BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

as much as i dont care for losman, and as funny as he sounds when he talks, you shouldnt say it would be funny if he busts his leg again, that aint right. id like to see him picking himself up of the gras every play with mud hanging from his face mask looking out of his ear hole, but to say it would be funny if he was injured that just aint right

Let's see, the "I have never played a full season" McGahee or the "I have never taken a snap in an NFL game" Brown. Maybe after the upcoming season, or silly me, at least a couple of games, we could begin to accurately comment on this topic.

Justasportsfan said:
Thurman was a noodle knee. How did he do against Marino and the fins ?

What position did Marino play on defense? I can't remember.....

All this time and still taking shots at the best QB ever? Man, you are bitter about the Bills picking the wrong guy....

kizzaboo said:
Its obvious that the person is bias when they say that a RB who got drafted in an average RB class, was draft in the 26th overall (if i recall) otherwise in the late 1st round, would be selected ahead of the first RB at #2 overall taken in the deepest most talented RB draft pool in decades.

You can't really compare them. I think McGahee would have been the first player taken overall in this draft if he had been healthy.

He was a projected top 3 pick the year he came out and I'm pretty sure, after Carson Palmer, he would have went #2.

Just because this draft was deeper at RB overall dosen't mean it had a higher ceiling.

That being said, Ronnie Brown reminds me of Thurman Thomas. He has the ability to split out, run, catch the screen.

Ronnie is bigger and a little less alusive, but that kind of versitility is what made Thomas and the Bills so dangerous in the 90's.

See with Brown and McMichael you don't need to change personel to go from a single back to a 4 wide causeing mismatches downfield. Ronnie going from RB to slot WR is scary.

phinfan13/34 said:
That and the fact Ronnie cost us a #2 overall pick. He'd better be better! :spider:

Thats a good point.

We essentially traded Peerless Price (and his outrageous contract demands) for McGahee. Steal of the century. (Except when we traded a first for deadsloe)

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
Mc Gahee is one of the best backs in the league and his only in his first year..He is not "Overrated".. Willis is the ****. Remember the Stiff Arm on Edwards??

thankyou. you just made my day. that pick is my avatar on another website, but i cant get it up there on this one.....:(

kizzaboo said:
Its obvious that the person is bias when they say that a RB who got drafted in an average RB class, was draft in the 26th overall (if i recall) otherwise in the late 1st round, would be selected ahead of the first RB at #2 overall taken in the deepest most talented RB draft pool in decades.

in general you would be corrrect, but that does not apply to this situation.

befor his knee injury people were talking like he would be the #1 overall pick, or atleast a definate top 5 if not top 3 pick.

after his injury, people wondered if he would even play again. and he would have to sit out a year. that droped his stock drasticaly.

Brown is a very good RB, but there was still a question whether he was even the best RB in the draft. and his #2 overall selection is based on the team needs of the top teams, as well as tallent of the other top players.

but say willis did not blow out his knee, and came out of college this year, with brown, benson, and williams.

i would bet money willis would be taken before any of the others. im not saying they suck, im just saying willis was better in college.

Losman7 said:
You can't really compare them. I think McGahee would have been the first player taken overall in this draft if he had been healthy.

He was a projected top 3 pick the year he came out and I'm pretty sure, after Carson Palmer, he would have went #2.

Just because this draft was deeper at RB overall dosen't mean it had a higher ceiling.

That being said, Ronnie Brown reminds me of Thurman Thomas. He has the ability to split out, run, catch the screen.

Ronnie is bigger and a little less alusive, but that kind of versitility is what made Thomas and the Bills so dangerous in the 90's.

See with Brown and McMichael you don't need to change personel to go from a single back to a 4 wide causeing mismatches downfield. Ronnie going from RB to slot WR is scary.

Very interesting conparison. Personnaly, if McGahee did not have the injury and was in this years draft then I think he would have been the first back selected. The dude was a serious force at Miami against top notch defenses. I thought he had good hands as well. The injury was crushing...but he appears to be making a serious recovery.

You can't really compare Brown and McGahee right now. McGahee, even w/ limited performance...has already proven he can play in the NFL. Brown only has potential. Now...who will be the best back in 3-5 years? I think it will depend on the offensive scheme of the coahes and the grace of god ref injuries.

One last thing...if we can say Brown in the same breath as Thurman Thomas...then this was a sound #2 pick. I thought Thurman was one of the best all around backs in the NFL. For the life of me...I still cannot understand why the Bills lost FOUR superbowls w/ Kelley and Thomas...and Bruce Smith on defense. it must have been the coach not being able to get those guys prepared for the big dance because I honestly felt the talent was on the field.

Losman....who the hell knows? Right now he is in about the same category as AJ...pretty much unproven but w/ great upside. He might have an edge only because he is in the same system for the second year running. AJ will need to adjust from the Wanny mindf**k which might have set him BACK.

Most likely it will come down to the best coaching staff which ultimately dicates the success of both backs and QB's. In this category Nick is also unproven in the NFL but his potential upside (with his selected staff) far exceeds the competition...so...if Nick does what I think he will do...the position players will appear to be better then their competition for many years to come.

Thurman Thomas was the original Marshall Faulk.

Losman7 said:
Thurman Thomas was the original Marshall Faulk.

I agree. Here is an interesting note:

In what turned out to be a twist of fate for the Bills, they chose Thurman with the 13th pick of the second round and the 40th player overall. “Had we had a first-round choice,†Levy said retrospectively, “we probably would have gone for someone else.†In a deep running back draft, Gaston Green (Rams), John Stephens (Patriots), Lorenzo White (Oilers), Brad Muster (Bears), Craig Heyward (Saints), Icky Woods (Bengals), and Tony Jeffries (Cardinals) were all selected ahead of Thomas.

I wonder who the Bills would have selected and how things would have been different.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I wonder who the Bills would have selected and how things would have been different.

Probably woulda won 5 SB's :roflmao:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I agree. Here is an interesting note:

Wow...just goes to show how much the draft is a crap shoot....all those guys ahead of Thurman? Come to think of it...were there not a few QB's selected ahead of Dan Marino?!? ;)

I really believe the heart and soul of a good draft is the later round selections anyway...

Losman7 said:
Probably woulda won 5 SB's :roflmao:

More like, the Bills wouldn't have had the Dolphin killer - Thurman Thomas and wouldn't have made it to any SBs.

Thurman is who made that offense go, not Kelly, not Reed. He provided the versatility that made the no huddle possible. He was the matchup problem for defenses, especially the bone headed Tom Olivadotti.....

Back
Top Bottom