Bring Big Vince Home | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Big Vince Home

What do you mean when you say "top 10 contracts"? If you're talking monetary value, how are you adjusting for the fact that league salaries go up over time.

I have, I just think your plan isn't very promising. Wilfork is not the player he once was and Revis doesn't like to hang around very long. And there's no guarantee that we can sign either player if we abandon the quest for Suh. I believe that if we go with your plan, we'll have to address both positions again in 2 years and we won't be thrilled with the job Wilfork does for us.

I just gave you the results of the top 10 $ contracts ever handed it. Take it at face value, and stop trying to parse it.

I said McCourty.

What do you mean when you say "top 10 contracts"? If you're talking monetary value, how are you adjusting for the fact that league salaries go up over time.

I have, I just think your plan isn't very promising. Wilfork is not the player he once was and Revis doesn't like to hang around very long. And there's no guarantee that we can sign either player if we abandon the quest for Suh. I believe that if we go with your plan, we'll have to address both positions again in 2 years and we won't be thrilled with the job Wilfork does for us.

BTW, I don't think Revis will be available, but if he is, I'd take him in half a heartbeat over Suh. Adding him to us and subtracting him from the Pats could be the key that finally gets up past them. If they keep him it's a lot less likely, he is absolutely the key to their defense.

I just gave you the results of the top 10 $ contracts ever handed it. Take it at face value, and stop trying to parse it.

Ahh, that makes it fairly meaningless in terms of comparison since it severely limits which signings to which you can compare it. It's like trying to analyze statements with no context.

I said McCourty.

Suh is worth more then both...the best DT in the game, one of the most disruptive players in the NFL is more value then a washed up DT and a good safety...

Suh is worth more then both...the best DT in the game, one of the most disruptive players in the NFL is more value then a washed up DT and a good safety...

Are you placing any value on taking them away from the key rival we have to get past? Pats want them both back - if no one is willing to pay more than the Pats, they will be back there as starters next year.

Are you placing any value on taking them away from the key rival we have to get past? Pats want them both back - if no one is willing to pay more than the Pats, they will be back there as starters next year.

Suh is still worth more...

Suh is still worth more...

One thing we disagree on is whether Wilfork is washed up. Obviously he is not Suh, but I watched a lot of Pats last year, and he was very solid, even though not
any longer at Pro Bowl form. He could be better in his second year back from injury. 33 is not ancient - there are DT's who have performed at a high level when older than that, including for us.

def. worth a look esp. if we dont land Suh...still has a good 2 years left in him, but he may decide to go back to the pats for a reduced rate if theyll do it, over ending his career with any other team for a little more $...

Vince has always had a disconnect with the Dolphins. Don't think he'd consider us going home.

Vince has always had a disconnect with the Dolphins. Don't think he'd consider us going home.

Maybe he wasn't too happy we picked his long-gone teammate Vernon Carey over him.

Do yourself a favor and watch both of them play. They are both equally as dominant at their respective positions on the field. Suh plays a position that will not lend itself to being "sexy" enough to be in the conversation for an MVP.

A defensive tackle hasn't won the defensive MVP award in 15 years. The game has changed to passing the ball and guys who "sack the QB" from the outside get more exposure than guys who are inside, dealing with consistent double teams and collapsing the middle.

Like I've said, yea, JJ Watt is dominant, best defensive player in the league . . . but throwing statistical figures in a comparison study does very little to distinguish the 2.

Well, I didn't throw those stats, but here's one I like: Watt was 1st team all-pro DE and 2nd all-pro DT in 2014. Let that sink in for a second. Watt is so good he earned the highest honors at a position he doesn't even play full-time. So no, they are not equally dominant at their respective positions because first of all, Watt doesn't even have a position. He's everywhere. He's a ghost but he can take the shape of a werewolf any time he likes and destroy you. You can't run at him. You run away from him, you still better account for him.You want to pass? He can sack you, but if he doesn't he can still stop you. He can drop into coverage. He can bat down your balls and slap them. Not enough? He can catch and block. He is your best TE and doesn't even play offense. Do you even realize how valuable it is to have a player who can do anything? Who you don't know where he's going to line up or what he's going to do?

So, please. I love Suh. I would really like to have him, but you have to stop this nonsense.

Why does anyone worry about the money? Its not hurting any of us in the least and the guy dolling it out is one of the richest owners.

I'm all in for signing suh. Even though it's not our money how much he makes affects the the rest of the roster and how you build your team, so you should care a little

Back
Top Bottom