Brock Osweiler Impressing Miami Dolphins Early In Ota’s | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler Impressing Miami Dolphins Early In Ota’s

Can Osweiler be an okay backup? I'm very interested in that.

They said today that they would be working on his mechanics so maybe he truly can be better

How come John Elway, one of the greatest QB's of our time couldn't help work/fix his mechanics.

How come John Elway, one of the greatest QB's of our time couldn't help work/fix his mechanics.

Elway never tried. His role with the team was GM not individual tutoring of qbs.

I think fans are way too quick to count some players out and way to quick to anoint others. Sometimes you just have to see how things play out. A new team, new system, new role and new coaching. Sometimes all it takes is one of those four changes to impact a player's career. I think it might take a few weeks of preseason action to change some minds. Others could not careless how he plays, they will never back him. Osweiler may never be a top notch NFL starter, but he could easily be a decent backup if he's willing to accept that role. For a backup you fix what you can and coach around the weaknesses that remain. If you limit the amount of times you ask a player to do something he struggles with you increase his odds of succeeding. Of course you can't eliminate it all but you try to minimize as many bad situations as you can.

I hope they all look good with no hitting going on
That's also what I got from todays OTAs. Everyone looked good with the exception of Omar saying Smythe was slow.

I’ll keep an open mind for now.
Food for thought, Osweiler was a better prospect coming out of college than any of the 2nd tier prospects this past draft.
Upon reviewing the college careers of Fales compared to Lauletta and Falk, they are comparable.
Probably explains why Gase and the FO did not draft any of these 2nd tier QBs

Because being able to do it doesn't mean you can teach someone else how to do it. If this was true, Dan Marino would be making tens of millions of dollars a year as a QB coach.

Brock’s mechanics were so bad last year when he played.

He has great size and a good arm . . . But everything else is attrocious, especially upstairs.

Have no hope for this reclamation project and Gase’s track record of bringing in former players he has worked with has not been great either.

Who knows?

Sometimes it just boils down to confidence for a QB I think.

Maybe....and it’s just a remote maybe at this point...Gase can help him find confidence he seemed to lose in Houston.

Doesn’t hurt to give it a shot.

It isnt even preseason yet.
If RT gets hurt, Osweiler isnt going to take us to the playoffs.
I suppose the writers need something

He probably high points the ball better than what Parker's shown.

As far as going up and high pointing the ball goes, Can we name two Dolphin receivers in the past 20 years that have done a better job at it than Parker? He may not have been the beast some hoped he would be by now, but if I'm throwing the ball up in a crowd and want a receiver to out leap defenders and come down with the ball I'll take Parker over Landry, Stills, Hartline, Bess, Ginn, Wallace and so on and so on. The only one I can think of that I might take over Parker in that situation is Brandon Marshall. And even then I'm not sure Marshall was better at high pointing passes during his time in Miami than Parker.

Last edited:
I’ll remain a skeptic on the matter until I see it when the defense can hit him.

Back
Top Bottom