Broncos vs Dolphins 1999 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos vs Dolphins 1999

Good Post! How can I forget Jimmy Johnson infamous signature clap. As for Dan his release was insane. Also I wanted to talk about Tony Martin this dude is fast as hell!!! Go to the 4:40 mark he got some burners

Good Post! How can I forget Jimmy Johnson infamous signature clap. As for Dan his release was insane. Also I wanted to talk about Tony Martin this dude is fast as hell!!! Go to the 4:40 mark he got some burners

He should be. Whole team including Dan had to go to court to get him out of trouble for something I remember.

He should be. Whole team including Dan had to go to court to get him out of trouble for something I remember.
Had something to do with money laundering. He had a friend that went down but Martin was acquitted.

Going down the YouTube rabbit hole. Damn, Marino had such a quick release. Yeah. I know. We've heard that many times. It's still amazing to see it.

Who remembers this game?

They even dubbed the radio call. Ahh good times. I used to turn the TV down and listen to Zimfer & Mandich instead.

That over the top right sideline ball to Martin was pure perfection. Dan’s throws didn’t hang in the air any longer than they needed to. Even on bombs. He was so lethal and I will never tire of watching his highlights.

Going down the YouTube rabbit hole. Damn, Marino had such a quick release. Yeah. I know. We've heard that many times. It's still amazing to see it.

Who remembers this game?

They even dubbed the radio call. Ahh good times. I used to turn the TV down and listen to Zimfer & Mandich instead.

Yeah, I remember this game. It was the opener of 1999. If you search, there is also a 10 minute pre-game show segment from ESPN. During it, Dan Le Batard does a voice over segment on Marino. The entire game was posted on the same site (can we say youtube here? on some forums it is not allowed). I can't locate the game there anymore. The 1998 game against the Broncos on MNF was also posted there (both games were in their broadcast entirety). This was Brian Griese's first career start, if I recall correctly.

John Avery and Yatil Green. No wonder we fell on hard times.

We all know the legend of the quick release and his pocket presence. But really, lets really look at the greatness here. Here is Danny at the very end of his career laden with about 50 knee surgeries and a shoulder issue. STILL, just look at the way he was still moving in that pocket to avoid defenders and getting that ball down field. I’m trying not to be bias here but that was the greatest at the QB position I’ve ever witnessed.
Im always against judging QBs because they didn’t win a championship. That’s a total bullshit take as far as I’m concerned. To win a championship you need everyone from the water boy to the head coach to perform magic. Never mind building at least a fair defense and running game around the QB. There are just too many variables in football to be able to pull of a SB win to judge a QB as not the greatest at his position.

We all know the legend of the quick release and his pocket presence. But really, lets really look at the greatness here. Here is Danny at the very end of his career laden with about 50 knee surgeries and a shoulder issue. STILL, just look at the way he was still moving in that pocket to avoid defenders and getting that ball down field. I’m trying not to be bias here but that was the greatest at the QB position I’ve ever witnessed.
Im always against judging QBs because they didn’t win a championship. That’s a total bullshit take as far as I’m concerned. To win a championship you need everyone from the water boy to the head coach to perform magic. Never mind building at least a fair defense and running game around the QB. There are just too many variables in football to be able to pull of a SB win to judge a QB as not the greatest at his position.

He was the Ted Williams of the NFL.

Who remembers this game?

I never understood why that Elway backwards pass because Thomas spun him wasn’t a fumble. It should be because it’s a great defensive play.

That movement before halftime where he hit Drayton in the back of the EZ (though he was OOB) was magic footwork - as you say - at the end of his career when he was all physically broken down.

Back
Top Bottom