Bring Big Vince Home | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Big Vince Home

Suh has never been and will never be in the conversation for league MVP. Watt is by far the better player. He's miles ahead of anyone. Suh might be one in a decade. Watt is one in a century. If Watt had hit FA the entire league would be going crazy.

Do yourself a favor and watch both of them play. They are both equally as dominant at their respective positions on the field. Suh plays a position that will not lend itself to being "sexy" enough to be in the conversation for an MVP.

A defensive tackle hasn't won the defensive MVP award in 15 years. The game has changed to passing the ball and guys who "sack the QB" from the outside get more exposure than guys who are inside, dealing with consistent double teams and collapsing the middle.

Like I've said, yea, JJ Watt is dominant, best defensive player in the league . . . but throwing statistical figures in a comparison study does very little to distinguish the 2.

Suh alone is not going to bring us the division if they stay at full strength.

Why would it be "Suh alone"? If we sign Suh, he's not going to be the only new face here come next season. And I just don't see why Wilfork on the decline is a good option for us.

Wilfork is declining...why do you think Belicheat is dumping him?

He looked so fat last year it was ridiculous.

Suh is dominant and would greatly improve this team.

I am amazed that some are against this?....Cam Wake and Vernon are going to be much more effective with Suh crashing the middle.

Wilfork is declining...why do you think Belicheat is dumping him?

He looked so fat last year it was ridiculous.

Suh is dominant and would greatly improve this team.

I am amazed that some are against this?....Cam Wake and Vernon are going to be much more effective with Suh crashing the middle.

Because we are taking talent away from New England DUH!

you mean talent they no longer want....

Wait....what?

Why would it be "Suh alone"? If we sign Suh, he's not going to be the only new face here come next season. And I just don't see why Wilfork on the decline is a good option for us.

salary cap. Suh alone will require work to fit under.

Because we are taking talent away from New England DUH!

you mean talent they no longer want....

Wait....what?

They want McCourty for sure, and Wilfork at the right number. There's a good chance both will end up back there next year.

You haven't been watching the Pats much have you? Every player they let go does nothing when he goes somewhere else. An old, 330 pound NT coming off of an injury doesn't seem like the same kind of impact move as bringing in Suh. What happens when he inevitably gets hurt again? No thanks. The last thing i want to hear is "dumbass dolphins grab our used up old Vince, don't they ever learn!?" from those ****y prick Pats fans.

You haven't been watching the Pats much have you? Every player they let go does nothing when he goes somewhere else. An old, 330 pound NT coming off of an injury doesn't seem like the same kind of impact move as bringing in Suh. What happens when he inevitably gets hurt again? No thanks. The last thing i want to hear is "dumbass dolphins grab our used up old Vince, don't they ever learn!?" from those ****y prick Pats fans.

Since I watch every Pats game, I would guess I'm watching more than you. What you said is not exactly true. Ty Law and Richard Seymour went to Pro Bowls after the Pats let them go. And I don't believe they've fully let Vince go, they'd like to bring him back for a lower salary cap hit. He had a solid 2014. Also, so far all the critics have failed to notice that I'm advocating Vince + McCourty instead of Suh. We can't do both under the salary cap.

Since you want to talk about history, how many mega-$ free agents have played to their contract value? I'll answer my own question - of the top 10 $ FA signings ever, at most 2 have been worth it (Peyton Manning, and arguably Mario Williams). And you know who was the first or second most expensive - Albert Haynesworth!

salary cap. Suh alone will require work to fit under.

If we couldn't do it, we wouldn't be pursuing him. Obviously you feel differently, so maybe you can tell us who we want that we won't be able to sign if we sign Suh. I don't see any real game changers out there except for Suh. Revis would be a nice pick up, but given the choice between Revis and Suh, I'd take Suh without hesitation. Even if you throw in a worn out Wilfork, I'm still taking Suh.

Since you want to talk about history, how many mega-$ free agents have played to their contract value? I'll answer my own question - of the top 10 $ FA signings ever, at most 2 have been worth it (Peyton Manning, and arguably Mario Williams). And you know who was the first or second most expensive - Albert Haynesworth!

Your answer is incomplete. Jerry Rice to the Raiders, Simeon Rice to Tampa, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe to the Ravens, Charles Woodson to the Packers, Kurt Warner to the Cardinals, Drew Brees to the Saints, Darrell Revis to the Pats ...all high profile signings that worked out very well for the teams that signed them.

picking up players who are used-up seems so Dolphins

Your answer is incomplete. Jerry Rice to the Raiders, Simeon Rice to Tampa, Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe to the Ravens, Charles Woodson to the Packers, Kurt Warner to the Cardinals, Drew Brees to the Saints, Darrell Revis to the Pats ...all high profile signings that worked out very well for the teams that signed them.

Did I say there's nevedr been a good FA signing? I gave you the results of the top 10 contracts.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

If we couldn't do it, we wouldn't be pursuing him. Obviously you feel differently, so maybe you can tell us who we want that we won't be able to sign if we sign Suh. I don't see any real game changers out there except for Suh. Revis would be a nice pick up, but given the choice between Revis and Suh, I'd take Suh without hesitation. Even if you throw in a worn out Wilfork, I'm still taking Suh.

You haven't been reading what I wrote.

Right, if you include stomping.

And this is why I believe both of you are right. I think Watt is more feared by coaches and coordinators because of they have to game-plan against both those guys, and Watt's a better player than Suh. And I think Suh is more feared by the players because he might try to hurt them, which is something Watt doesn't deliberately do.

"Most feared" doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both.

Did I say there's nevedr been a good FA signing? I gave you the results of the top 10 contracts.

What do you mean when you say "top 10 contracts"? If you're talking monetary value, how are you adjusting for the fact that league salaries go up over time.

You haven't been reading what I wrote.
I have, I just think your plan isn't very promising. Wilfork is not the player he once was and Revis doesn't like to hang around very long. And there's no guarantee that we can sign either player if we abandon the quest for Suh. I believe that if we go with your plan, we'll have to address both positions again in 2 years and we won't be thrilled with the job Wilfork does for us.

Back
Top Bottom