BRown Or MCgahee??? | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRown Or MCgahee???

kizzaboo said:
Also I am not saying that McGahee isnt a team player when I said Brown was, its just that he was in a unique situation with Cadiliac in college.

i get what your saying, but i still dont think you can take what a RB did in college and compare that to what a diffrent RB did in the NFL.

but i also dont think you can look at what a player did in college and predict what they will do in the NFL. (even if thats what the combine is for..)

my real point in all of this is that both RBs were very good college players.

but willis has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL.
Brown has not had that chance yet.

and untill he does, all you can say is "probubly", "he should", or "i hope"...

i know, i said alot of those when we drafted willis.

ch19079 said:
i get what your saying, but i still dont think you can take what a RB did in college and compare that to what a diffrent RB did in the NFL.

but i also dont think you can look at what a player did in college and predict what they will do in the NFL. (even if thats what the combine is for..)

my real point in all of this is that both RBs were very good college players.

but willis has proven he can play at a high level in the NFL.
Brown has not had that chance yet.

and untill he does, all you can say is "probubly", "he should", or "i hope"...

i know, i said alot of those when we drafted willis.

I am not argueing on that McGahee is a proven RB. I am not comparing what Brown did in college and what McGahee did in the NFL. No predictions here, just on assuming that Ronnie isnt a complete bust I would rather have him if I had to choice between Ronnie and Willis. A lot of it has to do with the beating a RB takes and how hard it is to stay healthy with the limited life span of the NFL RB.

death7star said:
how funny would it be if losman break's his leg again?
It would be just as funny as Brown blowing out his knee for the first time..... not very funny.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
What position did Marino play on defense? I can't remember.....

All this time and still taking shots at the best QB ever? Man, you are bitter about the Bills picking the wrong guy....
Swoosh, he comes back and misses the point again. Not surprised. :rolleyes:

Listen Wannyfaninbuffalo, I was pointing out that having had a busted knee in the PAST doesn't mean automatic failure, thus Thurman Thomas It wasn't a shot at the greatest PASSER. :shakeno: Get it now? Can't dumb it any further for you.

ch19079 said:
ive known what price is since he was with buffalo. he hasnt changed. a great #2, but an average/below average #1. (when we traded him i said he would not make a good #1 guy).

and in my post i said M. Vick sint a good passing QB like most NFL QBs. and stated that might be another reason price's numbers are so low. (so are you agreeing with me, or not??)

If you agree about Vick then you or anyone else can't judge PP and his peoduction to this point!!

Wow tuff question im a canes fan and a dolphins fan so its hard to decide but to be honest no one ran the ball better then mcgahee last year. If he played the whole year he would of had the most yards I bet and Mcgahee is more proven then Ronnie Brown. I think both of them will be great and the only thing that will determine who is better is how both teams use the player.

feelthepain said:
If you agree about Vick then you or anyone else can't judge PP and his peoduction to this point!!

I honestly don't care about Price anymore. Lee Evans is better than him, and I will always thank PP for his final act as a Buffalo Bill : Turning into a first rounder.

Honestly, someone traded the #23 pick for Peerless Price...you only got a #2 for Surtain (who is much better at his position) and we can't unload Henry now for a bag of crap.

Crime of the Century ( actually number 2 crime, behind OJ)

feelthepain said:
Flutie scrambled a lot. Not as much as Vick, but that year Moulds had his best season receiving. Peerless is a no. 2.

Justasportsfan said:
Swoosh, he comes back and misses the point again. Not surprised. :rolleyes:

Listen Wannyfaninbuffalo, I was pointing out that having had a busted knee in the PAST doesn't mean automatic failure, thus Thurman Thomas It wasn't a shot at the greatest PASSER. :shakeno: Get it now? Can't dumb it any further for you.

When making a point about Thurman Thomas' performances against the Fins, Dan Marino has nothing to do with it. Are you too simple to understand that?

The mention of Marino in that context was a shot at the greatest QB, period.

still as brain dead as ever......

FinfanInBuffalo said:
When making a point about Thurman Thomas' performances against the Fins, Dan Marino has nothing to do with it. Are you too simple to understand that?

The mention of Marino in that context was a shot at the greatest QB, period.

still as brain dead as ever......
Wasn't it Dan's "the greatest passer" era? Don't be so sensitive about Dan. I wasn't balsting him.

Justasportsfan said:
Wasn't it Dan's "the greatest passer" era? Don't be so sensitive about Dan. I wasn't balsting him.

You are correct, the greatest QB was on the sideline watching Tom Olivadipsh!t's defense try to stop Thurman Thomas. He had about as much control of that as you and I.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You are correct, the greatest QB was on the sideline watching Tom Olivadipsh!t's defense try to stop Thurman Thomas. He had about as much control of that as you and I.
If it makes you feel better , I'll rephrase the question. How did Thurman do against Shula and the fins?

Happy now? :cooldude:

Justasportsfan said:
If it makes you feel better , I'll rephrase the question. How did Thurman do against Shula and the fins?

Happy now? :cooldude:

He did very well. He earned the name "Dolphin Killer". Don Shula's loyalty to Olivadotti played a large role in denying Marino a SB ring, just as Levy's loyalty to Walt Corey did to the Bills.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
He did very well. He earned the name "Dolphin Killer". Don Shula's loyalty to Olivadotti played a large role in denying Marino a SB ring, just as Levy's loyalty to Walt Corey did to the Bills.
All this time I thought it was Shula preffering to throw the ball all the time so he doesn't hurt Dan's feelings by finding a great rb. My bad.

Back
Top Bottom