Brock Marion resigned!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Marion resigned!!

Well, now all we need is a few young studs along the O line, and this team is set. Where are we weak?

Originally posted by dolfan87
Where are we weak?

A certain rival "streak" comes to mind, but that will end this season! :evil: BWAHAHAHA
I have a feeling that some "streaks" may soon develop in our favor. ;) :D

Wonder what the terms of that contract was. I still want to see Tony Parrish take over Brian Walkers roll and have Arturo float between backing those 2 up and playing the 4th corner in dime. If we do that and Fletcher/Greenwood play better this year (and resign Bromell) then we could have an even BETTER defense then last year. Top 3 defense sounds nice if Turner can get this new offense into the top 8.

Also grab OG/OT Oliver Ross (the guy who shut down McCreary) for a 5th rounder from Pittsburgh and everything after that for FA signings is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Wonder what the terms of that contract was. I still want to see Tony Parrish take over Brian Walkers roll and have Arturo float between backing those 2 up and playing the 4th corner in dime. If we do that and Fletcher/Greenwood play better this year (and resign Bromell) then we could have an even BETTER defense then last year. Top 3 defense sounds nice if Turner can get this new offense into the top 8.

Why resign Bromell? We can easily trade for Alomar from the Mets if we want a spitter. I had it up to here with Bromell's 15 yard penalties.

I hate to say this...

but I don't think we should sign Bromell. I like him a lot, but with all the great moves we have made, we will not be able to sign him back (he's in demand). Besides, I feel Adewale Ogunleye and David Bowens can fill that void just fine. We have a more important need now and that is to add some more talent to the offensive line and grab a punter.

That Oliver Ross for a 5th round pick sounds really good. It sounds like Ross is a diamond in the rough, and a fifth round pick for him would be a huge bargain.

Brock Marion and Tony Parrish as our safeties...

THAT WOULD BE SWEET. But that is wishful thinking;) . OR IS IT? Wann-Spiel have been working some true magic this offseason.

Ross might be a risk free situation. But we've taken many of those already. Who knows, that 5th round pick could turn out to be a Pro-Bowler in 2 years! Just because he had one good game doesn't mean he's a stud. That's like saying Maurice Smith from Atlanta is a stud because he had a good game. Also, Bromell pisses me off more times than not. He gets more personal fouls than games he plays in. A huge goal we should have for next year is to be a lot more disciplined on both sides of the ball. We had more defensive penalties than I can count last year. Let Bromell go find another team to screw up. I'm glad he's gone and besides, David Bowens is probably better anyways.

I think the increase in penalties and mistakes on the defense is the result of lack of on field leadership........... Trace would`ve straightened the guys out. :)

Numbers on Marion's deal

Pasquarelli reports 5yrs 12 million...
2-3 million signing bonus...
I would bet that the contract is backloaded....
Probably works out to a 2yr or 3yr deal with us being on
the hook for $400k-600K a year for the signing bonus...

Miami sure doesn't sit still this year!

this all sounds goods for now, the fins are making a push to get us over the top...however, i'm concerned about the state of this team in 3-4 years

Back
Top Bottom