cut Hartline? What has he done for this team the last 2-3 years that everyone loves him so much? Was it his 500 yards and 1 TD last season that would have people going crazy if we did cut him. Or could it be the 600 yards and 1 TD from 2010 that was so impressive that he has to make the team or this FO is stupid? I just dont get it. He would be a number 3-5 WR on any decent team and we r talking about him like he is a lock to make the team, like we have to have him here or we r doomed. He aint going to win us games and we most likely wont resign him next year so why keep him?

Come on, man. Get with the program. He is blazing fast, stretched the field for Bush to rack up his 1000 yards last year. Consistently commands double coverage. Teams seriously game plan against him. I rather cut bess instead.

Oh, and we will certainly resign him to a large, well-deserved contract next year.

and would appreciate it if you would change your avatar to something sexy.

how about experience for one. He along with Bess has the experience we need for our younger WR's at this point in time.

Experience at being mediocre doesn't cut it here, nor will it it push the youngster to their full potential. If you must have some experience on the field, then keep one, bess can be that one.

Come on, man. Get with the program. He is blazing fast, stretched the field for Bush to rack up his 1000 yards last year. Consistently commands double coverage. Teams seriously game plan against him. I rather cut bess instead.

Oh, and we will certainly resign him to a large, well-deserved contract next year.

and would appreciate it if you would change your avatar to something sexy.

what in the **** did I just read? not sure if trolling or....

If he doesn't participate at all in training camp then I say cut him, it's hardly like his body of work prior to this year gives him the right to expect to make the team.

Back
Top Bottom