Bring Big Vince Home | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Big Vince Home

Won't happen.

Vince has ALWAYS hated the dolphins, long before he was a patsie. He was a bucs fan growing up.
U
He has said more than a few times he would never ever play for the dolphins.and I believe him.

He actually was a Bills fan growing up, which is why he "hates" the Dolphins. Bills/Dolphins in the 90's was arguably the most fierce rivalry in football (and he was drafted by New England, not exactly the Bills friend and made due with that for 10 years.)

And in 2010, before he got resigned by New England, he never ruled out playing for the Dolphins, going as far to say that he'd be interested in playing for the Dolphins if the opportunity presented itself. Now this could be just agent talk or whatever, but don't underestimate the power of money/hometown late in his career.

Suh the most feared name on defense in football? Do you know about a guy named JJ Watt? He runs laps around every other defensive lineman in the game.

Runs laps around Suh? :lol:

Way to go to the extreme.

JJ Watt is the best defensive player in football, but I stand by my comment of Suh being the "most feared" one. He's right behind JJ Watt.

Runs laps around Suh? :lol:

Way to go to the extreme.

JJ Watt is the best defensive player in football, but I stand by my comment of Suh being the "most feared" one. He's right behind JJ Watt.

I'm not generally a fan of using statistics to make every case, but since both Suh and Watt are both constantly double-teamed, there's some validity to comparison. In 2014:

Suh had 53 tackles, including 44 solo, and 8.5 sacks

Watt had 78 tackles, including 59 solo and 20.5 sacks.

So, Watt had 47% more tackles, 34% more solo tackles and 141% more sacks.

Suh is a great player. Watt is beyond great. I stand by "laps arouund."

Forget over-priced Suh, bring Big Vince home to plug the hole in the middle, then use the savings to sign Revis or McCourty, whichever one the Pats let go.

Yeah, why take a guy who's the best at his position and still in his prime when you can sign who's at the end of his career, is coming off his two worst years, and likely doesn't play all the way to the end of whatever contract he signs? I want no part of Wilfork at this point in his career. He's 33 years old and just about done.

Guys, my proposal wasn't to sign Vince instead of Suh. My proposal was to sign Vince + McCourty (I think the Pats keep Revis) for maybe about the same money as Suh alone, or even a few million $'s less. I think the combo. of a run-stuffing DT with probably 2 good years left, and one of the best coverage safetys in the NFL would do more for us than one disruptive DT. And taking both of those guys away from the Pats will improve our competitive position.

Suh the most feared name on defense in football? Do you know about a guy named JJ Watt? He runs laps around every other defensive lineman in the game.

So we shouldn't sign Suh because in your opinion he's only the SECOND most feared name on defense in football? We do love our mediocrity, don't we?

I'm not generally a fan of using statistics to make every case, but since both Suh and Watt are both constantly double-teamed, there's some validity to comparison. In 2014:

Then you don't understand what you are watching....

Iw ill freely admit that Watt is perhaps the best player in the NFL, but Suh is great and, while behind Watt, it is not as far as you are trying to make it out (your stats are baseless....compare Suhs stats to other 3techs in the NFL and you will see how good he is...)

Statistical evidence is a very poor argument when analyzing defensive lineman. Suh is elite, just like JJ Watt is. I'm not trying to downplay JJ Watt . . . he's probably the most dominant 5 tech in NFL history, already.

One guy is clearly more effective against the run (Suh) and the other guy is clearly more effective against the pass (JJ Watt). Both are equally as disruptive and Suh is double teamed more often than JJ Watt, although both guys are double teamed quite often.

It's apples and oranges. "Laps around" is way of base.

Suh has never been and will never be in the conversation for league MVP. Watt is by far the better player. He's miles ahead of anyone. Suh might be one in a decade. Watt is one in a century. If Watt had hit FA the entire league would be going crazy.

So we shouldn't sign Suh because in your opinion he's only the SECOND most feared name on defense in football? We do love our mediocrity, don't we?

Not sure where you read that I said that. I said we should sign a combo. of players instead of Suh, nothing to do with JJ Watt.

Fine, but for us to have a shot at the division, we must get stronger AND the Pats must get weaker. They've won it 6 years in a row now, and will keep winning it until something fundamentally changes. Suh alone is not going to bring us the division if they stay at full strength.

Back
Top Bottom